Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Peterborough vs Charlton

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Maddison's diving and rolling around was award winning. At one point in the first half he threw himself over Sarr's foot which was about a metre away from him yet the ref, who had a clear view of the incident, didn't book him. In the build up for the fourth goal, he rolled down the touch line after a collision with Big Nabby again and it looked like his season could be over such was the pain he appeared to be in. Needless to say he was happily celebrating the goal a few seconds later.

Absolute tosser.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    When Madison was playing for Gateshead after being released by Newcastle we made an enquiry but Peterborough the experts at signing non league players beat us to him. Shame because that absolute tosser would have been a cult hero at the valley.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Since we have no idea what to do with the ball when we got it, we should stay away from it.
    We should park the bus and let the ball hit us. Away to Wigan we didn't touch the ball and nearly won the game. At this level, give teams enough of the ball, they will fuck up, and you come back with 3 points and Rob is your uncle
  • Options
    Not disputing Sarr's fault in the goals but because of the injury to Dasilva I believe he was thrown back into first team action, following his own longterm injury, with no U23 game to get some sort of match, as distinct from aerobic and anaerobic, fitness.
  • Options
    first half both teams poor but we shaded it, second half they took their chances we didnt.

good day meeting old friends---its all we have left with this shell of a club

Robinson its shit but up to RDs standard managers
  • Options
    Not impressed with Robinson’s post match comments regarding Josh Magennis. It just adds pressure & places all the responsibility onto Magennis. No consideration that his formation may leave the loan striker isolated or that the service is poor. Typical Robinson unaccountability. Always looking to publicly blame players.
  • Options
    vff said:

Not impressed with Robinson’s post match comments regarding Josh Magennis. It just adds pressure & places all the responsibility onto Magennis. No consideration that his formation may leave the loan striker isolated or that the service is poor. Typical Robinson unaccountability. Always looking to publicly blame players.

Now looking to publicly blame players.

He knows he's doomed if we stay outside the playoffs. He's probably starting to feel bitter, and is losing control.

Although a couple of wins in the next two games and it'll all be fine again.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Supported Robinson until I saw through his singular half baked 'plan' and heard his relentless drivel.

Irrespective that the takeover needs to happen as soon as possible.

This season is finished, mostly because roly is a turd but the next heaviest shackle on progress is cos FSG is crap.

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Watched ‘The Death of Stalin’ last night and picked up a useful quote for times like this.

“Play better you bunch of clattering fannies!”

Oh how is that? It looks intriguing.

Sod it, let's just talk about telly, far better than this shit.

I just started watching "The Looming Tower," the story about what was happening in the US I in the build up to 9/11. It's very compelling. It's a little heavy handed, and it's still early but it seems to have picked out its good guys and bad guys in a way that I think is far more black and white than real life. It's based on a book I could never bring myself to read (too frustrating), and maybe the book does that too. And the guy who plays Richard Clarke, Michael Stuhlbarg, looks ridiculous.

But I'm just nitpicking, it's definitely worth a watch.
    It was excellent. Quite difficult to marry the horrors of Stalin's tyrannical reign with a political farce, but Armando Iannucci is a master at that sort of thing.
  • Options

I just watched the high/lowlights.
    Sarr was at fault for the first, leaving his man unmarked (having already done so just before when they hit the bar).
    Sarr was at fault for the second, tripping Maddison for the penalty.
    Possibly Pearce at fault for the third, letting Marriot turn & score, but it was good play by Marriot.
    Konsa at fault for the fourth, as he actually got out of the way of the cross, to let it go to the goalscorer.
    Amos not at fault for any of them (as I thought at the time).
    As for Magennis' penalty, he wasn't even close. Absolutely terrible.

