Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Fleetwood | Sat 17 Mar | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Team I'd like us to play, not expecting it all.

Amos

Konsa Bauer Lennon Sarr

Marshall Dijksteel JFC Fosu

Mag Ajose

On KR's comments on Ajose lack of impact, has he played in his preferred position once for him? Either played out wide or in the number 10 role. Play him as a striker with a target man - he may or may not have an impact but nothing else is working. I find it hard to believe he's unfitet than a striker who has not played for 2 years (who after being touted as a no 9 we are now told is more of a midfielder than a striker).
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Fuck me we just keeeeeep playing games.

Thanks for the predictions FA, always quality and always appreciated.

Hear hear

• Options
    Reeco starts in a front two and we win 5 - 0

• Options
    Hoping to get the sack with a payout then on to suckers pastures new with a bulge in his wallet.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    0-7. Support the team not the regime. WIWALB to offer a 16 year old out for fight in the car park before the game.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Charlton boss Karl Robinson explains difficulty in changing 4-2-3-1 formation

Charlton boss Karl Robinson says he can’t start with two strikers because they are not fit enough.

Addicks fans have been pleading with Robinson to change his preferred 4-2-3-1 formation.

Michal Zyro and Nicky Ajose have been starved of first-team football this season, leaving the Liverpudlian with Josh Magennis as his only viable number nine option.

He stuck to his 4-2-3-1 line-up in the defeat to Blackpool on Tuesday evening, the club’s third reverse in a row.

Robinson said: “People talk about playing two up front, but we don't really have two strikers fit enough to start. Zyro is more of a winger than a striker.

“You’d love to change it to chase a game with ten or 15 minutes to go, but people will say ‘bring Nicky on’ but we’ve brought Nicky on and not much has changed. He still needs to get fit.

“He’s barely played any football this season. Tactically, I very rarely get many things wrong in relation to that.

Jake Bacon @JakeTBacon
    Sports Reporter

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/928784787?-11197:833

As for forecast, I cannot be bothered, which is unlike me, I will probably do the match day thread, but I am really losing interest for this season

ross1 keep doing the match day thread please, those are the highlight of this season.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Charlton 6 Fleetwood 5

11 goal thriller, Reeves to score all 6, Lennon for all theirs. Robinson to claim Reeves has finally come good and that we again for the second time this season finally, have our Charlton back.
  • Options
    How deep can my apathy get before Roland buggers off or Gobinson shuts the f@*k up?

• Options
    With five centre backs and no full backs available, it should be crying out for a change to 3-5-2 or 3-5-1-1.

The odds on this happening are probably greater than a Nicky Ajose hat-trick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Team I'd like us to play, not expecting it all.

Amos

Konsa Bauer Lennon Sarr

Marshall Dijksteel JFC Fosu

Mag Ajose

On KR's comments on Ajose lack of impact, has he played in his preferred position once for him? Either played out wide or in the number 10 role. Play him as a striker with a target man - he may or may not have an impact but nothing else is working. I find it hard to believe he's unfitet than a striker who has not played for 2 years (who after being touted as a no 9 we are now told is more of a midfielder than a striker).

This or 352 for me, chance of it happening? 0.0000000000001% open your eyes Robbo
  • Options
    I have seen my last first team game, this season. I will be watching the U23s, U18s and Welling United for the rest of the Season. Also next season, if RD is still here. Season ticket has been chucked in the green paper recycling bin.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Amos

Konsa. Pearce Bauer

Dyksteele JFC. Reeves. Fosu Lennon

Zyro. Ajose

Not that it matters if players are not putting in 100%. But after losing so many games I would be picking two strikers and packing midfield.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I have seen my last first team game, this season. I will be watching the U23s, U18s and Welling United for the rest of the Season. Also next season, if RD is still here. Season ticket has been chucked in the green paper recycling bin.

You know its bad when the diehard supporters are now boycotting. Enjoy the time off :P love your updates for the youngsters so glad you are still going to them games.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Not going - couldn’t care less what the score is to be honest which is a horrible feeling .
    We’ll lose 3-1

I’m going to watch Biggleswade Town away to Tiverton ( Southern Premier League) , in Devon - instead.

