Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pompey allocation (ed. 50 left)

Comments

• win the next 2 and pressure is on them and hopefully we can have a good drink up with a big following for a change. having never done pompey where will the masses head?
  • edited April 2018
    Uboat said:

Still doesn't quite add up if that end holds 2800, but I'm sure our ticket office know best.

No mans land of 150 at each end.
    Ridculous that most fans probably thought we'd sold out, when we have 700 left. Piss up & breweries spring to mind.
  • I stand corrected, im guessing that they have remedied the segregation issue since the was brought up earlier in the season. I hope you sell out, be good to see a decent away support for once.
  • edited April 2018

win the next 2 and pressure is on them and hopefully we can have a good drink up with a big following for a change. having never done pompey where will the masses head?

good companion pub on the eastern road is about 10 minutes from Fratton Park. Normal away fans pub.
  • Operation Pompei, it is then. Hopefully, we’ll turn up for a big game, for once
  • I stand corrected, im guessing that they have remedied the segregation issue since the was brought up earlier in the season. I hope you sell out, be good to see a decent away support for once.

After we went out of our way to let in more Pompey fans at The Valley, I guess Pompey felt obliged to be also flexible in accommodating extra away fans.

I imagine your's is one of the only grounds in this division where the home areas pretty much sell out, and where there would be demand for more tickets.

After we went out of our way to let in more Pompey fans at The Valley, I guess Pompey felt obliged to be also flexible in accommodating extra away fans.

I imagine your's is one of the only grounds in this division where the home areas pretty much sell out, and where there would be demand for more tickets.
    I would say that is the case. The worrying thing is that we seem to buckle whenever there is a big away following. Not sure if it is the siege mentality from the away fans which leads to the away team stepping up or what. Should be set for a big game and big atmosphere. Do you see Charlton selling out the wembley allocation should you make it to the the play off final?

I would say that is the case. The worrying thing is that we seem to buckle whenever there is a big away following. Not sure if it is the siege mentality from the away fans which leads to the away team stepping up or what. Should be set for a big game and big atmosphere. Do you see Charlton selling out the wembley allocation should you make it to the the play off final?
    We did last time we were there.
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

win the next 2 and pressure is on them and hopefully we can have a good drink up with a big following for a change. having never done pompey where will the masses head?

Where elfsborgs not
    Best to avoid either Goole or Biggleswade - these are the only 2 places he goes on a Saturday.

Whereas we buckle whenever we take a big away following, could cancel each other out.

I don't think we'd sell out Wembley either. Would take 32,000ish I reckon.
  • We’d sell whatever we were given at Wembley no problem, people underestimate everyone who would come out of the woodwork for such a game + mates etc

This, i will be getting as many mates along as possible. Also stepdad and brother who haven't been in a while (other than away Southend)
  • _MrDick said:

Operation Pompei, it is then. Hopefully, we’ll turn up for a big game, for once

Nooooooooooooooooo do not mention the word "operation" its not ended well in other "operations".
  • It's now called Codename Fratton
  • clb74 said:

Where elfsborgs not
    AFC Hayes v Godalming that day.

I don't have to worry about a ticket for that game.
  • clb74 said:

Where elfsborgs not
    Best to avoid either Goole or Biggleswade - these are the only 2 places he goes on a Saturday.
    Don't knock Goole Dicky, it's a very nice place.
  • Well, last night has pissed on our chips!
  • When was the last time we won in front of a big away following?
  • Sponsored links:

25th May 1998

25th May 1998
    yes, it's amazing we actually won that day seeing our record in 'big' games is so poor

• There might be another 2 to go on sale after last nights performance. Thinking of sending our 2 back as I don't think I can stomach another capitulation - and we'll be playing a much better team to boot.

Said on twitter last night - Have a look over the past 4 years (minimum) every single big game we turn out for, we lose without fail, and that includes home games too, it's pathetic.

25th May 1998
    yes, it's amazing we actually won that day seeing our record in 'big' games is so poor

It could be argued that we didn’t actually win it, Sunderland lost it.

Palace in the legendary ‘we’ll never play you again’ game

25th May 1998

We made a deal with the devil to win that game in exchange for losing all local derbies and penalty shoot outs from 2008 onwards.
  • As it is my 63rd birthday tomorrow, I snapped up a ticket at the princely sum of £17. Absolute bargain!!