Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stephen Hawking RIP

13»

Comments

• What. A. Life.

A man to be proud of, and be inspired by.

RIP
  • What a life. What a man. RIP.
  • Bizarrely I started watching the Theory of Everything last night with Eddie Redmayne without even knowing what it was about. I got tired, went to bed after recorfing it, and woke up this morning to the sad news that Stephen Hawking had passed on.
    Given he was given two years to live while in his twenties he did incredimly well simply on longetivity. Then there is his incredible mind to factor in. A sad loss, but a life well lived.
    RIP
  • Chizz said:
    "However, if we discover a complete theory, it should in time be understandable by everyone, not just by a few scientists. Then we shall all, philosophers, scientists and just ordinary people, be able to take part in the discussion of the question of why it is that we and the universe exist. If we find the answer to that, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason -- for then we should know the mind of God."

A Brief History of Time

RIP Stephen Hawking
  • This is very sad, a very inspiring man. Rest in peace professor Steven Hawking
  • While all the good wishes I'm sure are sincere Prof H would have been tickled by the very notion of resting in peace, given his unapologetic atheism, (or science).
  • RIP Stephen
  • Professor Hawking once carried out an "experiment" to prove that time travel is not possible by hosting a party for... time travellers.
    The professor's point was proven when nobody turned up.
    He said after hosting: "I have experimental evidence that time travel is not possible.
    "I gave a party for time-travellers, but I didn't send out the invitations until after the party.
    "I sat there a long time, but no one came."

During ITV's Pride of Britain Awards in 2016, Professor Hawking told Theresa May: "I deal in tough mathematical questions every day, but please don't ask me to help with Brexit."

Last Week Tonight host John Oliver sat down with Prof Hawking for an interview in 2014.
    John Oliver asked: "You've stated that there could be an infinite number of parallel universes.
    "Does that mean there's a universe out there where I am smarter than you?"
    Prof Hawking replied: "Yes. And also a universe where you're funny."

Brilliant. He had a great sense of humour.
  • Sponsored links:

• While all the good wishes I'm sure are sincere Prof H would have been tickled by the very notion of resting in peace, given his unapologetic atheism, (or science).

Maybe no more tickling than for a believer if they imagine that they are really going to mumbojumboland.
  • Rest in peace. Is a word used by all, including Atheists. When we die, pain will be over. Life will be over. No more, The end.

As Ricky Gervais said to a God squad person who wondered how Atheists had the will to get up in the morning.
    "Atheists have nothing to die for but everything to live for."