Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

IS members want their British citizenship back

Comments

• Addickted said:

1. Reinstate their British citizenship.
    2. Put them on trail in a British Courtroom judged by their peers.
    3. If they are found guilty then sentence them according to the law.

That’s how the law works in a democracy. I don’t see a problem with it at all.

Syria has little in the way of a legal process just now.
    Tough shit. No one forced them to go there and fight.

Let whatever legal process there is left in Syria go through it's course and punish them by Syrian laws.

Did humanitarian aid workers Alan Henning and David Haines, both UK citizens helping locals caught up in this jihad, get a fair trial before they were beheaded by these scum? And it was these scum who did it by their own admission - along with 25 other Western hostages.
    This. Also John Cantlie. Let the syrians sort this out, Why waste tax payers money on these two terrorist scum. How would you feel if your loved one had been killed serving our country by the IS? Oh yeah bring them back, let's put them in a state prison where they are kept warm and fed for a few years. Whilst victims families pay for the privileges.

I personally would want them to be tortured for as long as humanly possible and send them videos to there jihadi brothers.
  • Make them go and watch Oxford United every week.

If that don’t work make them watch an omnibus of post match interviews.
  • edited March 2018

The problem with all this “tough shit” “bang em about a bit” attitude is that it doesn’t take account of what actual processes there are for the authorities to work with.

The reason this country and other democracies like it will always be better than the hate and fear filled dictatorships around the world is just because we have laws and processes and we don’t flout those laws and processes whenever it suits.

These two pieces of scum are beyond contempt but they must face due process under the law.

Which is exactly why we should let the syrians sort this one
  • The problem with all this “tough shit” “bang em about a bit” attitude is that it doesn’t take account of what actual processes there are for the authorities to work with.

The reason this country and other democracies like it will always be better than the hate and fear filled dictatorships around the world is just because we have laws and processes and we don’t flout those laws and processes whenever it suits.

These two pieces of scum are beyond contempt but they must face due process under the law.

If they face the law in this country they will spend the rest of their lives in prison at the taxpayer 's expense and probably radicalise God knows how many people.

Leave em where they are.
    Will they even spend life in prison? What is a life term in the UK? What charges would they be accounted for?
    You know there's going to be some tools protesting there rights outside court etc.

As we say leave them in Syria.
  • The problem with all this “tough shit” “bang em about a bit” attitude is that it doesn’t take account of what actual processes there are for the authorities to work with.

If they get locked up in a British prison, they've been let off the hook as far as I'm concerned. From reeking havoc in a lawless war zone and getting up to who knows what, they get a fair trial in the UK where the worst that can happen is that they get locked up for a few years in a relatively cushty prison, at the cost of the British tax payer (£40k per year, per prisoner ain't it?)
  • edited March 2018
    If under international law they can be left where they are then that suits me fine. It really does but I’m not sure that a person can be left stateless.

Diane Foley the mother of murdered journalist James Foley want “someone” to take responsibility for their trial. She fears the longer they stay in Syria the more likely they will escape justice.

Personally I hope the Americans take them to trial in the States but failing that I think that GB has to take responsibility and bring them to justice here.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018

If under international law they can be left where they are then that suits me fine. It really does but I’m not sure that a person can be left stateless.

Diane Foley the mother of murdered journalist James Foley want “someone” to take responsibility for their trial. She fears the longer they stay in Syria the more likely they will escape justice.

Personally I hope the Americans take them to trial in the States but failing that I think that GB has to take responsibility and bring them to justice here.

Sure, take responsibility for em just over the Turkey / Syria border, by sticking a few 8mm rounds into em.
  • Forget them.
  • edited March 2018
    "take responsibility" ----- yes why not ,i mean 400/600 of their "army" walked back into the UK without ANY consequences---20/30,000 radicals live here ---yes bring the poor boys "home"-----let them live at our expense for decades at a cost to" their fellow" tax payers---forget the millions it will cost ---forget that as ISIS they destroyed ANY vestige of nationality in order to belong to that death cult---- bring the boys home,get the black flags out,we must do the right thing
  • We should ask these fellas what they would do...

• DRAddick said:

The irony of people wishing to behave in a barbaric, anti democratic and anti human social evolution way which they condemn others for behaving in is never lost on me. Acting in such a way is ok as long as it's under their justification but not anyone elses apparently.

This
  • Addickted said:

1. Reinstate their British citizenship.
    2. Put them on trail in a British Courtroom judged by their peers.
    3. If they are found guilty then sentence them according to the law.

That’s how the law works in a democracy. I don’t see a problem with it at all.

Syria has little in the way of a legal process just now.
    Tough shit. No one forced them to go there and fight.

Let whatever legal process there is left in Syria go through it's course and punish them by Syrian laws.

Did humanitarian aid workers Alan Henning and David Haines, both UK citizens helping locals caught up in this jihad, get a fair trial before they were beheaded by these scum? And it was these scum who did it by their own admission - along with 25 other Western hostages.
    I don't give a toss about the IS scum and wish that they had already been topped.

My sympathies lie with their captors who are trying to do the right thing in the face of little infrastructure.
  • All this 'stateless' b*llocks. They're members/citizens/civilians of the Islamic 'State' so let the Islamic 'State' support them.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018

But then the daughter of another victim (David Haines), is not happy that the "two individuals who have committed such heinous crimes have been treated like guests with access to the media and are allowed access to smartphones.", after the pair have shown "no remorse"
  • I’m normally of the wishy-washy persuasion. But in this case, f**k ‘em.

Yep. Likewise.
  • We should ask these fellas what they would do...

Yep those Brexit voters are in the same category as the IS fighters, peas in a pod and rightfully mocked on this thread..
  • Wtf that's some insult
  • If under international law they can be left where they are then that suits me fine. It really does but I’m not sure that a person can be left stateless.

Sure, take responsibility for em just over the Turkey / Syria border, by sticking a few 8mm rounds into em.
    Ah. Summary Justice. Aren’t you forgetting to torture them first ?

We become just as bad as them if we don’t stick with those hard earned rights under our democracy.

No, no torture, just shoot em both through the head.

I can't see the point in torturing em meself, but whatever floats your boat Shootie
  • If under international law they can be left where they are then that suits me fine. It really does but I’m not sure that a person can be left stateless.

But then the daughter of another victim (David Haines), is not happy that the "two individuals who have committed such heinous crimes have been treated like guests with access to the media and are allowed access to smartphones.", after the pair have shown "no remorse"
    Perhaps the shameful situation you highlight is a good reason to get them into proper custody in a country where they are deprived of such luxuries . You can’t have it both ways.

• edited March 2018

DRAddick said:

The irony of people wishing to behave in a barbaric, anti democratic and anti human social evolution way which they condemn others for behaving in is never lost on me. Acting in such a way is ok as long as it's under their justification but not anyone elses apparently.

Weird how you chose to point out the irony / hypocrisy in law abiding folk having a view that these rats should not be allowed back to stand trial in the UK and be left to sort themselves out, for whatever fate awaits them elsewhere. Instead of pointing out the initial irony / hypocrisy in them wanted a "fair trial" in the UK, after fighting to enforce the polar opposite, across the world, for the last few years
    Not weird just not part of this particular episode of the conversation amongst people on here. I'm fully aware of their irony thank you, just pointing out the irony of those who are seemingly unaware their own whilst thinking their proposed actions are above the same actions of those barbarians they condemn.