Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Northampton 0 CAFC 4 (POST MATCH THREAD) 30/03/2018

Comments

• Rotherham have lost a bit of form - I think we will win comfortably.
  • Really enjoyed my first trip to Sixfields despite the grotty weather but let’s not get carried away with the performance because Northampton Town stunk the place out . They were bloody awful .
    Sure we played well and our winning of the loose balls was fantastic but they were a team that knew they were beat before they kicked off.
    Rotherham will be nothing like them on Monday so our worst enemy will be complacency.

Indeed... Lets beat Rotherham, scunny and Shrewsbury before we crack open the champagne
  • cafc_se7 said:

May I make an impassioned plea to all boycotters to ,for the last few home games,forget RD,and help get us promoted,15000 plus crowds could well inspire the team to play even better than they are at the moment,and get us over the line.

Sorry, but no can do.
    Much as I'd like to attend on Monday and have a beer or two with family and friends that I've missed meeting up with, I just cannot do that whilst Roland's name remains above the door.

It's great that everyone is buoyant after the last two matches but the most important thing at the moment is what is happening off the pitch, not on it.

So, for me, it's still a case of until the sale is officially confirmed I can't bring myself to support the team (my heart wouldn't truly be in it). I'd hate to return only to find that the shitbag from Belgium has changed his mind about selling or is hoping/waiting for promotion so that he can screw a few more million out of any potential buyers.
    A real shame mate because as others have mentioned, it just feels slightly different at the moment! It feels very Charlton!
    I think that everyone is desperate for things to feel better and two great wins and performances, with two proper Charlton men at the helm, help that feeling.
    Unfortunately we all know that Roland could put the kibosh on all this positivity at the drop of a hat.
    I'm just going to have to suffer for a bit longer until I know that he can't spoil things further.
    Completely respect that!
  • cafc_se7 said:

One hot day doesn't make a summer. Normal service will be resumed.

Surely thats two hot days though seeing we won on Saturday?
    Have as many hot days as you like... How many false dawns do you want in a season... Same people were saying the same thing for the last few seasons after a couple of wins on the trot. Happy to be proved wrong for the the first time ever here but i wont be.
    Have a break!
    Have a kit kat.
  • Eldest first away game - Arsenal win 4-2
    Youngest first away game - Northampton win 4-0

Well I suggest you poor the Mrs a large drink and start whispering sweet nothings, I like scoring four away from home
  • One hot day doesn't make a summer. Normal service will be resumed.

Have as many hot days as you like... How many false dawns do you want in a season... Same people were saying the same thing for the last few seasons after a couple of wins on the trot. Happy to be proved wrong for the the first time ever here but i wont be.
    Booooooooo
  • Sponsored links:

• Really enjoyed my first trip to Sixfields despite the grotty weather but let’s not get carried away with the performance because Northampton Town stunk the place out . They were bloody awful .
    Sure we played well and our winning of the loose balls was fantastic but they were a team that knew they were beat before they kicked off.
    Rotherham will be nothing like them on Monday so our worst enemy will be complacency.

Can only beat what's infront of you, and beat them we did. Made them look like school boys out there. Fun to watch.
  • If Robinson was responsible for bringing Fosu in he deserves some praise. It is just he was too tactically rigid. But I think getting this lad for a development fee from Reading is one of the true footballing crimes. Why do I take pleasure in that? probably because it is normally done to us, not by us.

I live 10 miles from Reading and the feeling amongst some of my colleagues who are Reading fans was, they were not sorry to see him go. These are people who see the reserves and under 23 sides... Our gain.
  • clb74 said:

Can you get a 3 bed house in northampton for 100k

Few of us got a semi in Northampton today for £25.

What a result. Hope we take that into Monday as beating Rotherham will send out a message to the teams around us.
    We will win Monday -3-0
  • Fosu- has more than a little of Morts about him. Superb two goals.

That's a very good comparison.
  • I'm actually struggling to remember the last time Charlton were so dominant in a match.

Just beautiful football today as well. I thought Northampton might come out and give it a real go in the second half but we didn't let them develop any rhythm and pinned them back from the off. Relentless.

Knob:-)
  • May I make an impassioned plea to all boycotters to ,for the last few home games,forget RD,and help get us promoted,15000 plus crowds could well inspire the team to play even better than they are at the moment,and get us over the line.

This. He's virtually gone, get yourself back there.
  • Sponsored links:

Yeah, I want to enjoy today so have pushed these rational kind of thoughts out of my head, but we stuck 4 past this lot under Robinson too so we should not get too carried away. Plymouth winning 4-0 today though after what we did to them last week suggests today was not all about Northampton being poor. Lets hope the players are confident and playing with freedom at a supportive Valley on Monday, rather than over confident and complacent.
  • And for the first time in agesssssss we sang eieieio adding on ‘we are charlton, super charlton Bowyer is our King!’

Knob:-)
    Ditto
  • Nug said:

LouisMend said:
    Absolute chalk and cheese listening to him as opposed to Robinson.
    It's quarter to ten... Tarbuck would STILL be talking!
  • Nug said:

LouisMend said:
    Absolute chalk and cheese listening to him as opposed to Robinson.
    Indeed he seems very upbeat.
  • edited March 2018
    Have 8 of Fosu's 9 goals come away from home?

Have 8 of Magennis' 9 goals come via his head?
  • The weirdest thing about this is that Bow and Jacko were part of Robinson's coaching set up. Did they not have any say in the team set up before? Its such an incredible change in mentality and quality with exactly the same playing staff. Brilliant but bizarre

Utterly Charlton post 2010