Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool v Charlton 13/3/2018 post-match views

Comments

• At least Karel Fraeye had more than 1 formation in his pocket, unlike Robinson

Yeah the 3-1-6 Fraeye tried at least has two up front!
  • Season over...hopefully new owner will have seen enough and realise what they need to do.
  • I sat and watched TV all evening and didn't bother checking how the game was going or gone until 10:15 pm. That's a first for me and I can't say I am even much bothered about them losing. My wife is proud of me.
  • Can't wait for Saturday so I can boo VERY loudly. Just wished I sat in the West Stand so I could really give KR a mouthful.

1 win in 7. 1 goal in 3 games. 3 defeats on the spin. That is utter dog turd. Not only are we losing games we are not even threatening to score. As I said after Saturday, the new club initiative should be to pick a fan from the stands every week & they get to pick the side & give the team talk. I reckon they would do a better job than this clown we have. Probably worse manager in CAFC history - Karyle Fraye was foreign & had no knowledge of League football and still did a better job.

2 strikers in the team & he still plays 1 up front. I'm seething. 3 weeks ago we won at MK & went 6th - we are now 5 points of 6th and come Easter I reckon we'll be bottom half.

Next season we once again have the Checkatrade Trophy to look forward to as well as losing to Concord Rangers in the first round of the FA cup in the first week of November.

As they say about Brexit - No manager is better than a bad manager. If KR had any decency he'd stay up in the North West &not show his face ever again in SE7.

No matter how bad we are i cant boo id rather walk out than boo.
  • Is anyone on here still backing Robinson ?

I wouldn't want to see the manager sacked.
    Do you still think he’ll turn it around ?
    He might well do. The problem is, everytime we get a manager, eventually he ends up being "the worst manager we've ever had" or being "tactically limited". If you actually examined Charlton Life since its inception, you'd find that every manager we've ever had is terrible.

We are under-achieving this season, but the instant "just sack him" comments we get on here are so moronic and lacking any intellect.
    Underachieved last season under him too. Finished lower than we were when we sacked Slade. Since then he's been given 2 transfer windows and guess what, we're still underperforming.

• Sponsored links:

• I only really get to the northern away games as I live in Manchester now, and that was easily the worst I've seen us play (excepting maybe Bury at home last year - but at least for that one I got the train down with my mates and we all got pissed). I feel for all those who travelled from the wonderful South London. Especially since I'm guessing most of you made that trip twice.

I feared my car park ticket was going to expire what with all the first half injury time so shot off at the final whistle (not that there was much to applaud at the end anyway) - did the players come over to clap or did they scurry away?
  • Said it at the time. Murray's updates have only been to quieten the protests only telling us what we wanted to hear.

For fuck sake the club's on it's arse and we're on course to finish below Gillingham to complete another humiliating season.

Seriously the only thing we've not done yet is lose to Accrington Stanley - give that a year too and it might happen!

Protests need to resume until we see the takeover announced on the website. RD and RM have played us all for fools.
  • Two very good posts on here from @Exiled_Addick who, like me, seems to recognise that we call for the head of managers every 6 months for the exact same reason as the preceding manager.
  • Last 7 games 5 points GD of -6

Last 18 games 17 points GD of -10

10% 3rd-6th .......75% 7th-12th ........15% 13th-20th

100% Roland OUT
  • Back to the curry thread.....
  • Is anyone on here still backing Robinson ?

He might well do. The problem is, everytime we get a manager, eventually he ends up being "the worst manager we've ever had" or being "tactically limited". If you actually examined Charlton Life since its inception, you'd find that every manager we've ever had is terrible.

We are under-achieving this season, but the instant "just sack him" comments we get on here are so moronic and lacking any intellect.
    He absolutely won't turn it around because he keeps going into games with tactics and formations that don't work for the squad that he's built.

Unless Spurs are willing to loan us Dele Alli and Bournemouth are willing to loan us Benik Afobe next season, we will have the same result again next year, and the year after. Because he'll still be playing to the same game plan.

There are a number of very good reasons for getting rid at this point. It's no longer a knee jerk reaction to a bad month.
    Same as Slade, Riga, Peeters, Powell, Parkinson, Pardew....

zzz
  • SDAddick said:

I'm gonna go check Trump's Twitter feed just to take the edge off.

To remind you my rant from ages ago, no need to check the twatt's twits, they will chase and violate you and me, thanks to compliant sheepish main stream media.
    No escape...
  • I would just love it if we could get a 100% boycott on Saturday. (Not Seb of course)

Sadly it will never happen
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018

Is anyone on here still backing Robinson ?

He absolutely won't turn it around because he keeps going into games with tactics and formations that don't work for the squad that he's built.

Unless Spurs are willing to loan us Dele Alli and Bournemouth are willing to loan us Benik Afobe next season, we will have the same result again next year, and the year after. Because he'll still be playing to the same game plan.

There are a number of very good reasons for getting rid at this point. It's no longer a knee jerk reaction to a bad month.
    Same as Slade, Riga, Peeters, Powell, Parkinson, Pardew....

zzz
    I was personally quite supportive of most of the managers above: Slade and Pardew are the exceptions on that list from memory. Slade for similar reasons to KR, Pardew because well... he's Pardew.

Those guys that I supported tried different things. They knew the strengths and weaknesses of their squads and tried to adjust accordingly. I was genuinely confident that they could do a good job with proper backing (Parky, Powell, Riga...).

Robinson just doesn't inspire me with that same confidence. He sets up with his preferred formation and shoehorns players in around it like he's playing FIFA online.
  • Two very good posts on here from @Exiled_Addick who, like me, seems to recognise that we call for the head of managers every 6 months for the exact same reason as the preceding manager.

Cant believe I agree with you but I don't see the point in sacking him either. I couldn't give a shit about Robinson, never have. There is only one aim to stop this club dying on it arse and that's been the case for the last 2 years. Serious damage is being done right now and people need to wake up. 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, win, lose it's all irrelevant. Our club has been taken away. Get Roland Out FFS.
  • Formation wise it looked like he changed it to 4-3-3 second half. Fosu much further up (higher than Josh on several occasions). We were just still terrible.
  • I can honestly say that the only manager I've ever really wanted to get the sack is Karel Fraeye. I thought his appointment was an insult to the club.
  • Nug said:

Two very good posts on here from @Exiled_Addick who, like me, seems to recognise that we call for the head of managers every 6 months for the exact same reason as the preceding manager.

Cant believe I agree with you but I don't see the point in sacking him either. I couldn't give a shit about Robinson, never have. There is only one aim to stop this club dying on it arse and that's been the case for the last 2 years. Serious damage is being done right now and people need to wake up. 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, win, lose it's all irrelevant. Our club has been taken away. Get Roland Out FFS.
    I think everyone knows Roland is the biggest issue with the club but that doesn't mean we can't point out other areas that we need drastic improvement in alongside that?
  • Nug said:

Two very good posts on here from @Exiled_Addick who, like me, seems to recognise that we call for the head of managers every 6 months for the exact same reason as the preceding manager.

I think everyone knows Roland is the biggest issue with the club but that doesn't mean we can't point out other areas that we need drastic improvement in alongside that?
    Deck chairs and Titanic come to mind.
  • I’ve seen better.