Very sad if true. Fans deserting the club in droves. We may never recover from that, because even with new owners, if you've lost your love for the club it may never come back. And what to say new owners with turn things around, even with some cash and a new manager. I suspect fans don't have the patience for the long haul, not like they used to anyway, so let's hope for a rapid improvement in the (any) new era.
    Charlton is the club I love and always will so I will be back . I’m not boycotting but I just don’t want to put me and my sons in miserable situations. You wouldn’t in any other walk of like if you could help it.
    At the moment I’m fed up with takeover nonsense ( I’m convinced he doesn’t want to sell ) and the fact that we have a team with supposedly quality players but a manager who cannot get them to perform.
    @RedChaser summed it up pretty well.
    My youngest son doesn't want to go on Saturday. He said 'How come was always play really badly and lose when I go?'. You can only say 'it's character building so many times'.
    He's missed three wins and two draws on the road, so hoping he'll come to an away game soon. Actually.... may not be such a good idea at the moment.

Any chance of building a siege mentality at The Valley?
    Seems unlikely.

2-1
    Spin him this one after the inevitable loss on Saturday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtaCF0A5wWw
  • Options

dickplumb said:

You know its bad when the diehard supporters are now boycotting. Enjoy the time off :P love your updates for the youngsters so glad you are still going to them games.
    I really hate feeling this way about a Club I have supported for 56 years. Thanks for your comments about the youngsters. I still get much enjoyment from watching future Charlton players. These players are properly coached by Euell, Baltacha and Avory. Coaches that have been at Charlton for a long time and know what they are doing. Pity the same can't be said for the first team Manager.

• Options
    Probably going to go. Expect us to help Fleetwood survive, so expecting 1-1 or 0-1. No idea on formation, expectations at rock bottom.

IIRC Fleetwood are a team who try to play football, so might have an OK game even if the result won't go our way. I'm certainly done with any games against northern lump-kickers as I get no enjoyment out of them
  • Options
    0-1, early away goal and we won't have the skill or talent to get back in the game...
  • Options
    I really can't see us winning at the moment, away win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:

I really can't see us winning at the moment, away win.

I am thinking on backing us heavily due to the reaction on here, whenever we expect to lose. 6-0 Charlton :smiley:
  • Options
    Think we may win this one, but it won't fool anyone. I hope.

Golfie is right, it's a drug. Anyone know a good rehab clinic?

2-0 Charlton false dawn again
  • Options
    If the weather forecast I’ve just seen is accurate then we won’t have a game to watch.
  • Options
    The writing’s been on the wall for ages. We’re not going up, the manager’s not motivated, the players aren’t motivated, the fans aren’t motivated. This has got another defeat written all over it
  • Options
    Big away loss.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Charlton boss Karl Robinson explains difficulty in changing 4-2-3-1 formation

Charlton boss Karl Robinson says he can’t start with two strikers because they are not fit enough.

Addicks fans have been pleading with Robinson to change his preferred 4-2-3-1 formation.

Michal Zyro and Nicky Ajose have been starved of first-team football this season, leaving the Liverpudlian with Josh Magennis as his only viable number nine option.

He stuck to his 4-2-3-1 line-up in the defeat to Blackpool on Tuesday evening, the club’s third reverse in a row.

Robinson said: “People talk about playing two up front, but we don't really have two strikers fit enough to start. Zyro is more of a winger than a striker.

“You’d love to change it to chase a game with ten or 15 minutes to go, but people will say ‘bring Nicky on’ but we’ve brought Nicky on and not much has changed. He still needs to get fit.

“He’s barely played any football this season. Tactically, I very rarely get many things wrong in relation to that.

Jake Bacon @JakeTBacon
    Sports Reporter

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/928784787?-11197:833

As for forecast, I cannot be bothered, which is unlike me, I will probably do the match day thread, but I am really losing interest for this season

Did he really say he rarely gets it tactically wrong? Is he for real? Saying that Zyro is more of a winger isn't a good thing, he knew we needed an out and out striker in Jan FFS.
  • Options
    KR won’t drop Magennis and we won’t win games until he does.
  • Options
    Manager John Sheridan has steadied the ship since he took over, securing two draws from his two matches after a run of eight defeats in all competitions.

Guarantee they will win
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Manager John Sheridan has steadied the ship since he took over, securing two draws from his two matches after a run of eight defeats in all competitions.

Guarantee they will win

Whatever happens tomorrow, we'll always have St Andrews 1987 :smile:

• Options

Me & Golfie Jnr will be there. I understand why some fans boycott & why some fans have just had enough, but to us its like a drug. You've got to get your fix & saturday afternoon we're off to see our dealer. Yes we know he's now selling us very dodgy gear and probably mixed it with all sorts of rubish but we are hooked. This time though it will be different - he's told us so & assured us that it is the best gear around......

2-1 & the season starts here.

Golfie's nicked my rose tinted specs