Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best Duchatelet era Charlton games?

Best and Duchatelet shouldnt be in the same sentence, but we did win the occasional game under his ownership. The 3 that stick out to me are:

Charlton 1-0 QPR 2013/2014 : Jackos last minute winner, final win with CP in charge.
Charlton 2-1 Hull 2015/2016 : A winner from JBG with the last kick of the game, almost immediately after being pegged back by Hull.
Charlton 1-0 Bournemouth 2013/2014 : Dorian Dervite snatches a winner in the 93rd minute to give Jose Riga his first win as Charlton manager.

Comments

• charlton 3-0 brentford, charlton 3-0 huddersfield, Charlton 3-2 derby, charlton 1-0 watford, norwich 0-1 charlton all 2014/15
  • FA Cup win at the massives.
  • edited March 2018
    Rotherham 1-4. So much hope. JBG and Mak unplayable. Tex looked solid. Lookie came on and tucked away a lovely fourth. Igor looked a yard off the pace and still brought something that we'd desperately been missing and had an excellent game.
  • SDAddick said:

Rotherham 1-4. So much hope.

Trouble is, everytime we won the teams above us would win, we could never make up any ground on them!
  • CAFCTrev said:

SDAddick said:

Rotherham 1-4. So much hope.

Trouble is, everytime we won the teams above us would win, we could never make up any ground on them!
    A good point. And then we stopped winning unfortunately.
  • Middlesbrough. Two years ago today.
  • The 1-0 win at Reading in November 2014 which put us 8th, with Coquelin making debut off the bench. 1 point off the playoffs, 5 off top spot, the crowd singing Bob Peeters' name all afternoon, what could go wrong?
  • The 1-0 win at Reading in November 2014 which put us 8th, with Coquelin making debut off the bench. 1 point off the playoffs, 5 off top spot, the crowd singing Bob Peeters' name all afternoon, what could go wrong?

Our squad being understrength and suffering with endless injuries?

• Rotherham, January 2016.
    MKD, March 2016.
    Middlesbrough, March 2016.
    Birmingham, April 2016
    Brighton, April 2016
    Burnley, May 2016.
    Coventry, October 2016.
  • Sponsored links:

This. A rare away game for me and I really felt hopeful after this.

Tucadean missed a 1 on 1 with the keeper near the end of that too, thankfully we still won but shades of what was to come!
  • 1-0 vs QPR
    2-1 at Wednesday in the Cup.

Not really enjoyed it all since then.

2-1 win at Brentford in the relegation season was quite exciting, managed to forget all the off pitch misery for a few hours.

Quite enjoyed the defeat at Millwall last year, just for the novelty feeling of actually caring that we'd lost.

Hurry up and sell up you demented old git.
  • Rotherham away 1-4, played lovely football
  • 3-1 v Chef Wendy in Nov 2015 and my son was mascot, walking out with JBG. No stand out player, we just actually played as a team.
  • edited March 2018
    None - it’s all been thoroughly shit under him.
  • Even when we've scored a few we've looked vulnerable and unconvincing.

A few that weren't bad last season:
    Charlton Athletic 3–0 Shrewsbury Town
    Charlton Athletic 3–0 Coventry City
    Bristol Rovers 1–5 Charlton Athletic
    Charlton Athletic 4–1 Bristol Rovers
    Charlton Athletic 3–0 Gillingham
    Charlton Athletic 3–0 Swindon Town
  • This was a good night, before the true depth of the horror of his ownership had unfolded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=korCnR3k3MQ
  • Best football under Bald Bob P. The Derby home game the best result at the start of that season
  • Sponsored links:

• Move on

Tonight's game at Blackpool is all that matters

Let's see where we are after the next transfer window.
  • The 1-0 midweek win away at Leeds when Reza scored a beauty. We didn't play particularly well but beating the Millwall of the north on their own turf is always satisfying.
  • edited March 2018
    The first 10-15 games with Bob P.

If we'd have been lucky with injuries who knows what might've happened.
  • The first half of the season with Bob P.

I think Fulham away was where that season really started to fall apart.
  • edited March 2018
    3-2 away at Sheff Weds is up there, 2-0 down early doors, when we took the lead later in the game the CAFC contingent in the press box went mad, which really did not go down well with the locals... had we lost that we would have been buggered I think.... the win at home to Watford was pretty decent as well.
  • CAFCTrev said:

The first half of the season with Bob P.

That was when Bulot got a hamstring injury which left him out until after the African Nations Cup

It was also the game where Ahearne-Grant really impressed me... Sadly he's never played like that again where he really ran at defences
  • CAFCTrev said:

The first half of the season with Bob P.

That was when Bulot got a hamstring injury which left him out until after the African Nations Cup

It was also the game where Ahearne-Grant really impressed me... Sadly he's never played like that again where he really ran at defences
    Yeah we lost 3 nil, but they had three decent attacks and scored from all of them. We dominated the whole game and couldnt score.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Even when we've scored a few we've looked vulnerable and unconvincing.

A few that weren't bad last season:
    Charlton Athletic 3–0 Shrewsbury Town
    Charlton Athletic 3–0 Coventry City
    Bristol Rovers 1–5 Charlton Athletic
    Charlton Athletic 4–1 Bristol Rovers
    Charlton Athletic 3–0 Gillingham
    Charlton Athletic 3–0 Swindon Town

Blimey, just what had KR done to the side. Not had any results like that this season apart from the 2nd home game where we won 4-1. And he supposedly brought it attacking players.