Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wildcards for the England football team.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    He's also said that he knows his starting XI for the team at the World Cup.

To me that says it'll be the usual names going to Russia, I'd actually be surprised if Pope got game time this break
  • Options

He's also said that he knows his starting XI for the team at the World Cup.

To me that says it'll be the usual names going to Russia, I'd actually be surprised if Pope got game time this break

The 11 players that played the most minutes in the qualifiers:

Hart

Walker
    Stones
    Cahill
    Bertrand

Dier
    Henderson

Rashford
    Alli
    Sterling

Kane

That was before Southgate switched to the 3 at the back in the last couple of friendlies.

Hart has been in woeful form, Cahill isn't even in this squad, and Stones hasn't been playing for Man City much lately.

Since then Maguire and Gomez have come into Southgate's thinking, and Ashley Young has made a surprise return to the squad. I think the front 3/4 of the squad has picked itself (Kane, Alli, Sterling/Rashford). It is the defence that will be the surprise imo.
  • Options

I know it’s the Spurs/Arsenal rivalry talking, but this is a bollock ache. He’s got the natural ability to be the best creative midfielder and closest player to the continent that we’ve had for years. Wilshere even comes across as a complete dick but as an England fan it’s frustrating to watch.

Can’t disagree with that. We desperately lack a creative deep-lying midfielder and he's the only one that fits the bill.
    We are crying out for a player like Eriksen, KDB, someone who can pass with both feet and pass it forwards and not sideways.

Tbh, I had high hopes for Harry Winks at the start of this season to break into the side but injuries and Dembele's return to form and fitness has killed his hopes off for now.

• Options
    Sancho has just put Dortmund 1-0 up against Bayer Leverkusen.