Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Johnnie Jackson announces his retirement

Felt this deserved its own thread.

Thanks Skipper

Comments

• Options
    Why flag opening post?
  • Options
    Proper Legend, deserves to be Charlton manager one day.

There's only one no #4

Thanks Johnnie.
  • Options
    "really kick on and become the coach I want to be, I’ve got to fully immerse myself into it."

He's sounding like Robinson already.
  • Options
    Proper Charlton man, deserves a really good send off. Hopefully a future manager .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Captain fantastic.
    I guess his legs have gone and he feels that he can't do the hard yards anymore. The one redeeming light in the darkness of the Duchatelet era. The conduit to the fans who tried to stop the club from imploding amidst the rancour and venom in the valley air.
    Good longevity JJ for the 242 games and 51 goals for Cafc and a career of 446 games and 70 goals from 1999-2018.
    Thanks for the memories,
    Captain fantastic.
  • Options
    Hope he gets a decent crowd for his final game and the players put a shift in.
  • Options
    Big thanks for all his efforts - in another era, he would have enjoyed some real success, but under this regime, he was just another player swimming against the current.
    Echo the idea that the club suddenly decide easter monday would be the ideal game to give him a send off, but if they want to invite m. duchatalet over to present him with an award, that might be exciting :-)
  • Options
    don't forget he also bought the whole train beers after the Exeter game
  • Options
    Sad to see the end of his playing career, but hope he sticks around the club to develop as a coach - manager change or not.

Thanks skipper!
  • Options
    Great Captain & seems to be a great bloke, surely has to be involved 1 way or another come the new ownership, might be he has already had a conversation or 2 and this is a way of getting the fans even more on his side - just saying :)
  • Options
    Good luck to JJ and thanks for all you've done for the Club.

On a more sobering note, this means, I believe, that of the 31 players who appeared for us in the season that Roland took over, only Solly and KAG will still be at the Club next season. And that makes the assumption that the former isn't forced to retire through injury and the latter, who is currently on loan, isn't sold.

Such are the times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Proper Charlton man. Right up there with Kinsella as a club captain in my lifetime. Genuine Charlton legend.
  • Options
    Absolute legend. Charlton should retire the number 4 shirt in his honour.
  • Options
    Not surprised. His legs have gone.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Pretty sure he confirmed his retirement months ago.

Really hope he is given the big send off he deserves in his final game at The Valley.

I'm still clinging to the vision of him lifting the play off trophy in May as his final act.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Good man, Good player, Hopefully a good coach/manager in future.

Been with us 8 years and I hope he's with us another 8 years in a coaching capacity, however the statement reads that he'll soon be on his way for me.

Since Parkinson signed him he has played for 12 managers at Charlton. *Including Parky. ** Also including caretaker managers Peacock, Matthew & Nugent.
  • Options

cafctom said:

Pretty sure he confirmed his retirement months ago.

Really hope he is given the big send off he deserves in his final game at The Valley.

I'm still clinging to the vision of him lifting the play off trophy in May as his final act.
    Actually pretty heartbreaking to think that is highly unlikely to be happening.
  • Options
    It's time. Sad because he's been a great player and character for us through some very bad times (as well as the good ones), but he's clearly not the player he was and best to bow out while the good memories are still fresh.
  • Options

I put this on the other thread, but thought I'd add it here too

'worth going to the Blackburn game just to watch him lead us out one more time and give him the ovation he deserves.

right up there in my book as one of our greatest servants'

my thoughts entirely, he deserves it