Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ant McPartlin arrested

Comments

• Rizzo said:

Dec must be absolutely bricking himself now. If Ant goes down, so does Dec's career, although it seems he's already made enough money to not have to do another days 'work' in his life if he doesn't want to (or can't).

No Dec'll be fine. They could easily get someone like Holly Willoughby to present with him or the Geordie girl off Gogglebox.

Whether Dec will want to present without Ant is another matter though. He didn't do anything whilst Ant was in rehab, but might be a different story if Ant takes some long term time out.
    That's what I thought. Not sure Dec would carry on without Ant, but I reckon it will be Scarlett off Gogglebox/I'm a Celeb to keep the Geordie double act going.
  • dickplumb said:

Am I the only person who can’t stand Ant and Dec?

Your not alone, it surprises me how they are so popular
    Because the vast majority of the general public are easily manipulated by the media to like whatever is put in front of them, until they are nicked for one thing or another
    absolutely spot on.

it's not just that, a lot of people enjoy the light-heartedness and find them funny.

I don't mind them but don't go overboard but they are clearly very well liked. Not hilarious but also a lot better than a lot of presenters nowadays who get their job after 5 minutes on Towie or any other reality show.
  • Rizzo said:

Dec must be absolutely bricking himself now. If Ant goes down, so does Dec's career, although it seems he's already made enough money to not have to do another days 'work' in his life if he doesn't want to (or can't).

No Dec'll be fine. They could easily get someone like Holly Willoughby to present with him or the Geordie girl off Gogglebox.

Whether Dec will want to present without Ant is another matter though. He didn't do anything whilst Ant was in rehab, but might be a different story if Ant takes some long term time out.
    That's what I thought. Not sure Dec would carry on without Ant, but I reckon it will be Scarlett off Gogglebox/I'm a Celeb to keep the Geordie double act going.
    Reckon it will be Stephen Mulhern. Scarlett would be well out of her depth
  • Bxxxxxxxks I hope he gets sent down but he won’t because he mr nice guy. Yes he had his problems over the years haven’t we all. I’m sorry I have no sympathy for drink driving. My uncle got killed on New Year’s Eve knocked of his motorbike. I wish the government would bring in zero Alcohol for drivers. That way you know you can’t drive if you are going to have just one pint and that includes the morning after.

That's going to be incredibly difficult. I understand your point and sorry to hear of your uncle, can understand your anger.

Very tough to tell people they can't have a pint and drive though, especially the next morning when the influence of that alcohol is all but gone.
  • edited March 2018
    Cannot they just incorporate it into one of their desperate shows?

Saturday Night Jail Time... Dec in the studio jumps to Ant's cell where he is spooning on the bottom bunk with Big Al the 25 stone henchman for the Wealdstone mob, jailed for GBH with pliers and piano wire.

Entertainment in that surely?
  • Does it mean that a new person with the name of a creepy crawley has to partner Dec?
    Like 'Spider and Dec', 'Louse and Dec' or 'Daddylonglegs and Dec'?
  • Rizzo said:

Reckon it will be Stephen Mulhern. Scarlett would be well out of her depth
    she would, but that wouldn't stop her getting the gig.

• Very tough to tell people they can't have a pint and drive though, especially the next morning when the influence of that alcohol is all but gone.

I understand what you are saying. But if we have zero tolerance then everyone knows where they stand. The morning after is a strong debate. I know loads who drive the next morning after a session. But we will never stop it. Same as driving while on the phone or no seat belt or speeding let’s be honest most of us on here have done at least two of the above. I just don’t know what the answer is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very tough to tell people they can't have a pint and drive though, especially the next morning when the influence of that alcohol is all but gone.

I understand what you are saying. But if we have zero tolerance then everyone knows where they stand. The morning after is a strong debate. I know loads who drive the next morning after a session. But we will never stop it. Same as driving while on the phone or no seat belt or speeding let’s be honest most of us on here have done at least two of the above. I just don’t know what the answer is.

totally understand the zero tolerance. Won't stop people who want to drive though, whether they have had 1 pint or 6 pints. People are fully aware they can't go on a bender and then drive but still do it. Definitely wouldn't be stopped from driving after 1/2 quick pints.

Next morning is a tough one. A mate of mine recently drunk about 40 units and went to bed around 4am. Got up to drive home at 7am and would still have been miles over the limit. Of course he was a complete prat but where do you draw the line on this? I get the point but people are not going to stop having a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and then not driving to work the next morning.

