Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jim Davidson

Comments

• Options
    I love this forum so much. From foxes to Jim Davidson, we can fall out over anything

Btw I think he’s a funny guy. Went to the back to the valley dinner a few years ago and he was the compère. Some of the stuff had me in stitches. He did do a very crass impression of an African if I recall and it was a bit awkward with Powell, Mortimer and Dyer up there if I remember. They seemed to be okay with it but I understand why others might not.

Depends on your threshold for that type of humour
  • Options
    I saw Jimbo at the Fairfield Halls in Croydon a few weeks after we relegated palice.

I went having a good idea no punches would be pulled and I was right. If you are easily shocked then you do not go and see him.

He pretty much sold the place out btw.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

shine166 said:

He is a talented natural presenter, much more talented at that than as a stand up, with a chip on his shoulder that he thinks is on everybody else's shoulder. Which is a shame really as it damages him more than anybody else. Today, a white man doing Chalky impressions is a bit offensive - we may see it differently but I see it as us moving on, not going backwards. We shouldn't judge him from when he originally did them - watch some of Lenny Henry's early stuff - it was of its time.

Ah lenny henry... a whole career based on 1 shitty accent
    That’ll be Sir Lenny Henry now. A knighthood for the being the unfunniest “comedian” ever.
    Saw his stand-up routine about 30 years ago and thought it was excellent at the time. But like many comics, his old routines haven't aged well.
    Wonder what that other subject of a thread, Carl Leaburn, would think of JD?
  • Options

cabbles said:

I love this forum so much. From foxes to Jim Davidson, we can fall out over anything

Btw I think he’s a funny guy. Went to the back to the valley dinner a few years ago and he was the compère. Some of the stuff had me in stitches. He did do a very crass impression of an African if I recall and it was a bit awkward with Powell, Mortimer and Dyer up there if I remember. They seemed to be okay with it but I understand why others might not.

See, I don't understand why that's awkward seeing as they're all English.
    Really?
    It's not a nationality thing, it's a race thing.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Well yes of course it was necessary you plum! I was making a point and backed it up with hard evidence. It wasn't difficult and that was just the threads on first page of 50+ from the search. Also at least one poster has started multiple threads on Jim.
    The house rules on here are if you want to make a comment on someone then find an existing thread if there is one.
    Nothing to do with the fact that it was 'Paulie' who started the thread in the first place then? No, thought not!!

How long did it actually take you to track down the 7 'Jim Davidson' threads to make your point??!!

I'm sure that if it was one of the 'chosen few' or 'golden generation' you'd never have even bothered having a dig about the thread in the first place! YOU PLUM!!
    Eh?
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

cabbles said:

See, I don't understand why that's awkward seeing as they're all English.
    Really?
    It's not a nationality thing, it's a race thing.
    That's what a lot of people want you to continue believing. Divisions keep a lot of very vocal people in a multi billion pound industry.

It also does actual cases of racism zero favours.

Stephen K Amos must leave your head ready to explode with confusion.
    And Paul Choudry
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any ideas as to why you don’t see Jim on Live At The Apollo ?
  • Options
    Because they don't want him possibly? Just a thought!
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Because it's a bit, well, shit? Just a thought, like.

As far as comedy shows/programmes go, it very much falls in to the beige category.
  • Options

Because they don't want him possibly? Just a thought!

I'd suggest waiting for all of the evidence surrounding his non appearances to come to light before jumping to wild conclusions. Has to be the right way to go, surely?
  • Options

There's more people in the world who have not been on Live At The Apollo, than those that have
  • Options

There's more people in the world who have not been on Live At The Apollo, than those that have
    That's a relief - I was beginning to wonder why I haven't appeared on it!
  • Options

That's a relief - I was beginning to wonder why I haven't appeared on it!
    Stress not, you're in very good company bud
  • Options
    He makes me laugh......don’t give a flying f what anyone thinks of him or me because of it.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z2Cb-P-wNk

always watched on sat nights as a kid. Made my day when I found out he was a charlton fan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    don't blame him with the london comments the mans a knob and not very good at his job. 

not coming to charlton games - bit ridiculous as im sure he gets hospitality, so him not being there does not make a difference. 
  • Options
    He seems bothered about somebody who has nothing to do with the club when a better reason not to go might be the owner!
  • Options
    who gives a stuff. 
  • Options
    Did he specifically say he ain't going to watch Charlton again, or that he don't fancy going into London again? Cant see, I don't have Twitter
  • Options
    don't blame him with the london comments the mans a knob and not very good at his job. 

not coming to charlton games - bit ridiculous as im sure he gets hospitality, so him not being there does not make a difference. 
    While I don't agree with the blame Sadiq gets for the rise in crime (the police cuts aren't his idea), I do feel he is just an arrogant pr*ck focused on pushing himself into the limelight
  • Options
    Did he specifically say he ain't going to watch Charlton again, or that he don't fancy going into London again? Cant see, I don't have Twitter
    London.