Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Old Charlton related photos

Comments

• Options
    milo said:

Wow @milo where did those come from and can the museum borrow them?

I’ve got the original plans for the proposed West Stand. My dad was given them back in the nineties, he knew the architects. They’ve been in a box in my house for nearly twenty years.

They’re a bit battered but I’m fine to donate them to the museum. You’ll have to give them back in the very unlikely event that one of my brothers asks me for them because I suppose they’re not just mine to give, I’m not sure how I ended up with them after my dad died.

I’ll try to post some of the other pictures up here.

How do I get them to the museum?

@milo that's great.

They can be loaned rather than donated if you prefer.

Best way is to pop them into the museum when we're open but alternatively you can post them or drop them off in main reception.

Post to

Charlton Athletic Museum
    The Valley
    Floyd Road
    Charlton
    SE7 8BL

If that's not convenient inbox me or I'll send @Addickted round to collect
  • Options
    Could get them scanned, so you have a digital copy.
  • Options

We would most likely do that in any case
  • Options
    edited January 2019
  • Options
    Stig said:

Just a few of the photos donated by Monty Wilkinson's son. Monty is far left, front row.

A young Clive Mendonca next to Sam Bartram.

Nice hat @JamesSeed and Jimmy Trotter

I don't know if you know who those players are Henry, but I've spent a bit of time looking and I reckon it's as follows:

B1 ?? B2 Bert Tann B3 Jack Shreeve B4 Sam Bartram B5 Henry Mordey B6 Don Welsh B7 Jimmy Trotter
    F1 Monty Wilkinson F2 George Robinson F3 George Tadman F4 Jimmy Seed F5 Les Boulter F6 Sailor Brown F7 John Oakes

That being the case it's the same team that played away to Villa on 3rd December 1938. I haven't checked thoroughly, but it seems doubtful that we'd have fielded exactly the same XI on another date. That wasn't the team for the away game of the famous run of cup matches and Villa were a division below us for the two previous seasons. Assuming it is that game, this squad was famous for conceding what was at the time the fastest ever league goal; timed at 9.6 seconds.

Boy do I know how to spend a Friday night!
    I've checked now, it can only be at that match in December 1938. The proof: Henry Mordey only ever played eleven matches for the Addicks: Seven in the 1936/7 season when we didn't play Villa and four in 1938/9 against Preston, Middlesbrough, Sunderland and this game against Villa - his last ever professional game.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Jimmy Trotter looking a real jack the lad in his leather jacket and who knew that Don Welsh ever had hair?

Played for the colts (as they were called), when he was there, very nice fella
  • Options

Yeah, or two copies even...
  • Options
    I’ve got the original plans for the proposed West Stand. My dad was given them back in the nineties, he knew the architects. They’ve been in a box in my house for nearly twenty years. They’re a bit battered but I’m fine to donate them to the museum. You’ll have to give them back in the very unlikely event that one of my brothers asks me for them because I suppose they’re not just mine to give, I’m not sure how I ended up with them after my dad died. I’ll try to post some of the other pictures up here. How do I get them to the museum?
    @milo that's great. They can be loaned rather than donated if you prefer. Best way is to pop them into the museum when we're open but alternatively you can post them or drop them off in main reception. Post to Charlton Athletic Museum The Valley Floyd Road Charlton SE7 8BL If that's not convenient inbox me or I'll send @Addickted round to collect

I dropped these off at reception at the Valley on Monday in a brown A4 envelope, addressed: for the attention of the CAFC Museum.

Sorry about the delay, I didn’t want to carry them about on a match day and hadn’t passed the ground during the week for a while.

• Options
    milo said:
    I’ve got the original plans for the proposed West Stand. My dad was given them back in the nineties, he knew the architects. They’ve been in a box in my house for nearly twenty years. They’re a bit battered but I’m fine to donate them to the museum. You’ll have to give them back in the very unlikely event that one of my brothers asks me for them because I suppose they’re not just mine to give, I’m not sure how I ended up with them after my dad died. I’ll try to post some of the other pictures up here. How do I get them to the museum?
    @milo that's great. They can be loaned rather than donated if you prefer. Best way is to pop them into the museum when we're open but alternatively you can post them or drop them off in main reception. Post to Charlton Athletic Museum The Valley Floyd Road Charlton SE7 8BL If that's not convenient inbox me or I'll send @Addickted round to collect

I dropped these off at reception at the Valley on Monday in a brown A4 envelope, addressed: for the attention of the CAFC Museum.

Sorry about the delay, I didn’t want to carry them about on a match day and hadn’t passed the ground during the week for a while.

Many thanks @milo

Looking forward to seeing them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there some contractual stuff going on there why we get best part of two minutes Frank Bough action and no actual football?
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Is there some contractual stuff going on there why we get best part of two minutes Frank Bough action and no actual football?
    Because at the valley we never kick off before 3.05.
    Just filling in I suppose. 
  • Options
    Wonder what the crowd was. Looks empty 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Bolton won 3-1.
  • Options
    Look at the state of that pitch.
    Just look at the state of that pitch.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Taxi_Lad said:

Bolton won 3-1.
    That would have been a good gate 10yrs later.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/VJ0jGHaZIQY

Full show on you tube, didn’t look like a classic to be brutally honest.
  • Options
    Nah ... Frank?  ... Frank Bough??  ... What really???    (Just recalling my conversation on being told about Frank Bough).  Great broadcaster though.  
  • Options
    Nah ... Frank?  ... Frank Bough??  ... What really???    (Just recalling my conversation on being told about Frank Bough).  Great broadcaster though.  
    Was unbelievable, wasn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Frank Bough, course he did...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/456372/Former-TV-presenter-Frank-Bough-heads-back-to-the-BBC-after-cocaine-and-brothel-scandal/amp
  • Options
    Look at the state of that pitch.
    Just look at the state of that pitch.
    That’s why we should be thankful to Uncle Roland  :o
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    CARD
  • Options
    Is that Elfsborg in the middle :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    JamesSeed said:

@JamesSeed

Thats really excellent. how was it done?
  • Options
    WAR

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

@JamesSeed

Prisma App. You process the image using one of the programs contained in the App. Works best with colour images though. 

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

@JamesSeed

Prisma App. You process the image using one of the programs contained in the App. Works best with colour images though. 

If this photo gets shown again I shall be demanding image right's .
    Looks much better like this though James well done