Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford appoint Robinson as head coach

Comments

• Options

I still don't quite understand the level of hatred for Robinson on here. Not a good manager and i'm glad he is gone from a footballing perspective, but he did seem to genuinely care about us and only ever tried his best. Personal attacks about his weight and calling him Gobinson etc. are way OTT imo

Only he didn't care. He is happy to sing the praises of whoever he thinks will advance his career be it Roland, Katrien, the fans (at whichever club) but mainly himself.

Don't hate him and don't care that much but seeing him struggle after all the shit we heard on here and elsewhere about what a great manager he was and how he had "passion" does raise a small smile.
    I don't think you can argue he didn't care. Granted he did talk drivel a lot, but a manager praising their boss is nothing new. As mentioned though some of the abuse he got 'fat scouse wanker' was not very classy and quite bizarre. I don't recall any other Charlton manager getting these things thrown at him, particularly by decent and insightful posters on here
    Yes, I can argue he didn't care. it was all show and the same routine as at MK Dons and now Oxford.

Lots of other managers have been abused, unfortunately, although for obvious reason only Robinson gets called a fat scouse.
  • Options
    Very measured take on Karl Robinson by Matt Wright in VOTV143 on Saturday.
  • Options
    He failed to realise that possession doesn't win matches , it's goals that win you games!
  • Options
    Wow. Oxford took for points off Gobinson this season will probably keep them up.
  • Options
    Correction Four points
  • Options

Correction Four points

Did it on purpose - knew he was going there & insured they'd stay up ! :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

agim said:

I still don't quite understand the level of hatred for Robinson on here. Not a good manager and i'm glad he is gone from a footballing perspective, but he did seem to genuinely care about us and only ever tried his best. Personal attacks about his weight and calling him Gobinson etc. are way OTT imo

Only he didn't care. He is happy to sing the praises of whoever he thinks will advance his career be it Roland, Katrien, the fans (at whichever club) but mainly himself.

Don't hate him and don't care that much but seeing him struggle after all the shit we heard on here and elsewhere about what a great manager he was and how he had "passion" does raise a small smile.
    How do you know he didn't care? From what I've heard he was genuine about his passion fir the club and wanted to succeed but the environment (as you can imagine with current owners) was/is toxic. He'd had enough by the end of Feb by all accounts. I don't know your profession but imagine your boss sacked co-workers, reduced your budget and constantly made bad decisions that had a negative effect. I think I'd quit too
    I'm assuming he quit because he knew that the new owners would replace him, and then the right job came up for him (on a personal level due to its location) so he went for it. I couldn't see him quitting Charlton to take a job at Plymouth or Doncaster for example.
    Just not true. He was touting himself for the Fleetwood job.
    But was he seriously after the Fleetwood job, or was he just letting the wider football world that he was available?
  • Options
    @Irving
    Still hiding behind lols?
    Make your point.
  • Options

agim said:

How do you know he didn't care? From what I've heard he was genuine about his passion fir the club and wanted to succeed but the environment (as you can imagine with current owners) was/is toxic. He'd had enough by the end of Feb by all accounts. I don't know your profession but imagine your boss sacked co-workers, reduced your budget and constantly made bad decisions that had a negative effect. I think I'd quit too
    Same so called "passion" he showed at MK Dons and now at Oxford. All a sham.

He came in knowing the situation was toxic and was told about the owners but still not only took the job but went out of his way to praise them.

He'd had enough when the team dived down the table. Before then he told us "we had our club back".
    I can understand why he took the job. I'm not really defending KR but I think from the outside Charlton was a attractive job for him. He's obviously self confident but all managers are. I don't think he handled his last few months here well and if anything I'll remember him for bottling it BUT I don't think he done as bad as some on here think.
    The guy I know who spoke to him up at Blackpool said he was completely exasperated with the owners and was left in the dark about everything.
  • Options
    agim said:

agim said:

Same so called "passion" he showed at MK Dons and now at Oxford. All a sham.

