Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool v Charlton 13/3/2018 post-match views

Comments

• In the match thread someone posted that we are "a steaming pile of dog shite"

For me the post of the day by a long shot.

Talking of long shots did we actually have any?
  • Another defeat, think that is 1 win out of the last seven. We are only going one direction, should be safe from relegation though, 13 point cushion down to Fleetwood.
  • edited March 2018

I had high hopes at the start of the season, but this season is fast turning into a run away train going in the wrong direction towards a collapsed bridge. There was an uptick in form ending last season and beginning this but, overall, despite numerous transfers (albeit on a tight budget) and a lot of opportunity for coaching, we're playing no better now than we were under Robinson a year ago, and we were shite a year ago.

It's got the feeling of the Pardew era again. Form spiraling out of control and seemingly nothing coming from the manager in terms of smart tactical adjustments or coaching improvements, just increasingly thin looking excuses. The only difference is Robinson still feels to me like a fairly genuine decent bloke, which I never felt about Pardew.

I can't bring myself to call for his head though. He's the only one who has been trying to give this club any direction over the last few months. If he leaves, goodness knows who or what Roland will put in charge given his current level of complete disinterest. I don't know if he could do worse than Fraeye, but I don't want to find out. And I certainly don't want someone like Jacko over exposed to this shit just yet.

A good point.

In an ideal world he'd be gone. But I don't think Bowyer or Jackson are anywhere near being ready for the job, and this is the worst possible first job in management at the worst time (for Euell as well).
  • Another late goal conceded. Really poor that it keeps happening time and time again
  • Macronate said:

We have to be pleased with the amount of corners we successfully defended.

Agreed.

• Forgot we were playing that's how interested it's become, only found out when the result came up on sky about 21.50 when i tuned in to catch up on the nights events. Assumed it would be a late goal when i looked further. No surprise really.
  • Trying to see if I can get some overtime for Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Following the live commentary on BBC from work and it sounded all Blackpool. If we had any real opportunity to make the top 6 we needed to win tonight.

Seasons a write off for me. I imagine KR will probably be sacked on the day off the takeover. We haven’t been good enough and we are rightfully outside the play offs.

Awful lot of rubbish in that squad who I would have no problem with them leaving the club. Overall, a predictable ending to Roland’s final year at Charlton.
  • Copied from match thread.

Just wasted a entire night watching this shit on the stream. 15 corners to our 1 tells the story.

Gutless yet again.

Zyro should be getting his giro after that first half header over the bar.

All in all a typical tepid performance to bring the curtain down on yet another shit show of a season.

Oh well.

Feel for the fans that traveled.
  • Turned down a big family dinner today as had already committed to go to Rochdale.

Tempted to change my mind

No, but we did win a corner.
  • For me the Roland thing is now a side show that is allowing Robinson to get away with the same shit every week.
    Yes I want him to sell the club and for us to start rebuilding but Robinson has been the man who has been at the helm since December and master minded this run of form over the last 20 games.
    He was the one who talked about proving a point and players can go off on holiday if they don't think we can go up and he then he is in charge of a game like that. That's enough excuses, time to hold your hands up say the players and you can't work together anymore and get out the club. I feel for those fans who went today!
  • I had high hopes at the start of the season, but this season is fast turning into a run away train going in the wrong direction towards a collapsed bridge. There was an uptick in form ending last season and beginning this but, overall, despite numerous transfers (albeit on a tight budget) and a lot of opportunity for coaching, we're playing no better now than we were under Robinson a year ago, and we were shite a year ago.

It's got the feeling of the Pardew era again. Form spiraling out of control and seemingly nothing coming from the manager in terms of smart tactical adjustments or coaching improvements, just increasingly thin looking excuses. The only difference is Robinson still feels to me like a fairly genuine decent bloke, which I never felt about Pardew.

I can't bring myself to call for his head though. He's the only one who has been trying to give this club any direction over the last few months. If he leaves, goodness knows who or what Roland will put in charge given his current level of complete disinterest. I don't know if he could do worse than Fraeye, but I don't want to find out. And I certainly don't want someone like Jacko over exposed to this shit just yet.

KR has been an utter waste of space and on top of that talks utter bollocks. It's not actually possible for the team to get any worse or for anyone to do a worse job.

It would cheer up a lot of fans if he went - I'm sure the players can manage quite happily without him.

• Oh dear.

The only thing keeping KR in the job now is the lack of anyone in a position to actually sack him, and indeed the question of who would then pay him compensation! Roland won't sack him, as he'd have to cough up himself...

It is entirely feasible that he could sack himself.
  • Is anyone on here still backing Robinson ?
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

Oh dear.

The only thing keeping KR in the job now is the lack of anyone in a position to actually sack him, and indeed the question of who would then pay him compensation! Roland won't sack him, as he'd have to cough up himself...

It is entirely feasible that he could sack himself.
    I doubt he could even manage that....
  • I had high hopes at the start of the season, but this season is fast turning into a run away train going in the wrong direction towards a collapsed bridge. There was an uptick in form ending last season and beginning this but, overall, despite numerous transfers (albeit on a tight budget) and a lot of opportunity for coaching, we're playing no better now than we were under Robinson a year ago, and we were shite a year ago.

KR has been an utter waste of space and on top of that talks utter bollocks. It's not actually possible for the team to get any worse or for anyone to do a worse job.

It would cheer up a lot of fans if he went - I'm sure the players can manage quite happily without him.

I've heard that before Hoof, and it has, demonstrably, got worse.
  • Macronate said:

We have to be pleased with the amount of corners we successfully defended conceded.

There, fixed it for you.

Only if it was in to a corner, and I was carrying a big stick...

That was your post of the day, was it?
  • cabbles said:

Back on the coach

This whole sorry episode started at about 6am for me on the 27th January and is due to finish about 4am on March 14th.

I cannot stress how seething I am. Two days off work when I am anxious about what’s going on at work and the job has been very stressful, only to come up to Blackpool and witness that carcas of a football match

To compare, I feel like I’ve been put on one of those medieval torture racks and been stretched out over a 6 week period. I wish this whole game would’ve been done and dusted on the 27th January

The whole club can just fuck off. Players, management, owners......

I’m a broken man

Never mind mate, at least you got a free coach trip up there.

James seed
  • Cue all the Man Utd fans phoning in to radio shows tonight wailing their club is in crisis etc etc. Makes you sick, although at least tonight Man Utd have cheered me up a little.