Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post match views: Peterborough vs Charlton

Comments

• It's all going tits up, new owners new Manager and a new season to look forward to, this season looks like being a wash out. I like Robinson as he does seem to care however he does have some serious limitations around tactics so won't be sad when he has gone, convinced new owners, when the deal is finally done, will have their man in place over the summer, get rid of some of the obvious dead wood and bring in players that are physically suitable to get us going again, we are far too pretty and not strong enough both physically & mentally.
  • Painful and the scum and palace might be in Prem next season

20% 3rd-6th .......72% 7th-12th ........8% 13th-20th

100% Roland OUT
  • Millwall are not going up ffs, but neither are we
  • I don't understand people saying they like Robinson - are they talking on a personal level? We have been shocking for quite a time now and he seems pretty clueless. His graceless post-match interviews serve no purpose.
  • edited March 2018
    LenGlover said:

Penalty looked bad but I give Josh credit for being man enough to have a go.

Who else was there? Fosu maybe but JJ won't take them now and J F-C doesn't seem to want to either.

Come on Len, you give our centre forward, our only forward, credit for being man enough to take a penalty ?

Blimey, we'll be praising them for tying their shoe laces next :smile: (sorry mate).
  • Now I wasn't at the game, or watching on the stream, but people are saying that Zyro looked good, when he came on. This begs the question, why the f*ck hasn't Robinson played him more often!

Because he doesn't work hard enough for the team, or track back.
    Who gives a toss? Neither could Derek Hales or Jimmy Greaves... but what they could do is score goals!
  • LenGlover said:

Who else was there? Fosu maybe but JJ won't take them now and J F-C doesn't seem to want to either.

Come on Len, you give our centre forward, our only forward, for being man enough to take a penalty ?

Blimey, we'll be praising them for tying their shoe laces next :smile: (sorry mate).
    The team would have been looking to the leaders, Jackson and Solly, but when they both bottled it to set the tone someone had to step up. Yes I do give him credit for that even if I accept your point about him being a forward.
  • LenGlover said:

Come on Len, you give our centre forward, our only forward, for being man enough to take a penalty ?

I've heard only half the team can dress themselves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Who is that prick Robinson trying to kid? We were shocking,a proper shit 3rd division team led by an incompetent manager.I took my 7 year old boy to his first ever away match yesterday,and he turned round to me and said "why do you support Charlton dad ?" What could I say? Looking at his sad face and wanting to punch Robinson's.

I think you should be aiming that punch at Roland. Floor the organ grinder, not the monkey!
  • Who is that prick Robinson trying to kid? We were shocking,a proper shit 3rd division team led by an incompetent manager.I took my 7 year old boy to his first ever away match yesterday,and he turned round to me and said "why do you support Charlton dad ?" What could I say? Looking at his sad face and wanting to punch Robinson's Duchatelet's

Fixed that for you.
  • LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

The team would have been looking to the leaders, Jackson and Solly, but when they both bottled it to set the tone someone had to step up. Yes I do give him credit for that even if I accept your point about him being a forward.
    Got to disagree Len. I'd be disappointed if any centre forward wasn't pushing himself forward to take a penalty. We aren't talking about extra time in a cup final aftee all. Ultimately it's his role in the team to stick chances away and they don't come much easier than a pen.
  • LouisMend said:
    What utter bollocks - didn't he watch our excuse of a defence - we'd have had to score 5 to win and we didnt have 5 chances - we were crap in every department
  • LouisMend said:
    What utter bollocks - didn't he watch our excuse of a defence - we'd have had to score 5 to win and we didnt have 5 chances - we were crap in every department
    Well, you can make a case that had we taken our chances we would have won, but I don't recall a Charlton side worse at taking chances and we mustn't forget, this one is playing at as low a level as any Charlton side before it. If there is one thing you will rely on - it is we will miss chances, we are a team of bottlers which lacks the leaders to kick the others into shape. And we don't seem to have those leaders off the pitch.
  • LouisMend said:
    Well, you can make a case that had we taken our chances we would have won, but I don't recall a Charlton side worse at taking chances and we mustn't forget, this one is playing at as low a level as any Charlton side before it. If there is one thing you will rely on - it is we will miss chances, we are a team of bottlers which lacks the leaders to kick the others into shape. And we don't seem to have those leaders off the pitch.
    Much as I dislike the man you wonder what someone like Steve Evans would get out of those players - I don't go very often any more but whenever I do go the team lacks shape, conviction, character and leadership
  • edited March 2018
    It is probably a manager like him which our players need. Or Warnock or Pulis. Or we need some new players. I want to hear of fights in the dressing room - not the sort of scummy rubbish we saw from Solly, Johnson, Fox etc... - somebody has got to kick this team into shape. It is too soft with no leaders! As we can't bring anybody else in, we probably need a manager to do so - there is sufficient ability in the side for this level/
  • addick05 said:

Who is that prick Robinson trying to kid? We were shocking,a proper shit 3rd division team led by an incompetent manager.I took my 7 year old boy to his first ever away match yesterday,and he turned round to me and said "why do you support Charlton dad ?" What could I say? Looking at his sad face and wanting to punch Robinson's.

I think you should be aiming that punch at Roland. Floor the organ grinder, not the monkey!
    Well if the owner ever actually turned up I would gladly stick one on him.I was there yesterday and just looking at that clueless Robinson is enough to drive you mad.As much as I hate Evans at least he showed some passion and was driving his team on even when they were 4-1 up.Robinson looks resigned to the fact that he will be out of a job when the takeover is complete.That day can't come soon enough for me,I'm fed up listening to the shit excuses coming out of his mouth as to why we've failed to compete against another side who in all fairness play in a non -league ground and have a budget way below charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Groan.....