He came in knowing the situation was toxic and was told about the owners but still not only took the job but went out of his way to praise them.

He'd had enough when the team dived down the table. Before then he told us "we had our club back".
    I can understand why he took the job. I'm not really defending KR but I think from the outside Charlton was a attractive job for him. He's obviously self confident but all managers are. I don't think he handled his last few months here well and if anything I'll remember him for bottling it BUT I don't think he done as bad as some on here think.
    The guy I know who spoke to him up at Blackpool said he was completely exasperated with the owners and was left in the dark about everything.
    I don't blame him for taking the job either, he was unemployed after failing at MK Dons (which tells you something).

I don't blame him for looking for another job either.

It was how he acted when he was in the job.

None of that would matter if he won games, but he didn't

The "passion" stuff is meaningless and always was. Just win games
  • Options
    edited April 2018

I don't think you can argue he didn't care. Granted he did talk drivel a lot, but a manager praising their boss is nothing new. As mentioned though some of the abuse he got 'fat scouse wanker' was not very classy and quite bizarre. I don't recall any other Charlton manager getting these things thrown at him, particularly by decent and insightful posters on here
    Yes, I can argue he didn't care. it was all show and the same routine as at MK Dons and now Oxford.

Lots of other managers have been abused, unfortunately, although for obvious reason only Robinson gets called a fat scouse.
    Move on
    Move on
    The man has done nothing wrong.
    He won a few matches
    He lost a few matches
    And now the 'Gobinson's' gone.

[Apologies for use of the 'G' word there]
  • Options
    I think he did some good things and have nothing against him and do wish him well. It just seemed to me that he was too inflexible which is surprising for a young guy (in management terms) who started very young.
  • Options
    @Irving
    Your hiding behind another lol is as predictable as it is spineless.
    You only take on people you consider to be intellectually inferior: people like Paulie who you called 'dim' in another of your puritanical arguments.
    Your self-regard and abject narcissism is as ugly as the physical body it lurks in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's no wonder his favourite band is Abba, with his favourite track being 'Take a Chance(r) On Me'!!

He masquerades as a football manager!
  • Options
    agim said:

I we really still talking about KR?

I, we are!
  • Options
    Oxford are hosting Southend tomorrow.

KR vs SCP.

Never wanted Southend to win before but, come on you Blues!
  • Options
    Redskin said:

@Irving
    You only take on people you consider to be intellectually inferior: people like Paulie who you called 'dim' in another of your puritanical arguments.
    Your self-regard and abject narcissism is as ugly as the physical body it lurks in.

Digging someone out for making a personal insult then making a personal insult yourself.

And you have to the front to tell others to grow up?
  • Options
    I don't expect any manager to care in the same way as we do. Charlton is not Robinson's club - but when he became manager he bought into what the club could be and what he wanted to do for it. That is all I ask of a manager and expect him to do the same at Oxford. I won't criticise him for thinking he could solve the issue between owner and fans with words - it is ignorance but noble enough! He discovered the hard way what we already knew about the owner!

What I will criticise him for is his inflexibility tactically and I think it is hard to argue against this massive weakness. But other aspects I assume, I don't really know, he did well enough and I do think he tried his best.
  • Options
    I think that was understandable too.
  • Options
    I doubt any manager, SCP and maybe Jose aside, will be remembered under the Dutchalet era. Ironically he came in when Nugent had done so well in his short stint. Unfortunately for KR, he talked an incredible game but rarely delivered. I didn't like it, even if true, when he spouted off after the Shrewsbury away game last season, calling out that certain players were not "playing for the club". KR will be remembered for his David Brent style press interviews, thankfully they've moved on to pastures new. He had a little spell when we were playing some neat football, but very much one I will want to forget when new owners are in and we're back in the Championship, at the very least.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

@Irving

“What a bunch of pathetic, snivelling babies some people come across as on here”