Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ant McPartlin arrested

Comments

• Options

Very surprised at how many Any & Dec haters.

I think they're great and pretty much un-hateable, unless people just don't like successful people.

has it come out whether he had been drinking at the time, or was this a 'still in the system from the night before job'?

Who said anything about hate? I just don't find them funny or entertaining. Perhaps it is my age?

• Options
    Seems today that if you don't like something you must hate it.

I'm like you and just indifferent to a lot of things.
  • Options

We normally have this debate when a celeb hurts or kills someone due to their actions with regards drink driving and it’s an easier subject when no one is injured or lost as a result

Drink driving is wrong, whether you hurt, or kill someone, or whether you don't. I don't care if they are a celeb or not. We wouldn't be discussing it if it was Joe Public.You are driving a lethal weapon, drink driving should be punished by a jail sentence. It doesn't matter if you hit someone or not. If you get into the car drunk you are culpable. The law should be zero alcohol.

• Options
    Dec and Jan would be good for the festive period....
  • Options
    Show not on this Saturday
  • Options
    i dont think there bad, i think there good - however drink driving makes you a bellend
  • Options
    CHG said:

Show not on this Saturday

Showing repeats of Beadle's about to replace it
  • Options
    Today I have learned from this thread......
    Ant should do 5 years hard labour.
    Dec should team up with Cilla.
    And most plumbers are called Pete and get arrested for Drunk Driving.

CL the font of all Google.
  • Options

He’s not a stupid man but a stupid decision. Knows the possible consequences and still decided to jump behind the wheel. Absolutely irresponsible and unforgivable.

he was driving his Mum, you would have thought she would have said something?

Do we even know the full story? Genuine question as i haven't looked.

I find it hard to believe that his mum would get in the car if he had been boozing all day. Is it possible he'd had a few the night before, felt ok to drive the next day but was still over the limit?

Obviously it's not ok as he failed a breath test, but a lot of people (including i'm sure many on this forum including me) probably drive the day after drinking the night before. His mum might not even have known he'd been drinking?

Although as it was mid afternoon when he crashed i'd guess he must've been out on an all night bender to still be over the limit!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    His mum was doing lines of coke off of a hookers arse in the back though... allegedly. They are Geordies, so no smoke without fire!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On BBC news now.

Ant and his mum getting it of his mini. Don't know what's more smashed the mini or him. He was in a right state.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

On BBC news now.

Ant and his mum getting it of his mini. Don't know what's more smashed the mini or him. He was in a right state.

Agreed. I just saw it too. He looked totally pissed, as in 5 pints or more.
  • Options
    http://www.itv.com/news/2018-03-19/ant-mcpartlin-drink-drive-arrest-saturday-night-takeaway/

Ant McPartlin is stepping down from his current television roles for the "foreseeable future" and will head back to rehab, following his arrest on suspicion of drink driving on Sunday.
  • Options
    ... drink driving aside, I do hope the bloke gets sorted.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Very tough to tell people they can't have a pint and drive though, especially the next morning when the influence of that alcohol is all but gone.

I understand what you are saying. But if we have zero tolerance then everyone knows where they stand. The morning after is a strong debate. I know loads who drive the next morning after a session. But we will never stop it. Same as driving while on the phone or no seat belt or speeding let’s be honest most of us on here have done at least two of the above. I just don’t know what the answer is.

Driverless cars, that's the answer. In twenty years time we'll wonder what all the fuss was about.
  • Options
    That clip of him getting out of the car is not good.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Very tough to tell people they can't have a pint and drive though, especially the next morning when the influence of that alcohol is all but gone.

I understand what you are saying. But if we have zero tolerance then everyone knows where they stand. The morning after is a strong debate. I know loads who drive the next morning after a session. But we will never stop it. Same as driving while on the phone or no seat belt or speeding let’s be honest most of us on here have done at least two of the above. I just don’t know what the answer is.

