Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next permanent manager... take your pick...

Hypothetically, you can have anyone on the list. Who do you choose, and why?

Comments

• I don't know who Beal is
  • None of them
  • Out of that lot,Warburton.
  • (For the purposes of the bet, I would lump on Lee Bowyer. Ten games between now and the end of the season, he's bound to last at least that long more than 1 in 16 times.)
  • Warbuton would be the only one i'd want tbh
  • None
  • Sponsored links:

• Is this the same list as on the 'odds on next Charlton manager thread'?
  • of all of those I'd rather give Bowyer / Jacko a chance
  • When Warburton was Brentford Manager I'd have hired him for Charlton.

Seems to have gone downhill a bit for him with Rangers and Nottingham Forest
  • Oops sorry only just realised we already have a thread on this / the available odds. Man the lifeboats boys, we're sinking...
  • Only Warburton for me from that list.
  • None of them.

Bung Southend a quarter of a million and bring Chris Powell home.
  • Who our manager is a pointless irrelevance until we have someone at a boardroom level with the club's best interests at heart actively running things with commitment, either directly as an owner or backed by an owner with the club's best interests at heart.
  • Sponsored links:

• Who our manager is a pointless irrelevance until we have someone at a boardroom level with the club's best interests at heart actively running things with commitment, either directly as an owner or backed by an owner with the club's best interests at heart.

Yeah that's true but for a bit of fun... who would you have out of that list? :-)
  • If anyone says Cotterill I’ll fight them.

If he were appointed I’d probably support another team.

Absolute Charlatan of a man
  • Bowyer because, in theory, for him to be offered the job permanently it'd mean he had had a successful spell as caretaker
  • Dont think you can call one game a 'spell', even if he does work magic and get a win
  • Southend haven’t won for 4 games.
  • None of them! (Stam!! What???).
    Gareth Ainsworth for me.

Yeah that's true but for a bit of fun... who would you have out of that list? :-)
    Out if the ones on that list, probably Kewell or Warburton, and it looks like we'll get Kewell, but it's a sign of where we've fallen to that there is no link to anyone like Nathan Jones, or Gareth Ainsworth.

I'm inclined to take someone in their second job who has done well in their first, or give a first break to someone. The honest truth is, I don't follow much of what goes on in Leagues 1 and 2 unless it directly involves Charlton, so I don't really know who is out there who would be a potential good fit.