Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Letter from Charlton.

Comments

• Options
    dickplumb said:

But the point is I will be sitting on my own like Billy no mates as my mate is not moving.

Learn how to make ninja bread pudding to share and you'll be all right.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    shirty5 said:

The concept of the idea is a good one but when you have blocks now not being used, common sense would be to use one of those instead of moving people out of their seats.

Presumably those blocks are not being used as a cost reduction exercise?

Those cost reductions would be lost if the blocks were opened again to seat the new population.

I get that it’s a bit of an inconvenience- but in this instance, common sense is to put the additional population into an existing open block that has sufficient spare capacity.
  • Options

If Daisy was still here she would be getting pelters .

Maybe she's doing the job in her spare time
  • Options

Her legacy obviously lives on.
  • Options
    Fucking kids!
  • Options

Who is actually running the club at the moment and allowing this nonsense?

Audrey the cleaner
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m confused? You don’t have to move and can Renew your seats. What’s the problem?
  • Options

I’m confused? You don’t have to move and can Renew your seats. What’s the problem?

For the umpteenth time. I don't want to sit with kids. My mate doesn't want to move, because his kids want to stay put. Ergo, i will be sitting by myself next Season in another part of the ground.

• Options
    Sounds like an inconvenience but they've been quite fair in their implementation. They could have consulted fans, as mentioned earlier in this thread and then maybe they'd have had your goodwill.

Now they'll stick an extra 500 on the 'tickets sold' attendance for every fixture next season though!
  • Options

Maybe she's doing the job in her spare time
    No change there then.
  • Options
    If I’d received this when I had a season ticket and when I used to enjoy going to Charlton it would have pissed me off. Nowadays I couldn’t give a crap what they do or where they choose to lie about the attendance....
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

How about moving to another Block in the East?

Seems like a bit of an overreaction to me mate if I’m honest.

Not an overreaction at all. I want to move, my mate wants to reluctantly stay because his kids like it there. I would like to move because I don't want to be surrounded by young Chidren. The Club are forcing me to make a decision I shouldn't have to make.

With about 8,000 going currently and maybe 12,000 if we are taken over then initiatives to get more fans in have got to be a good thing.

We are generally creatures of habit and I get why people don’t like change but sometimes I think you have the shrug, applaud a good initiative to work with our award winning Trust, bring young people to the club we love and move to a better seat at the same cost.

Not everything the club does is bad, this sounds very good. I hope it is a success.
  • Options
    Very sympathetic to the OP on this. I’m attached to my seat and I’d be pissed off if they surrounded me with freebies. That said, I’d be getting the best seat on the half way line if it was me. In actual fact, my mate sits in the best seat in the house on the half way line in the east row Q and he has about six free seats in his row. Can’t understand why folk In the cheap seats don’t just move there anyway.
  • Options
    Worry thing is here is that arrangements have been made for next season. So are the potential new owners involved in this or has the sale now completely broken down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Ask them for the general season ticket prices for next season.

Why would you worry about this now? No waiting list after all and we know we are to be under new ownership at some point. Difficult to see how any supporter is going to be inconvenienced by a delay in pricing announcement
  • Options

Worry thing is here is that arrangements have been made for next season. So are the potential new owners involved in this or has the sale now completely broken down.

I would’ve thought this would have been done by staff who are carrying on like usual.

If they didn’t make any decisions because they think a sale will be soon and then it fell through between now and June they’d look a bit silly.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

The concept of the idea is a good one but when you have blocks now not being used, common sense would be to use one of those instead of moving people out of their seats.

Those cost reductions would be lost if the blocks were opened again to seat the new population.

I get that it’s a bit of an inconvenience- but in this instance, common sense is to put the additional population into an existing open block that has sufficient spare capacity.
    Rubbish. There is no cost saving. It’s dancing to the tune of the idiot Keohane. Get it overturned with the support of CAST. These people have no clue.

Most of the CACT tickets are not used or go to mates anyway.
    I still don’t see the real problem. An idea to get kilds to come and sit in reasonable seats. Anyone who wants to move can be accomodated. .Where’s the problem? If the tickets don’t go where intended that’s a different issue isn’t it ?
  • Options
    edited March 2018

dickplumb said:

Not an overreaction at all. I want to move, my mate wants to reluctantly stay because his kids like it there. I would like to move because I don't want to be surrounded by young Chidren. The Club are forcing me to make a decision I shouldn't have to make.

With about 8,000 going currently and maybe 12,000 if we are taken over then initiatives to get more fans in have got to be a good thing.

We are generally creatures of habit and I get why people don’t like change but sometimes I think you have the shrug, applaud a good initiative to work with our award winning Trust, bring young people to the club we love and move to a better seat at the same cost.

Not everything the club does is bad, this sounds very good. I hope it is a success.
    There is nothing new in this. The trust was getting 500 tickets at most matches from 2010 onwards (and a lot more before that).
  • Options

dickplumb said:

There is nothing new on this. The trust was getting 500 tickets at most matches from 2010 onwards (and a lot more before that).
    So still not a problem then ?
  • Options
    edited March 2018

shirty5 said:

Rubbish. There is no cost saving. It’s dancing to the tune of the idiot Keohane. Get it overturned with the support of CAST. These people have no clue.

Most of the CACT tickets are not used or go to mates anyway.
    I still don’t see the real problem. An idea to get kilds to come and sit in reasonable seats. Anyone who wants to move can be accomodated. .Where’s the problem? If the tickets don’t go where intended that’s a different issue isn’t it ?
    It’s not a new idea. It’s the same thing that’s been done for many years. The difference is moving season ticket holders rather than placing them around the ground. In practice the block will be pretty empty because most of the tickets aren’t used - the trust adds them to their projects because it improves their offer but it doesn’t mean people come (at this level). The coaches give them to their mates depriving the club of revenue.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

There is nothing new on this. The trust was getting 500 tickets at most matches from 2010 onwards (and a lot more before that).
    So still not a problem then ?
    The point is you don’t need to piss off the season ticket holders to do it. Block B is better than block H.