Driverless cars, that's the answer. In twenty years time we'll wonder what all the fuss was about.
    Like the one operated by Uber that has Just run over and killed a woman?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

We normally have this debate when a celeb hurts or kills someone due to their actions with regards drink driving and it’s an easier subject when no one is injured or lost as a result

Drink driving is wrong, whether you hurt, or kill someone, or whether you don't. I don't care if they are a celeb or not. We wouldn't be discussing it if it was Joe Public.You are driving a lethal weapon, drink driving should be punished by a jail sentence. It doesn't matter if you hit someone or not. If you get into the car drunk you are culpable. The law should be zero alcohol.

100% right dick no one debating that

What people must do is realise that there is a difference and it is purely luck in this incident however the facts of the matter are no one has been badly injured or killed and it won’t change anyone’s life other than ant himself

For that reason I hope the man takes ownership of his problems and uses his vast wealth to get himself right because ultimately he hasn’t hurt anyone other than himself and his career

If he was my son or family member/ friend I certainly wouldn’t be so quick to condem them to a punishment that would be without the chance for redemption and reform

Especially when by pure luck he was so fortunate that he never had a lasting impact on another poor families lives

This man has demons and he needs assistance to rid them let’s hipe those demons are not bought on by the current climate of people that when young and in these circles of acting and entertainment that have been abused ( no knowledge that this is the case ) but just take a moment to wonder what can trigger the illness this man has and would that change your thought process

We don’t know his story his trigger so let’s not condem totally but rightly be critical of his choices but offer a smidgen of compassion

• Options
    Saturday Night Take Him Away
  • Options

... drink driving aside, I do hope the bloke gets sorted.

Tell him that while he was drinking in the pub before he drove home he bought Charlton. That’ll sober him up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't say I am a fan but get it why they are so popular, no vulgarity or spiteful piss taking just general modern slap stick humour. However bloke is a knob for driving pissed and deserve all that's coming his way, it could have been a lot, lot, worse.
  • Options
    Didn’t the other one have some troubles a while back as well?
  • Options
    Stig said:

I’ve got to disagree, the answer is obvious.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Stig said:

Apparently the self drive technology is safer than a regular driver.

In any case, if they're now not seen that way, ban them until they are. I have no doubt they are the futuer. Technology just needs refining.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

cfgs said:

Stig said:

Apparently the self drive technology is safer than a regular driver.

In any case, if they're now not seen that way, ban them until they are. I have no doubt they are the futuer. Technology just needs refining.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43459156
    Some way to go.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

100% right dick no one debating that

What people must do is realise that there is a difference and it is purely luck in this incident however the facts of the matter are no one has been badly injured or killed and it won’t change anyone’s life other than ant himself

For that reason I hope the man takes ownership of his problems and uses his vast wealth to get himself right because ultimately he hasn’t hurt anyone other than himself and his career

If he was my son or family member/ friend I certainly wouldn’t be so quick to condem them to a punishment that would be without the chance for redemption and reform

Especially when by pure luck he was so fortunate that he never had a lasting impact on another poor families lives

This man has demons and he needs assistance to rid them let’s hipe those demons are not bought on by the current climate of people that when young and in these circles of acting and entertainment that have been abused ( no knowledge that this is the case ) but just take a moment to wonder what can trigger the illness this man has and would that change your thought process

We don’t know his story his trigger so let’s not condem totally but rightly be critical of his choices but offer a smidgen of compassion

The guy has allegedly driven under the influence and caused an accident by dangerous driving - why exactly is he worthy of compassion? Save your compassion for someone that deserves it.

• Options
    I wonder if going to rehab immediately is just damage limitation for teh public and to try to save his career. Of course everyday people can't just go to rehab immediately, but that is another issue. I hope whatever the motivations it can help him get on top of his demons.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Didn’t the other one have some troubles a while back as well?

No.
    The only problem for Dec is being a conjoined twin with Ant, he would be charged as an accessory to drink driving.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    If he was your son would you show No compassion would it be the end of your relationship with him