Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Gomez Worth £50m

13»

Comments

• how come he didn't start yesterday

Not sure if he was rested or injured, but they didn’t need him in the end.

Not sure if he was rested or injured, but they didn’t need him in the end.
    Rested (or at least supposed to be) until Van Dijk got injured and he had to come on.
  • how many games did Rufus play in the Prem ? in a basic side against the best.He ALREADY was "at that level" and stayed there for a good few seasons

I meant playing for a big club like Liverpool and playing for England.
  • Just out of interest I know Joe only played 13 games for us, and I thought at the time we’ve got a proper player on our hands here, he seemed to be on a hover board, and just glided over the turf.

How do you think he compares against Paul Elliott or Richard Rufus at the same age?

Pretty sure he played more than 13 games for us
  • 21 championship, 2 League Cup & 1 FA Cup
  • Just out of interest I know Joe only played 13 games for us, and I thought at the time we’ve got a proper player on our hands here, he seemed to be on a hover board, and just glided over the turf.

How do you think he compares against Paul Elliott or Richard Rufus at the same age?

Pretty sure he played more than 13 games for us
    That I saw :smile:

Probably because he played Tuesday night against PSG
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d imagine he was rested yesterday. When you are playing Southampton at home you can have that luxury and give squad players like Matip a game. As it was he played the second half anyway.
  • He was definitely rested, they didn’t have Milner or Keita starting either. Milner has been incredible this season. I am sure next weekend against Chelsea, Klopp will revert back to the team he has been playing and Gomez will come back in.

I think Klopp made changes because of the champions league and that they have a bigger and better squad. I also think he was looking at getting a few players some minutes in for the cup game in midweek. No doubt Matip, Shaqiri and Sturridge will start, but they won’t next weekend.
  • I’d go as far to say he’s the best young player I’ve ever seen at Charlton.

This for me.
    Metoo
  • Without doubt... at 17 he was head and shoulders best player on park most weeks..

Good luck and hope he achieves greatness

This for me.
    Metoo
    Likewise.

This for me.
    Yes, agree with that.

Thinking of Mike Bailey but he was already 21 when i saw him and was so long ago. Better than Scott Parker and probably better than Lee Bower.
  • Good experience shown from Joe to get the 160 to training, took the 124 to a ground right near there once and questioned if I was still in the country.
  • Sponsored links:

• slightly off topic, but .. Luke Shaw reportedly has signed a 5 year deal with Man U during which he will be paid £50 million, this for a pretty inconsistent left back .. by this criteria, Gomez is worth a hell of a lot more than £50 million ..
    his team mate, the well known artist Van Dyke cost £75 million before wages .. in time Joe will be worth more .. as I have written before, Joe's potentially the 'new Bobby Moore'