Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Feminism is the new masculinity...

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018
    seth plum said:

Redskin said:

seth plum said:

Big Bad World is fine by me, even if his stance on brexit is ambiguous.
    It may be he posts here because the Millwall forum is more boring, even though the Millwall football is better.

I've 'liked' your post, Seth, even though you threw in your obligatory Brexit remark.
    Smiley face thing.
    Yeah. It has become an obsession for me.
    Source?
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Was at the Amersham Arms last night, they have renamed the disabled toilet the gender neutral toilet! :smiley: Although disabled is a gender neutral word, strange times.

Where does one find the glory hole in a gender neutral bog?
  • Options
    Let people identify however they want to.

Doesn't affect my life, won't affect yours so I have no idea why people get so up in arms about it.
  • Options

Let people identify however they want to.

Doesn't affect my life, won't affect yours so I have no idea why people get so up in arms about it.

BUT BUT THE CHILDREN
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    At work we've been told that you shouldn't call it a disabled toilet. Instead it should be called an accessible toilet. That seems daft to me as it suggests that other toilets are inaccessible, which I suppose they may be for someone who is disabled. Still unnecessary and too pc for me as everyone knows what a disabled toilet is.
  • Options
    Live and let live for me. When I have seen and met transgenders in public I find it a little odd, but I guess that’s because it’s only been a more accepted recent occurrence in the public eye. I’m guessing like for people who were gay 40/50 years ago they have had to suffer in silence. Let’s hope those that choose to be that way are accepted and can live the lives they want without any hate
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Live and let live for me. When I have seen and met Millwall fans in public I find it a little odd, but I guess that’s because it’s only been a more accepted recent occurrence in the public eye. I’m guessing like for people who were gay 40/50 years ago they have had to suffer in silence. Let’s hope those that choose to be that way are accepted and can live the lives they want without any hate

Fair play @cabbles, not sure everyone will be so understanding
  • Options
    Middle aged white guys feel left behind shocker
  • Options
    I really can't be bothered to give this subject more than a few seconds of my time but I do strongly feel that the term cis gender makes my teeth grate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

World's most pointless and tedious forum thread.

Two trolls trying to out troll each other and one is a fecking Millwall troll.

Bye

As for most tedious thread, I think the Millwall Relegation Watch has got to be up there along with the Brexit one.
    Well said (last bit).
  • Options

At work we've been told that you shouldn't call it a disabled toilet. Instead it should be called an accessible toilet. That seems daft to me as it suggests that other toilets are inaccessible, which I suppose they may be for someone who is disabled. Still unnecessary and too pc for me as everyone knows what a disabled toilet is.

I've always though 'disabled toilet' was a stupid name as it implies it's not working. 'Toilet for the physically challenged' would be better but you might have pissed yourself by the time you've finished reading it and realised it's the facility you're looking for.
  • Options

Perhaps you could ask the toilet what it identifies as? Can people self identify as disabled even if they're not - this does appear to be happening already when it comes to the use of blue badges for parking.

From a legal perspective if self-identifying becomes the norm then an awful lot of legislation will become unenforceable.

We seem to live in a society where victim status gets you a badge of honour and the over privileged want a piece of the action. The poor and vulnerable will be shoved out of the way by those with a high social media profile who want to claim the limelight.

Not a great fan of hashtags but #firstworldproblem illustrates perfectly the idea of a problem that isn't really a problem in many parts of the world as they have bigger things to deal with.

• Options
    From Lee Bowyer Could replace Robinson as our next manager to this....oh the joys of Charlton Life.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

seth plum said:

Big Bad World is fine by me, even if his stance on brexit is ambiguous.
    It may be he posts here because the Millwall forum is more boring, even though the Millwall football is better.

I've 'liked' your post, Seth, even though you threw in your obligatory Brexit remark.
    Smiley face thing.
    If he (BBW) posted this on that Millwall forum I'd guess he would be politely told to fuck off, whilst on here he gets an educated debate....that's the difference between them and us.
  • Options

From Lee Bowyer Could replace Robinson as our next manager to this....oh the joys of Charlton Life.

Lee Bowyer is gender fluid. FACT
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    A left wing ardent feminist in my family gets really irked sometimes by the trans community for many reasons.

She is a teacher and even as a live and let live person, when they have assemblies in the gender neutral subject, she sees it as nothing short of promotion for children’s confusion.

For seemingly such a small community, they would seem to have a big voice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    EastStand said:

Middle aged white guys feel left behind shocker

The battle appears to be mainly between a section of the feminist movement and the Trans community. The former are concerned that self-identification will allow men to circumvent protections put in place for women. For example, if a rapist in a man's prison says he self-identifies as a woman, should he be transferred to a woman's prison? What about women only shortlists? I think it's a very interesting debate philosophically but from what I read, it appears that the Trans activists are very well-organised and very determined to shut down discussion by getting opponents (e.g. Germaine Greer, Peter Tatchell) non-platformed and getting others dismissed from their posts or jobs.

• Options

A left wing ardent feminist in my family gets really irked sometimes by the trans community for many reasons.

She is a teacher and even as a live and let live person, when they have assemblies in the gender neutral subject, she sees it as nothing short of promotion for children’s confusion.

Have heard others arguing the same - voice seems out of all proportion to their numbers. You now have transgender women's officers in the Labour Party which seems ridiculous - I'm unclear how someone who was born a man and lived much of their life as a man can suddenly become an advocate for woman.

If you take this argument to its logical conclusion then people will be allowed to identify as anything and expect to be taken seriously and given legal protection. We're trivializing stuff and the big issues in society will just be sidelined.

There are so many gender labels It's become ridiculous and there are obviously people with too much time on their hands. If this continues to proliferate then the education system will be f***ed as the syllabus will become unworkable if the obsession with diversity continues.
  • Options

If you take this argument to its logical conclusion then people will be allowed to identify as anything and expect to be taken seriously and given legal protection.
    In Ireland, anyone over 16 can change gender by signing a form stating that they intend to live the rest of their life as the other gender and then they can change any other documents (birth certificate, driving licence, passport, etc). This can be done in conjunction with changing their name.

This has been the case for three years and so far I don't think the place has collapsed. Currently the only debate there around this topic seems to be whether this possibility should be extended to people under 16.

Why is Britain different?
  • Options
    What about the people who are half man half biscuit?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

They just want Dukla Prague away kits.
  • Options
    I didn't even understand the first post.

Well confused.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

seth plum said:

They just want Dukla Prague away kits.
    Those that aren't teenage armchair Honved fans.