Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New train thread for attn of Herts, Beds & Cambs Addicks

In case anyone residing in the home counties to the north of our great city, Thameslink services from Cambridge & Peterborough are now starting to come online with a full service from May.

Stevenage to London Bridge in around 45 minutes will be useful.

If your not living in the area feel free to pitch in with random favourite villages or 3 bed semi info

Comments

• 3 Bed semi in Stevenage....seems steep at £350k

I had a semi this afternoon.

A Hughes-Fowler 'Crab' 2-6-0 No 42763 arriving at Bedford with empty stock on 15 August 1959. In the right background is BR Standard Class 2MT 2-6-2T No 84005 on the Cambridge service.

Source: http://www.davidheyscollection.com/index.htm
  • Live in Harpenden, there is going to be a direct train to Charlton on week nights, huge result.
  • Lutton is a nice village
    Or was when i lived there.

Long Sutton bit of a Shithole

Fleet Hargate also a nice area.
  • CHG said:

Live in Harpenden, there is going to be a direct train to Charlton on week nights, huge result.

Lots of Charlton fans in Harpenden. When I say lots I mean about a dozen.
  • CHG said:

Live in Harpenden, there is going to be a direct train to Charlton on week nights, huge result.

I thought I was the only one, we get everywhere.
  • CHG said:

CHG said:

I thought I was the only one, we get everywhere.
    I don't live there now but grew up there. I got to know all the Harpenden Addicks eventually. Not so many left now but there was always enough to have an annual gathering each summer. Nice to hear we're still represented. If we don't go up at least Luton away is nice and handy!
  • CHGCHG
    edited March 2018
    Good to hear. I am from Dartford and lived in Greenwich for 10 years until I met my wife and moved to Harpo. Been here for almost 10 years now. Good to hear there are more.
    Yep, Luton away, very very easy.
  • CHG said:

There’s only about that in Woolwich mate
  • SE7toSG3 said:

In case anyone residing in the home counties to the north of our great city, Thameslink services from Cambridge & Peterborough are now starting to come online with a full service from May.

Stevenage to London Bridge in around 45 minutes will be useful.

If your not living in the area feel free to pitch in with random favourite villages or 3 bed semi info

So you guys are finally getting electricity. Congratulations!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Tried to find info on Cambridge to charlton direct... couldn’t

Closest was this: https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/new-cambridge-trains-take-you-13770340.amp

Got a link?
  • No offence, but who wants to go Harpenden to Charlton, or vice versa? Unless you're a Harpendon supporter living in Charlton
  • Cambridge/Peterboro lines will go through to Brighton @Siv_in_Norfolk so it means direct to LB as opposed to Northern Line from Kings Cross.

For us in Hertfordshire living a whole 20 miles from the centre of London it will be quite useful, of course for those Kentish 'locals' who are lucky to live only 80 miles away the post will be of no interest ;-)
  • Pretty handy for me now im based in Arlesey. Even better would be making the 2 hour + train trip to Luton slightly shorter like the 25 min drive !
  • I used to live in Potton.

Do they have a train station now or is it a bus every three hours to Sandy or Biggleswade then a train from there?
  • shine166 said:

Pretty handy for me now im based in Arlesey. Even better would be making the 2 hour + train trip to Luton slightly shorter like the 25 min drive !

I would have thought you would want to take as long as possible to get to Luton. Not many people are in a rush to get there.
  • shine166 said:

Pretty handy for me now im based in Arlesey. Even better would be making the 2 hour + train trip to Luton slightly shorter like the 25 min drive !

I'm in Clifton mate, so just around the corner!