Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Peterborough vs Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:

JamesSeed said:

Robinson let down by his players. You can’t miss penalties and open goal headers.

The Posh showed us how it’s done. Five shots, four goals and one hit post.

Bad game: Solly, Magennis, JFC, Amos
    Good game: Fosu, Aribo, Zyro

Fosu? Aribo?!
    From what I could see from near the corner flag I thought they did ok.
    Why won’t our guys shoot though?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    SDAddick said:

Sage said:

One thing on the playing side, we have conceded 6 goals in our last two games. Bauer has sat on the bench in both of them. Prior to that, he scored away at Doncaster and played in that one, Bradford at home and MK Dons away where we picked up 5 points and only conceded 3 goals.

What the fuck is he doing out of the side?!

This x1000, especially because Pearce always looks like a liability to me. An incredibly stupid foul leading up to the first goal. Got turned inside out for the third (which was an absolute joke because Reeves was hacked down in the build up, I mean that was mental). And then doesn't close down the man for the fourth.

Bauer has been our best defender this season, and Konsa second.

There will be a lot of tests upcoming for Robinson in the next few weeks and one of the bigggest will be does he drop his undropables: Magennis, Pearce, and Solly? And does he drop Jackson from the squad. The Skipper looked a liability today. He's not a defensive midfielder, he never has been, but the amount of space between him and the defensive line was ten yards at time, and 'Boro exploted that space.

Big changes needed Tuesday:
    .......Amos
    Konsa Bauer Sarr Page
    .......JFC Dijksteel
    Zyro Reeves Fosu
    .......Ajose

Oh, and why weren't Page and/or Dijksteel on the bench?!?! Page must be fit enough for at least a cameo, and Dijksteel is the only natural defensive midfielder at the club who is fit.

The one bright side is Zyro came on and nearly changed the game singlehandedly. He looks a real player. Reminds me of Arek Milik.

I agree.

However, I'd take out Reeves and put in Marshall, believe it or not.

Amos
    Konsa Bauer Sarr Page
    Marshall Djiksteel Forster-Caskey Fosu
    Ajose Zyro

Maynard-Brewer, Solly, Pearce, Aribo, Reeves, Kaikai, Magennis
  • Options
    England losing at rugby tends to cheer me up a tiny, tiny bit tbh
  • Options
    So Robbo thinks we dominated midfield but they were better upfront than us.......well play another striker you stubborn Scouse pillock.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

SDAddick said:

Sage said:

One thing on the playing side, we have conceded 6 goals in our last two games. Bauer has sat on the bench in both of them. Prior to that, he scored away at Doncaster and played in that one, Bradford at home and MK Dons away where we picked up 5 points and only conceded 3 goals.

What the fuck is he doing out of the side?!

This x1000, especially because Pearce always looks like a liability to me. An incredibly stupid foul leading up to the first goal. Got turned inside out for the third (which was an absolute joke because Reeves was hacked down in the build up, I mean that was mental). And then doesn't close down the man for the fourth.

Bauer has been our best defender this season, and Konsa second.

There will be a lot of tests upcoming for Robinson in the next few weeks and one of the bigggest will be does he drop his undropables: Magennis, Pearce, and Solly? And does he drop Jackson from the squad. The Skipper looked a liability today. He's not a defensive midfielder, he never has been, but the amount of space between him and the defensive line was ten yards at time, and 'Boro exploted that space.

Big changes needed Tuesday:
    .......Amos
    Konsa Bauer Sarr Page
    .......JFC Dijksteel
    Zyro Reeves Fosu
    .......Ajose

Oh, and why weren't Page and/or Dijksteel on the bench?!?! Page must be fit enough for at least a cameo, and Dijksteel is the only natural defensive midfielder at the club who is fit.

The one bright side is Zyro came on and nearly changed the game singlehandedly. He looks a real player. Reminds me of Arek Milik.

Sense, as usual.
    But would have Zyro up top, not on the wing. Not sure about Ajose.
    Nor am I, but he's shown a hunger when he's come on this year, and he provides something different and right now we need something different.

With that four my goal would be to get a lot of interchanging like we had at the start of the season (we miss Clarke), looking for intricate play between attackers. Ajose's ability to get in behind defenses might create more space for that.

Oh, changed Zyro to the ten role. My reason for playing him deeper is that I want him getting on the ball and running at teams, and making runs into the box from deep.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Watched ‘The Death of Stalin’ last night and picked up a useful quote for times like this.

“Play better you bunch of clattering fannies!”

Oh how is that? It looks intriguing.

Sod it, let's just talk about telly, far better than this shit.

I just started watching "The Looming Tower," the story about what was happening in the US I in the build up to 9/11. It's very compelling. It's a little heavy handed, and it's still early but it seems to have picked out its good guys and bad guys in a way that I think is far more black and white than real life. It's based on a book I could never bring myself to read (too frustrating), and maybe the book does that too. And the guy who plays Richard Clarke, Michael Stuhlbarg, looks ridiculous.

But I'm just nitpicking, it's definitely worth a watch.
  • Options
    How on earth does he reckon we we're better in the middle!?! Jacko non existent and JFC was very poor.

People have been asking why there's so much disdain and hatred for KR, well that fucking statement after that performance is exactly why. C*nt.
  • Options
    4-1 was actually quite harsh on us even if an overall defeat wasn't.
  • Options
    Shit day compounded by Luton letting down my 7 team acca !

Kids are mascots next Saturday, oh well....
  • Options
    Expected absolutely nothing today so I’m neither surprised nor particularly disappointed. I’m fed up in that resigned and apathetic sort of way when the failure is completely expected. Injuries to virtually all our crucial players and the loss of Holmes have undoubtedly played a significant part but this season is just petering out in yet another tepid and utterly predictable way. Such a shame after the optimism of August and September. It genuinely felt that we were on the turn but it’s yet another season of mediocrity and decline. Ho hum. At least the weather is getting better. It will be early bird renewal time soon. I’ll be saving my commitment until the takeover is done.

As for Robinson and his team of pretty midgets. Meh.
  • Options

Shit day compounded by Luton letting down my 7 team acca !

Kids are mascots next Saturday, oh well....

I hope your kids enjoy their moment.
    It's a lifetime of disappointment that follows that I worry about.
    Seriously enjoy the day
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone still think we're better off without Kashi?

Agree that Dijksteel should now be given a go in midfield.
  • Options

Thought we were on top for 1st 30 mins but failed to score. After that the difference was Posh know how to score goals and we are clueless in finding the net.
    Zyko deserves a start next time based on Magennis performance today.

And based on Zyro’s performance today.
  • Options
    A rising Gillingham have got Waggy

Our lot are Baggy
  • Options
    Shocking and inexcusable, though 4-1 flattered Posh. Zyro must start now. Aribo can't play for 90 mins and unless Page is injured he deserves a chance.

Am in no way defending Robinson, but if Mag scores then it's a very different game
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    LouisMend said:
    Can I just say that I wholeheartedly agree with Robinson's final assessment?

He should just go away now, and keep going.
  • Options

Need to go on a run now! Pulled out the cooker this afternoon, and found some lard with experience of going on a run. Obviously showing more direction, motivation and ambition than a lump of lard that has no idea of what to do or where to go.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5000498/uploads/FileUpload/e6/3a9d582a9a9145c95cf0c05850f4b4.gif

Great gif! Sums it up nicely.