Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

More deaths of horses at Cheltenham Racecourse. Please sign a petition.

123457»

Comments

• Options

Think it’s time that this sinks away from the top of the forum.

Respect the right for people to raise these concerns despite the fact it’s for most of us a nagging irritant that annually accompanies what should be a festival of sporting enjoyment. It’s a bit like someone whispering in your ear the symptoms of gonorrhoea whilst you are on the job.

Despite this, I think everyone has contributed in a respectful way but I can’t see what more can be achieved on this thread and the likelihood is it will just go round in circles.

Entirely agree AFKA. Now, let's talk about rodeos .......

• Options

Some Plan RIP

Some Plan has been put down, following a fall in the same race as Dresden and North Hill Harvey.
    One race, three DEAD.

The 'governing' body the BHA, is to carry out a review after six horse deaths at this year's festival.

"We will also be examining whether the existing penalties for misuse of the whip, and how they apply, constitute an adequate deterrent to jockeys.

"We continue to use research, safety measures, regulation and education to reduce fatality rates to as close to zero as possible."

The BHA website doesn't have a LOL button.

https://bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/43438392

Organised abuse.

They're carrying out a review into animal welfare and you take the piss?!

Erm, I've lost my patience now and won't say anything further. Fuck sake.