Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry Kwell??

Comments

• Maybe the players performance has been affected by motion sickness on these long bus trips up north. Kwell's appointment will sort that out.
  • edited March 2018
    This whole takeover has been Kwell disappointing...
  • Not a fan of Kewell at all, most people I know who know him from Oz football circles report that he was a complete arsehole.

Famously never got on with Mark Viduka and many other Aussie players and would often not talk to anybody when they were in training camp.

I woudn't Kwell on that too much. He may Kwell turn out to be a kwellity appointment.

(Gets coat, ducks for cover)
  • If theres legs in this rumour it means that the Aussies are winning the race to buy the club doesnt it ? Makes Redhenrys post yesterday premature perhaps. If it is the Aussues and they appoint Kewell you would have to say it showed a spectacular limit on imagination. Aussues appoint an aussie !!!
  • If theres legs in this rumour it means that the Aussies are winning the race to buy the club doesnt it ? Makes Redhenrys post yesterday premature perhaps. If it is the Aussues and they appoint Kewell you would have to say it showed a spectacular limit on imagination. Aussues appoint an aussie !!!

If they were looking to appoint an Aussie they would be more likely to look at either ex-Palace player Tony Popovic or former national team coach Ange Postecoglou.

Popovic knows English football very well but is a 'functional football' manager whereas Postecoglou is a 'total football' man who gets his teams to play great football - although this does involve risk at the defensive end of the park.
  • If he was to become manager, he would start with a completely clean slate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can’t wait for the pre-season game against Kwelling United.

What has this Kewell fella got to do with anything? This thread is about us appointing Kwell, i for one welcome the appointment

• He spoke about having his own academy in Australia.

• Oggy Red said:

He spoke about having his own academy in Australia.

https://youtu.be/HcFd5j1cios
  • sammy391 said:

https://youtu.be/KlsIVpQp8Xg

Sounds like a great pro, always looking to learn and talks about having weaknesses covered with the strengths of others

Also talks about his friendship and coaching team with Bowyer

Sounds impressive in that interview.
  • An intelligent bloke is Harry, as you say he sounds impressive.
    I'm not sure an ex winger will be the best defensive coach.
  • edited March 2018
    If he does get the job, this is the sort of thing we can expect to hear from him...

https://www.crawleyobserver.co.uk/sport/football/kewell-s-team-will-continue-to-play-the-same-way-as-they-prepare-for-cheltenham-1-8429232

Interesting how he says that he'll continue to get Crawley to play his way (fast attacking football) and Wycombe can play theirs (who were a bit long ball) - Seeing they lost 3-2, I hope Kewell can adapt well for each game

Because if he comes in as Charlton Manager then we do need someone who is prepared to go toe to toe with the opposition and at times play long ball - We're not as small as Crawley are in League Two so not many clubs will come at us, letting us expose the space they create... Karl Robinson failed to learn that trick!!
  • sammy391 said:

Sounds like a great pro, always looking to learn and talks about having weaknesses covered with the strengths of others

Shit shirt and does not talk about making players smile. It's a no from me....
  • Not a fan of Kewell at all, most people I know who know him from Oz football circles report that he was a complete arsehole.

Famously never got on with Mark Viduka and many other Aussie players and would often not talk to anybody when they were in training camp.

That being said, maybe being an arrogant, egotistical, self-centred prick is the key to managerial success.

To be fair, you could be talking about any Australian there.
  • Sponsored links:

• It does not do to kwell on dreams and forget to live
  • sammy391 said:

Talks well there. Good watch.
  • It's ridiculous. Last year Kewell was sacked by Watford for failing with their U-23s. His first managerial post is with a tin-pot fourth-division club, playing in front of 2,000 punters and just the other day losing at home to Wycombe Wanderers.

For heaven's sake - can't we do better than that?
  • http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/16073672.Reds_toy_with_a_tactical_switch_to_flummox_rivals/

He's recently considered playing without a striker.

His assistant Warren Feeney said you need not one but two, three or four formations.

Sounds more flexible than Karl at least.
  • Not convinced Kewell would be the right appointment. If new owners have money there's more proven managers out there rather than Kewell

Who knows how Kewell would do, but let's not forget we are 9th in L1 and are not necessarily going to be attracting top managers.
  • Not convinced Kewell would be the right appointment. If new owners have money there's more proven managers out there rather than Kewell

Who knows how Kewell would do, but let's not forget we are 9th in L1 and are not necessarily going to be attracting top managers.
    Exactly

Robinson was a proven Manager same with Riga and Luzon (albeit not in England)

Curbs / Powell werent proven Managers

I'm not convinced either, though at this level I'd rather take a chance on someone that might turn out to be very good rather than someone that we know should be decent but probably nothing more.