Me & Golfie Jnr were sitting parallel to the penalty & when awarded he said he didn't know why everyone was going mad as we'll probably miss anyway - so wasn't surprise to see it go high, wide & not very handsome. Like everyone else we initially thought it had gone in as the keeper dived right and we could the ball was going left.....only to find a second later that it had gone well left !! The pain has still not subsided by lunchtime today when Golfie Jnr was recounting the story to his mum....." our STRIKER couldn't hit the goal from 12 yards with just the goalkeeper to beat - and the kepper made it easy by diving the wrong way & he still couldn't score." I feel so bad sometimes knowing that I have forced my football team onto this young lad and at the age of 14 he is already mentally scarred. He was also shouting at the radio last night listening to 606 & Liverpool supporters moaning & saying "you are 3rd in the Premiership - you have NOTHING to moan about"
    4 of us were there and none confident Magennis would score.
    I was 50/50. I thought he'd scuff it and it would either be saved or go in softly, if the keeper dived the wrong way.

We're such a shambles I wasn't even angry at the miss and quite honestly I was laughing, because the team have reached the no confidence, can't be arsed stage.

They are clearly not playing for Robinson and I suspect it's because they know they can't successfully play his 4-2-3-1.
    Furthermore, they can't even win the individual battles, because they are generally smaller and are outmuscled.
    Finally, they can't hope to nick a goal from set pieces, because they are outjumped by the taller oppostion.
    To sum it up we are a complete shit show, but I still think a decent manager would have that team in a comfortable play off position.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curbs always looked for characters - it is something Powell put a priority on too - something I assume he learned from Curbs. They would refer to players as Charlton players. I think one of the issues since Duchatelet bought the club, is this important element has largely been ignored. We have brought in some decent players, but you need a smattering of the right sort of player that I fear we are sadly lacking in. I reckon a pub team could kick us off the park and even beat us. We lack players who are brave enough to make incisive passes, the ones we have will often take the easy option and let another player get the blame for it if it doesn't come off.
  • Options
    The season is over, which at least saves us having the agony of losing in the play-offs.

Sack Robinson now and put Jackson and Bowyer in charge until the end of the season - nothing to lose.
  • Options
    lungrot said:

The season is over, which at least saves us having the agony of losing in the play-offs.

Sack Robinson now and put Jackson and Bowyer in charge until the end of the season - nothing to lose.

And not much to gain!
  • Options
    Well all you Charlton fans
    It seems we all agree that after patiently waiting
    for a real sign, that Robinson knows how to manage are team properly the upshot is he has
    Run out of ideas and stupid excuses!!
    Time he was replaced.
    Hopefully who ever is taking us over can see this too.?

• Options

Since we have no idea what to do with the ball when we got it, we should stay away from it.
    We should park the bus and let the ball hit us. Away to Wigan we didn't touch the ball and nearly won the game. At this level, give teams enough of the ball, they will fuck up, and you come back with 3 points and Rob is your uncle

Exactly Mourinho’s philosophy - though not because any of his teams have been poo.
    Mourinho believes the majority of errors are made when in possession, so let the opposition have the ball. Worked last week against Liverpool but against City they’d get beat.

• Options
    edited March 2018

Curbs always looked for characters - it is something Powell put a priority on too - something I assume he learned from Curbs. They would refer to players as Charlton players. I think one of the issues since Duchatelet bought the club, is this important element has largely been ignored. We have brought in some decent players, but you need a smattering of the right sort of player that I fear we are sadly lacking in. I reckon a pub team could kick us off the park and even beat us. We lack players who are brave enough to make incisive passes, the ones we have will often take the easy option and let another player get the blame for it if it doesn't come off.

We can’t attract those sort of players. We can only sign misfits. It’s naive to think we’ve built a great squad at this club. I don’t think we have. It's a decent squad, but as you say it lacks 'characters'.

Those sort of players are wanted by other clubs who are happy to pay for them. Why would they wanted to join a basket case club (under this ownership) for peanuts?

We urgently need that change of ownership and a fresh start, with or without Robinson.

In the meantime we need a miracle, starting tonight.
  • Options
    Surely its only a good squad if it does well, history will say this squad is a mid table league 1 squad
  • Options

Surely its only a good squad if it does well, history will say this squad is a mid table league 1 squad

History might have said that about Shrewsbury’s squad but it won’t because they’ve got a decent manager!
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:

for a real sign, that Robinson knows how to manage are team properly the upshot is he has
    Time he was replaced.

That doesn't even rhyme.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

1968CAFC said:

Time he was replaced.

That doesn't even rhyme.
    Blank verse. Superb.