Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry Kwell??

Comments

• Not convinced Kewell would be the right appointment. If new owners have money there's more proven managers out there rather than Kewell

Robinson was a proven Manager same with Riga and Luzon (albeit not in England)

Curbs / Powell werent proven Managers
    Yeah but Guardiola and Conte were proven managers and Paul Ince wasn't. I think this is such a narrow view of coaching and who is successful and who isn't.
  • SDAddick said:

Not convinced Kewell would be the right appointment. If new owners have money there's more proven managers out there rather than Kewell

Robinson was a proven Manager same with Riga and Luzon (albeit not in England)

Curbs / Powell werent proven Managers
    Yeah but Guardiola and Conte were proven managers and Paul Ince wasn't. I think this is such a narrow view of coaching and who is successful and who isn't.
    We’re not going to attract any manager that isn’t a gamble in some way or another. We’re a third tier team and will be next season.

Far better to pick a possible rising star who has ambition and drive and a career to build. What is the alternative ? Some journeyman whose stuck in their ways and stale. Slade anyone ?

Yes I absolutely agree, I would far rather we take someone with less experience but a bigger upside than someone with a long history of meh in the lower leagues.

The point I was trying to make above was just that the Curbs and Powell had little to no experience" argument is short sighted.

My bigger question is, and this is a genuine question, is Harry Kewell considered a rising star in coaching? Would we know who he was if he wasn't a former top level footballer? Would he be in consideration for the job (and he may not this may all be paper talk) if he weren't Australian? I don't really see anything in his coaching record that indicates the answer is "yes" to any of the above.
  • Maybe once we get the Belgiums out and appoint Kwell as the new manager, he can convince Ventokele to return and fire us to promotion.

Him and Vetokele, then we can finally play 4-4-2.
  • edited March 2018
    It's happening more and more it's killing my OCD for correct name spellings! @carbles please send help!
  • edited March 2018
    Manager obviously helps. But main thing for me would be a well drilled team, flexible, know their duties on and off the ball, give 110% every single minute of every game. That, in my opinion, is more important, than whether a manager has one year or ten years experience. From Australia, Belgium or Timbuktu. If the manager shows promise of providing the above, I’m game.
  • Would love for us to bring Curbs back
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

It's happening more and more it's killing my OCD for correct name spellings! @carbles please send help!

Leave Garbles out of this.

He's not even Top Mod these days, eh, I_b_b_o_r_g?

• Dazzler21 said:

Maybe once we get the Belgiums out and appoint Kwell as the new manager, he can convince Ventokele to return and fire us to promotion.

VETOKELE
    VETO FUCKING KELE

There's no N in either of his name's!
    I know exactly what you mean. Egor has always been one of my favourite Charlton players.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Maybe once we get the Belgiums out and appoint Kwell as the new manager, he can convince Ventokele to return and fire us to promotion.

VETOKELE
    VETO FUCKING KELE

Whilst we're at it...

Belgians. BelgIANs.

Not Belgiums.
  • Dunno... I've put the highlights from the Crawley game on the KAG thread - The defending from the players is shocking for their goals, better performances from individuals and that result may have been better
  • Was Kewell manager yesterday or was he digging his garden ?
  • Dunno... I've put the highlights from the Crawley game on the KAG thread - The defending from the players is shocking for their goals, better performances from individuals and that result may have been better
    Saw them this morning. Shocking.
  • I gather Crawley play very direct football . One of the reasons I enjoyed yesterday so much was the mixture of tactics; Zyro was used as an outball but we played really nicely between the lines, with Aribo and Fosu to the fore
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:

I gather Crawley play very direct football . One of the reasons I enjoyed yesterday so much was the mixture of tactics; Zyro was used as an outball but we played really nicely between the lines, with Aribo and Fosu to the fore

I thought Kewell was meant to have got them playing out from the back, very much a short passing game?
  • He's even got his own travel sickness pills, just the thing for that long journey from Sussex.

https://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/kwells-travel-sickness-tablets-300mcg/prd-4ae
  • Dazzler21 said:

VETOKELE
    VETO FUCKING KELE

Yet strangely no problem with "Belgiums"...
  • Dazzler21 said:

ODC
  • Dazzler21 said:

VETOKELE
    VETO FUCKING KELE

Woah... No need to VENT your anger on poor Callum ;)
    He really VENT for the KELE didn't he...
  • Whats the point, leave it as it is for now until the end of the season and then look at some proper managers.

Also proper annoying thread title 'Kewell', i assume people know but still annoying me a bit lol
  • Whats the point, leave it as it is for now until the end of the season and then look at some proper managers.

Trouble is, if the Managerial appointment can be sorted now when the takeover happens it means two things:

(1) That these Aussies are organised, and could be the reason why its not been announced yet as they'll want to takeover the club and confirm all important roles at the same time

(2) If its someone from outside the club, it gives the new Manager 7 / 8 games to assess the squad and work out what players we need going into next season... As it is we're already losing ground on rivals because Managers by now will be talking with agents finding out what players will be available come the summer etc.
  • Dazzler21 said:

VETOKELE
    VETO FUCKING KELE

Yet strangely no problem with "Belgiums"...
    That annoys me too. I just missed it because Ventokele was staring at me through all the other text.