Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***PSA Tests for Prostate Cancer at The Valley tomorrow***

1234568»

Comments

• Tracey said:

Rob7Lee said:

Good luck to everyone affected,

@tracey I know we conversed on twitter (ab54666) but think I need to man up and do the ride next year, so count me in if it happens. Not sure my BMX will be any good though so will need to get myself a) a bike with gears and b) learn how to ride again and c) a resemblance of fit, I struggle running a bath!

Lol. I was the same. Hadn’t been on a bike for 20yrs! But within 3 months I went from 6miles to 60, a mountain bike to a hybrid then a road bike. It can be done and you have way longer to get prepared. Registration opens sometime in August and I will let you know when it does. Think it will sell out very early so we need to get in quick.
    Glad I see this............... so if Ive read this correctly. I can start off with a lower level bike, a mountain bike or hybrid which I can buy second hand for £30/£50 around here and then progress to road bike when my finances improve. Is that correct?
    I thought I needed to train/get fit/kill myself on a Road bike from the start.
    Plenty of room @Rob7Lee if I budge up. ;)
  • I’m saddened reading this that people appear to have to fight their doctor to get the test done

It may be one of the small benefits of private medicine in the US that they will routinely check you anything they can charge for.

My annual checkup includes a whole battery of blood tests, including the PSA since age 50. And regardless of the test result, you get the old personal inspection thrown in.

If nothing else, it establishes a trackable baseline over years.

If you tell your doctor you are showing certain symptons (even if your not) he will most likely send you for the test anyway.
  • Rob7Lee said:

Good luck to everyone affected,

@tracey I know we conversed on twitter (ab54666) but think I need to man up and do the ride next year, so count me in if it happens. Not sure my BMX will be any good though so will need to get myself a) a bike with gears and b) learn how to ride again and c) a resemblance of fit, I struggle running a bath!

Happy to help with bike advice etc. Bit of a bike nerd.
  • Prostate cancer spit tests trialled.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44437998