Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jim Davidson

Comments

• edited March 2018
    I like him too but in defence of the people who walked out I know for a fact that people who get tickets to the Piers Morgan show dont know until the day who the guest is.
  • Me n’all.

He came to my christening apparently and used to go out with my other half’s mum before he was famous.

The last bit ain’t too surprising though as he shagged half the birds in Eltham it seems.
  • This has become the 'I like Jim Davidson' thread - perhaps we should make badges.
  • edited March 2018
    Jim Davidson the man with more ex Wag's than Henry the Vlll.
  • Jim Davidson the man with more ex wives than Henry the Vlll.

I think that is factually incorrect.
  • BR3red said:

Uboat said:

I think he knew what he was doing. Obviously desperate for publicity.

Why wouldn't you if invited to go on that show?

Hardly going to talk about the cost of carrots?
    There's a middle ground between the cost of carrots and doing a shit West Indian accent that results in people walking out. That's obvious.
    So he's either stupid or was deliberately courting controversy, although I suppose both is also an option.
  • I watched the Damned with Alan Davis and Jo Brand the other week and thought it was not only the worst acting I've ever seen, but is based on a subject that I find hard to laugh (a children's social services department of a local authority), especially in light of the last few years, but I just won't watch it again.
  • I think that was meant for the Alan Davies and Jo Brand thread. Strange mistake for a moderator to make.
  • Uboat said:

I think that was meant for the Alan Davies and Jo Brand thread. Strange mistake for a moderator to make.

Sorry, the point being, if you don't like it, don't watch. Be like me
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton Nil
  • edited March 2018
    Riviera said:

Jim Davidson the man with more ex wives than Henry the Vlll.

I think that is factually incorrect.
    I have now changed from comic hyperbole to factual accurately.
  • Uboat said:

I think that was meant for the Alan Davies and Jo Brand thread. Strange mistake for a moderator to make.

But you tell us frequently how much you don't like the BBC...yet still watch it.

;-)
  • Uboat said:

But you tell us frequently how much you don't like the BBC...yet still watch it.

;-)
    I never watched this interview mate, I'm just answering comments on here.

Although I do sometimes watch the BBC. Tell me, do you use the M25?
  • Stig said:

GD78 said:

I like him too but in defence of the people who walked out I know for a fact that people who get tickets to the Piers Morgan show dont know until the day who the guest is.

So in fact there's no story at all here. Some people got some tickets to a show not knowing what they were going to get. It turned out they didn't like what they were offered and followed Ibborgs 'be like me' principle and decided not to watch. No shock-horror, no conspiracy, nothing unusual, abnormal or noteworthy.
    If that's the case, fair enough.

So it weren't because of a bad accent @Uboat
  • edited March 2018
    Oh no. It's got to "mate" on a Jim Davidson thread. Can Makro's car park be far behind?
  • Uboat said:

;-)

Only when my helicopter's in for its service. What a strange analogy but hey ho.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018

Uboat said:

;-)

Only when my helicopter's in for its service. What a strange analogy but hey ho.
    No it's not - because you use something, doesn't always mean you like it.

I call everyone mate, @Wheresmeticket? , I find it polite and it hopefully sets the tone, when you can't listen to or see the person making the point.

Anyway, back to JD.
  • Like moths to a flame, tiddles to catnip. Like Roland when Kool and the Gang come on the jukebox... they just cannot help it.

What was gong to happen when someone opens a Jim Davidson thread on CL? Like a takeover thread, I know what's going to happen, they know what's going to happen... IS THERE ANY FUCKING FOOTBALL TODAY?
  • What Jimbo, Brexit and is calling your mates mum a slag ok, to name just 3 threads that splits the CL masses tells me is that ? The only thing some of us have in common is wanting Charlton Athletic to win matches.
  • edited March 2018

Stig said:

GD78 said:

So in fact there's no story at all here. Some people got some tickets to a show not knowing what they were going to get. It turned out they didn't like what they were offered and followed Ibborgs 'be like me' principle and decided not to watch. No shock-horror, no conspiracy, nothing unusual, abnormal or noteworthy.
    If that's the case, fair enough.

So it weren't because of a bad accent @Uboat
    As I understand it they didn't think 'Oh shit, it's Jim Davidson' and walk out. It was when he wheeled out his Chalky impression that they left.

BTW I didn't watch it and never would. I'm not outraged. To me it was entirely predictable behaviour from a sad old man.
  • edited March 2018
    He is a talented natural presenter, much more talented at that than as a stand up, with a chip on his shoulder that he thinks is on everybody else's shoulder. Which is a shame really as it damages him more than anybody else. Today, a white man doing Chalky impressions is a bit offensive - we may see it differently but I see it as us moving on, not going backwards. We shouldn't judge him from when he originally did them - watch some of Lenny Henry's early stuff - it was of its time.
  • He is a talented natural presenter, much more talented at that than as a stand up, with a chip on his shoulder that he thinks is on everybody else's shoulder. Which is a shame really as it damages him more than anybody else. Today, a white man doing Chalky impressions is a bit offensive - we may see it differently but I see it as us moving on, not going backwards. We shouldn't judge him from when he originally did them - watch some of Lenny Henry's early stuff - it was of its time.

His stand up persona is not a reflection of him as a person, the same way the 'pub landlord' character is not a reflection of who Al Murray is.

Jim's a great bloke.
  • I saw him a couple of years ago and was expecting more content/jokes. I'm not averse to bad taste dirty jokes. His act seemed to me to be one aimed at people like him with chips on their shoulders. Wasn't it great then and shit now. We are being taken over by Greenham common lesbians etc...