Agreed it's something which needs to be cut out and the answer isn't obvious.
  • i use an app on my phone, you input what you've had an it tells you how many hours until your fine to drive admittedly its usually around the 72 hours mark but then that's what following Charlton does to you.
  • Dave2l said:

Wayne Rooney caused a drink and driving offence not too long ago.

F*ck sake just get a cab.

No one is above the law. The Rich and famous seem to have an extremely high ratio of drink driving offences. Complete idiot's ...you hear about it all the time.

If Ants mental health problem was so severe then he wouldn't currently be working the Saturday nights. If he just found himself in a really bad place then that's another thing.

You don't cause danger to others though!

Ant and Dec appear to be a good genuine couple of blokes that have done a lot of British television.

Time for them to politely f*ck off now

Yes but you only hear about it because they are rich and famous.

Not much point in the Sun reporting that Pete the plumber from Welling was nicked driving home from the William Camden on a tuesday night.

I'm sure the proportion of famous people caught drink driving is less than joe public.
    For balance can I just say that;
    Darron Gibson, Wayne Rooney, Ant McPartlin and Pete the Plumber from Welling have all been stupid.
    Only one of the above can't afford a taxi to work.
    Answers on a postcard to
    London 4 AA meeting.
    Well, it wouldn't be Pete The Plumber who couldn't afford a Uber! I know three plumbers: one drives a Porsche; one has homes in both Kent and France and the other uses a Private Bank.
  • cafcfan said:

Dave2l said:

No one is above the law. The Rich and famous seem to have an extremely high ratio of drink driving offences. Complete idiot's ...you hear about it all the time.

If Ants mental health problem was so severe then he wouldn't currently be working the Saturday nights. If he just found himself in a really bad place then that's another thing.

Ant and Dec appear to be a good genuine couple of blokes that have done a lot of British television.

Yes but you only hear about it because they are rich and famous.

Not much point in the Sun reporting that Pete the plumber from Welling was nicked driving home from the William Camden on a tuesday night.

I'm sure the proportion of famous people caught drink driving is less than joe public.
    For balance can I just say that;
    Darron Gibson, Wayne Rooney, Ant McPartlin and Pete the Plumber from Welling have all been stupid.
    Only one of the above can't afford a taxi to work.
    Answers on a postcard to
    London 4 AA meeting.
    Well, it wouldn't be Pete The Plumber who couldn't afford a Uber! I know three plumbers: one drives a Porsche; one has homes in both Kent and France and the other uses a Private Bank.
    I know a couple of plumbers but one lives in Eltham and the other one lives in Gravesend and both drive van
  • Cant stand the pair of them ...
    especially their carefully rehearsed ad libs ...
  • Cant stand the pair of them ...
    especially their carefully rehearsed ad libs ...

What ibborgs plumber mates?
  • Very surprised at how many Any & Dec haters.

I think they're great and pretty much un-hateable, unless people just don't like successful people.

has it come out whether he had been drinking at the time, or was this a 'still in the system from the night before job'?

I think they're great and pretty much un-hateable, unless people just don't like successful people.

has it come out whether he had been drinking at the time, or was this a 'still in the system from the night before job'?

If it had been the night before I'm pretty sure it would have come out before now. Of course I'm somewhat older than him but in my case it's about an hour before the drink starts coming out of me.
  • Dont mind them myself either.

However this happened at 4pm so must have been quite some session to still be over the limit then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:

or he could just be hiding behind the tears of a clown.

I'm not saying he is, just that being on Saturday night tv smiling away doesn't mean he isn't a complete fucking wreck
    You're right there
  • If he's guilty of drink driving then I hope he's punished the same as everyone else and doesn't escape punishment because he's a celeb. I'm assuming this will be his first offence?

He's not a kid and like Darren Gibson needs to take responsibility for his actions.

• Wonder if he'll be one of the news story questions on the "win the ads" quiz?
  • i use an app on my phone, you input what you've had an it tells you how many hours until your fine to drive admittedly its usually around the 72 hours mark but then that's what following Charlton does to you.

Whats it called,PH?

Whats it called,PH?
    Alcohol takes a lot longer to clear the system than most people realise.

Hate is a bit strong, but I find their constant over the top chirpyness really irritating.
  • We normally have this debate when a celeb hurts or kills someone due to their actions with regards drink driving and it’s an easier subject when no one is injured or lost as a result

• I reckon he could end up in the slammer seeing a child was hospitalised.