Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jim Davidson

Comments

• edited March 2018

He is a talented natural presenter, much more talented at that than as a stand up, with a chip on his shoulder that he thinks is on everybody else's shoulder. Which is a shame really as it damages him more than anybody else. Today, a white man doing Chalky impressions is a bit offensive - we may see it differently but I see it as us moving on, not going backwards. We shouldn't judge him from when he originally did them - watch some of Lenny Henry's early stuff - it was of its time.

Ah lenny henry... a whole career based on 1 shitty accent
  • I will watch him tonight with Piers Morgan who I don't rate. Big CAFC fan, that must mean something, choose your own something.
  • Al Murray the "pub landlord" is funny and his views are the total opposite of Al Murray the Europhile. Jim Davidson on stage and off are very similar characters. You pay your money and take your choice.
  • He's got some lovely associates
  • Forget Jimbo the biggest dick is Piers Morgan

No, reckon there's parity there mate.
  • edited March 2018
    Riviera said:

Was it really necessary to start yet another thread on Jim?

Can we start a thread on him when he turns 90?
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched the interview and incredibly came across even worse than I expected - Piers Morgan is hopeless at interviewing.

Jim seems to have a huge chip on his shoulder and be obsessed with money. Still has to win a prize for the worst ever West Indian.

Despite all the stuff that's gone on in his life he gave very little insight and seemed reluctant to drop the front - somebody a little less sycophantic than Piers might have got somewhere.

• Is the son in the audience the one who ‘posts on this site’?
  • JaShea99 said:

Is the son in the audience the one who ‘posts on this site’?

Yes. Fred4 used to post on here.

No Charlton mention at all.

• I really enjoyed it and Fred well done mate on bring so honest when interviewed. Liked the comment from him about his dislike of Belgians
  • I heard that Jeremy Clarkson is going to host the revamped Who wants to be a millionaire ( true) . So it wouldn’t be so far fetched if Jim was to bring back Big Break . I’d definitely watch it.
  • Just watched it. Morgan was awful but I thought Jim came across great, but then I always do. Ok so it may have been edited but there was nothing in the transmission for anyone to walk out over.
  • I heard that Jeremy Clarkson is going to host the revamped Who wants to be a millionaire ( true) . So it wouldn’t be so far fetched if Jim was to bring back Big Break . I’d definitely watch it.

Virgo is a bit knackered now after he fell out of a boat in a pantomime (or something equally bizarre). I thought he was funnier than JD on the show.
  • Seems like a troubled guy.. yes hes a comic but the constant banter after or during every comment becamed tiring very quick.

Its easy to be hypercritical in 2018 though when everyone is so easliy offened.. hes obviously of a generation and tbh I found it pretty heart breaking at times as it was like watching my dad who is kinda the same but without the ability to make you laugh and pay you off.
  • shine166 said:

Seems like a troubled guy.. yes hes a comic but the constant banter after or during every comment becamed tiring very quick.

Its easy to be hypercritical in 2018 though when everyone is so easliy offened.. hes obviously of a generation and tbh I found it pretty heart breaking at times as it was like watching my dad who is kinda the same but without the ability to make you laugh and pay you off.

He came across to me as having a huge chip on his shoulder and wasn't willing to talk seriously about anything - Morgan gave him an easy ride.

As you say he doesn't seem terribly happy and I'm sure he was a fearful drunk. A man of a different time.....

• shine166 said:

Seems like a troubled guy.. yes hes a comic but the constant banter after or during every comment becamed tiring very quick.

He came across to me as having a huge chip on his shoulder and wasn't willing to talk seriously about anything - Morgan gave him an easy ride.

As you say he doesn't seem terribly happy and I'm sure he was a fearful drunk. A man of a different time.....

Id say thats a front, take away the chip and guys like that are broken men.
  • Sponsored links:

• He's sitting opposite Piers Morgan just about to talk about his private life, which has obviously been plagued with one thing or another. I'm not sure about a chip on his shoulder, but I'm pretty sure he was very nervous as to what PM was gonna delve into? It looked to me as though he kept going back to the subject of money to detract from taking too many questions regarding his relationships and, in particular, the one with Alison Holloway (Would this have been part of the conditions he put in place to do the interview?). And, at the end of the day, the bloke's had to pay out millions over the years for one thing or another and, whether you think it was his fault or not, that's gonna play on his mind a bit I'd have though.

Being arrested in connection with Yewtree looks to have had a massive effect on him an all.

As said above, a troubled bloke, who I thought looked like he wanted to open up a bit more.
  • I find it sad how despite the amount of work he done for the british army and also charity work went more or less unmentioned until the end , yet they wanted dig him out , thought it all a bit like they were having a pop at him throughout. Piers Morgan a complete bell end
  • Blimey. Lot of amature psychiatrists on here...

CL is truly blessed!
  • Still a truly funny man and a nice bloke need more Jim Davidson’s in the world

Jimbo with Bernard Manning would have been a great double act.
  • edited March 2018

Blimey. Lot of amature psychiatrists on here...

CL is truly blessed!

Yer, well blessed that some of us have had some shitty parts of our lives that lead to therapy. I can only speak as someone that grew up watching my piss head dad punch fuck out of my mum and smash the gaff to pieces.
  • Don’t understand all the ‘Pier Morgan’s a twat’ comments like it’s some sort of revelation. Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last 10 years you’d know he’s one of the biggest idiots on TV.
  • JaShea99 said:

Don’t understand all the ‘Pier Morgan’s a twat’ comments like it’s some sort of revelation. Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last 10 years you’d know he’s one of the biggest idiots on TV.

... and last night was actually the best hes ever come across in a interview