Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Northampton 0 CAFC 4 (POST MATCH THREAD) 30/03/2018

Comments

• Options

If the new owners do come in I think they have a difficult decision to make.

Give it to Bowyer.
    Easy decision if you ask me.
    I’d be half tempted to leave it as it is - caretaker until the end of the season.
    Thinking the same. Keep him double hungry.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Great result today but let's not get carried away. I'm taking each game as it comes.

COYR

Fuck that. Live in the moment. How often do we win 4 nil (FOUR DUCKING NIL) and totally dominate?
    I know Canters! Its time to go quackers!!
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

That was fun :).

Said it at halftime and will say it again, this is a team that is night and day from the one 2-3 weeks ago. We can talk about formation and personnel changes, and both play a role, but our movement, our pace, our freedom, our running off the ball, our willingness to play for each other, and our interchange and cleverness are not down to a change in either, but to a change in mentality. Immense credit to Bowyer.

Fosu is on another planet when he plays like that. But the best moment of the game for me was still him going over and giving his shirt to a kid, and a hug to another. Real class. And then a tunnel jump!!! (of sorts)

BFG is my player of the year. I don't know what else to say, he's just so good and can win the ball anywhere.

Moving Ben Reeves back maybe ten yards has really brought all the glimpses of ability he's shown into focus. That header for the goal was huge. Getting ahead of his man was so key. And his ball for Josh's goal was excellent. But it's also his movement, his ability to get into passing lanes, his ability to get stuck in, and his positioning that have made him look so good the last two games.

Lewis Page, after a year out of the game, has slotted in at left back and looked really good. Great ball for the first.

A word for Nicky Ajose. He looks a totally different player. He was unlucky not to be played in on a couple of occasions, but his movement, his workrate, his selflessness are all superb. He makes space for others so incredibly well. That dummy for Fosu was so clever. And his runs off the ball cause defenders all sorts of trouble. It's not a coincidence that Fosu seems to have more space with him in the team. All he needs is a goal now. And he bloody well deserves one.

Lastly, Anfernee Dijksteel. I have to keep reminding myself he's a 21-year-old central midfielder with less than ten League games under his belt because he looks so good. Great pace and athleticism. An absolute brick wall when 1-v-1. And he's so assured on the ball. And sometimes he drifts inside into the defensive midfield area just to show what he can do there. A real star in the making.

What a great performance. Things are getting exciting.

Absolutely nailed it for me!
  • Options
    Lee, Lee, Lee Bowyer!

Controlled it, always looked like scoring every time we went forward. All brilliant. Fosu is ridiculous.

Let Bowyer have the job until the end of the season... at least.
  • Options
    Crystal clear now that the players couldn't get on board with KR...cant be a coincidence...keep this momentum going lads! I weren't drinking till April 22nd but f**k it! Beers tonight!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

For any doubters, Reeves is quality.

If it wasn't for Fosu having a monster performance, then he would be by far motm
  • Options
    Fantastic result, sounds like everyone picked up from where they left last Saturday. Also just seen Peterborough got a last minute equaliser, which keeps Rotherham within distance...
  • Options
    So glad for Fosu getting two goals... Been worried since his return as thought those goals last year might have been a flash in the pan, especially as he hasnt really looked like scoring since coming back.

Hopefully he's set to go on another run as can be unplayable at times
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Watched on the stream from Thailand.

Again we looked like a different team from Robbo's last few matches in charge. Bowyer and Jacko seem to have them fired up and it really shows.

Quality result with some awesome individual performances, Fosu was immense. Defense looked strong, minimal mistakes made. Who is this Ben Reeves who is playing for us? Can barely recognise the player from his recent, solid performances, compared to how he played in the last few games under Robbo. Good day at the office all round. Good cameo from Mavididi. Seems like our players are coming back from fitness just at the right time for the run-in (bar Clarke, of course).

That said, Northampton were absolutely dire, make no mistake. I think they had one or two shots on target, one was straight at Amos. I'll be surprised if they stay up.

Now I just wish Robbo had fucked off two games earlier. I think Charlton, as we are playing now, would beat both the Fleetwood and Blackpool teams we fannied about against.

However, that's done now and we need to look forward, focus on the games coming up. Win the next few and we can start to get excited! COYR
  • Options
    a Wembley visit is very much back on again :-0
  • Options

Is it really that Lee is that good a manger, or just the KR and his clueless single striker, made a decent squad look shit !

Could be that the players weren't playing for him
  • Options
    Win the next 4 = Rotherham, Scunthorpe, Rovers and Wimbledon and we should be about there for the play offs. Not easy but Wi,bledon are poor, Rovers little to play for and the other two are hugely important as rivals for the play off spot.

Well done Bowyer and the team, I may even make a rare visit Monday. Promotion via play offs/Wembley with new minted owners and a Charlton man in charge would be an epically good way to head to the Championship...!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was there and so very proud to be there! What a performance! Couldn’t pick out an MOM but what struck me is how strong our squad is and this is with Kashi and Da Silva to come back into the mix!

Follow me on @gregdriscoll87 on twitter for the video of Tariq with the young lad, class!
  • Options

If it wasn't for Fosu having a monster performance, then he would be by far motm
    Yes, me too.
  • Options

2 really composed performances from him. Good quality on the ball and always an option. The cross for the 4th was a peach.
  • Options
    Is Viewfinder on holiday?
  • Options
    Fantastic result. Roll on Monday. I'm almost hoping the takeover doesn't go through just yet as I really think Bow and JJ can keep the momentum going. We have almost a fully fit squad who are playing with such confidence - for gaw'ds sake don't change the managerial set up now!