Owners, administrators(whoever they are?), management, coaches and players you are all an absolute crock of shit.
    I am sick of the lot of the them..
  • addick05 said:

Who is that prick Robinson trying to kid? We were shocking,a proper shit 3rd division team led by an incompetent manager.I took my 7 year old boy to his first ever away match yesterday,and he turned round to me and said "why do you support Charlton dad ?" What could I say? Looking at his sad face and wanting to punch Robinson's.

Well if the owner ever actually turned up I would gladly stick one on him.I was there yesterday and just looking at that clueless Robinson is enough to drive you mad.As much as I hate Evans at least he showed some passion and was driving his team on even when they were 4-1 up.Robinson looks resigned to the fact that he will be out of a job when the takeover is complete.That day can't come soon enough for me,I'm fed up listening to the shit excuses coming out of his mouth as to why we've failed to compete against another side who in all fairness play in a non -league ground and have a budget way below charlton.
    To be fair I think you are correct re Robinson's future. However I can't agree with your comments about KR's passion and commitment to the club. However nothing will change until this drawn-out saga regarding the sale of the club is over. I know some have posted on here hoping the buyer will have bottomless pockets but this doesn't always have a happy ending - just look at West Brom!
  • fuck it - this season is bonus time now - we don't expect anything but if we get mavidivi fit and keep fosu fit we might just do something - stop moaning u miserable cu&ts and lets get promoted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited March 2018
    I just watched the high/lowlights.
    Sarr was at fault for the first, leaving his man unmarked (having already done so just before when they hit the bar).
    Sarr was at fault for the second, tripping Maddison for the penalty.
    Possibly Pearce at fault for the third, letting Marriot turn & score, but it was good play by Marriot.
    Konsa at fault for the fourth, as he actually got out of the way of the cross, to let it go to the goalscorer.
    Amos not at fault for any of them (as I thought at the time).
    As for Magennis' penalty, he wasn't even close. Absolutely terrible.
  • I just watched the high/lowlights.
    Sarr was at fault for the first, leaving his man unmarked (having already done so just before when they hit the bar).
    Possibly Pearce at fault for the third, letting Marriot turn & score, but it was good play by Marriot.
    Konsa at fault for the fourth, as he actually got out of the way of the cross, to let it go to the goalscorer.

Me & Golfie Jnr were sitting parallel to the penalty & when awarded he said he didn't know why everyone was going mad as we'll probably miss anyway - so wasn't surprise to see it go high, wide & not very handsome. Like everyone else we initially thought it had gone in as the keeper dived right and we could the ball was going left.....only to find a second later that it had gone well left !! The pain has still not subsided by lunchtime today when Golfie Jnr was recounting the story to his mum....." our STRIKER couldn't hit the goal from 12 yards with just the goalkeeper to beat - and the kepper made it easy by diving the wrong way & he still couldn't score." I feel so bad sometimes knowing that I have forced my football team onto this young lad and at the age of 14 he is already mentally scarred. He was also shouting at the radio last night listening to 606 & Liverpool supporters moaning & saying "you are 3rd in the Premiership - you have NOTHING to moan about"

Me & Golfie Jnr were sitting parallel to the penalty & when awarded he said he didn't know why everyone was going mad as we'll probably miss anyway - so wasn't surprise to see it go high, wide & not very handsome. Like everyone else we initially thought it had gone in as the keeper dived right and we could the ball was going left.....only to find a second later that it had gone well left !! The pain has still not subsided by lunchtime today when Golfie Jnr was recounting the story to his mum....." our STRIKER couldn't hit the goal from 12 yards with just the goalkeeper to beat - and the kepper made it easy by diving the wrong way & he still couldn't score." I feel so bad sometimes knowing that I have forced my football team onto this young lad and at the age of 14 he is already mentally scarred. He was also shouting at the radio last night listening to 606 & Liverpool supporters moaning & saying "you are 3rd in the Premiership - you have NOTHING to moan about"
    Supporting Charlton is character building and helps you develop a sense of humour. Fans of lower league clubs lead the way in gallows humour.
  • DOUCHER said:

fuck it - this season is bonus time now - we don't expect anything but if we get mavidivi fit and keep fosu fit we might just do something - stop moaning u miserable cu&ts and lets get promoted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m quite shocked by the language used here.
  • edited March 2018
    I’m not sure how to upload the penalty video that I put on Twitter. We all assumed he scored when we saw the keeper going the wrong way. My heart goes out to Josh. But what a miss.
    Here’s the link, I think.

https://t.co/e2YLY8oeDH

There were two or three periods where we had momentum on Saturday. All were ended by ineptitude. To me it looked like the players ineptitude.

But maybe Page would have been a better choice than Sarr. Was he match fit, or nearly match fit? If he was he should have played, and Robbo’s to blame. But we’ve only seen a few minutes from Page so who knows how he would have performed.

We’ve become more and more dysfunctional during this season, which is a shame as we’ve seen periods where we’ve looked very good.

And at least we’re not West Ham.
  • clb74 said:

"If you play like that and you take your chances, you win"
    Can we save this quote for the rest of the season

Can anyone confirm how many times KR has said that this season?

Maddison went over Sarr's foot, not saying he tripped on it nope, he literally falls OVER his foot.