Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Overrated films.

Comments

• Options
    Any LOTR or HOBBIT film
  • Options

Any Tarantino film.

What on earth is all the fuss about?

Utter attention seeking drivel.

Don't get it either. It's all very sleek and it's all homage to old films and film genres I haven't seen, but his films tend to lack characters and interesting plots.

Also, he's an asshole.
  • Options
    I don't watch a ton of films, but going through the list of best picture nominees in recent years:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Award_for_Best_Picture#2000s

Million Dollar Baby: I just didn't find it particularly interesting. And whatever our societal and cultural ills are, I've never thought the answer was "more boxing movies."

Munich: It was soooooo long and I think I forgot who the characters were about halfway through.

The Departed: I just didn't find it particularly interesting. And whatever our societal and cultural ills are, I've never thought the answer was "more boxing mob/corrupt cop movies."

This exercise taught me that I stopped watching films around 2010.
  • Options
    Forest Gump
  • Options
    All of them except 'The Big Lebowsky'
  • Options
    Blair Witch Project
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Any LOTR or HOBBIT film

Agreed.

The Revenant - utter garbage
    The Shape of Water
    Get Out

Anything with Matt Damon in....
  • Options
    Tron
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Citizen Kane
    Fight Club
    North by northwest ????????
    Eternal Sunshine of the spotless Mind
    The Shape of Water
    Sister Act
    All the Star Wars films apart from the first.

Get real!
    I hated it . It bored me rigid which is unusual because I love most of Hitchcock’s films.
    Bored you? It's fast moving, loads of twists, brilliant humour and Cary Grant and James Mason! I think you are getting mixed up with another film or you haven't seen it or you saw it when you were too young to understand it. Mind you, you also had Citizen Kane on your list so maybe you're beyond help...
    Do me a favour Chirpy . Stop criticising everything I say it’s becoming boring. Just like North by Northwest. #Obsessed
  • Options
    Talal said:

Sure this was done recently... Anyway I said The Godfather then and I'll say it again now.

Blasphemer!

The Godfather is easily the greatest film ever made.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Citizen Kane
    Fight Club
    The Shape of Water
    Sister Act

Get real!
    I hated it . It bored me rigid which is unusual because I love most of Hitchcock’s films.
    Bored you? It's fast moving, loads of twists, brilliant humour and Cary Grant and James Mason! I think you are getting mixed up with another film or you haven't seen it or you saw it when you were too young to understand it. Mind you, you also had Citizen Kane on your list so maybe you're beyond help...
    Do me a favour Chirpy . Stop criticising everything I say it’s becoming boring. Just like North by Northwest. #Obsessed
    Well stop talking crap and trying to be controversial for the sake of it.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Talal said:

Sure this was done recently... Anyway I said The Godfather then and I'll say it again now.

Blasphemer!

Nah. In the words of Peter Griffin "it insists on itself".

Blazing Saddles is the greatest film ever made.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Citizen Kane
    Fight Club
    The Shape of Water
    Sister Act

Get real!
    Well stop talking crap and trying to be controversial for the sake of it.
    Try selling that beer @Chirpy Red instead of drinking it. You might become a nicer person .
  • Options
    Titanic. James Cameron version.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

bobmunro said:

Talal said:

Blasphemer!

We agree to disagree on The Godfather. I would also add that Godfather 2 is the second best film of all time (we'll draw a veil over Godfather 3).

Blazing Saddles is up there as one of the best and for me the second best comedy ever made - but nothing beats Life of Brian in that category.

• Options
    bobmunro said:

McBobbin said:

bobmunro said:

Talal said:

Blasphemer!

We agree to disagree on The Godfather. I would also add that Godfather 2 is the second best film of all time (we'll draw a veil over Godfather 3).

Blazing Saddles is up there as one of the best and for me the second best comedy ever made - but nothing beats Life of Brian in that category.

Love the first two Godfathers. The third was a mistake .
    As for Mel brooks i would put Young Frankenstein as the overrated bracket too. Saw it for the first time last year and couldn’t see what the fuss was all about .
  • Options

bobmunro said:

McBobbin said:

bobmunro said:

Talal said:

Blasphemer!

Love the first two Godfathers. The third was a mistake .
    As for Mel brooks i would put Young Frankenstein as the overrated bracket too. Saw it for the first time last year and couldn’t see what the fuss was all about .
    Other than the brilliant Blazing Saddles I think all Mel Brooks films are pretty lame.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    A few random films that bore/annoy me include Babel, Crash, The Kings Speech and The English Patient. I also saw Black Panther last week with my son. Some of the reviews have been so over the top it's embarrassing. I know it's important that the cast is largely black but other than that it's just a middle of the road Marvel film not an epoch changer.
  • Options
    The Shape Of Water- biggest pile of crap I've ever seen.
  • Options
    Spirited Away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Moon
  • Options
    Four Weddings and a Funeral

Love Actually

Notting Hill

Bridget Jones ........

.... You get the picture
  • Options
    Dunkirk
  • Options
    Titanic.....absolute shyte.
  • Options
    Withnail and I

• Options
    Usual suspects
    Shawshank redemption both aimless drivel only critically acclaimed cos nobody wants to admit they don’t get it There’s nothing to get neither makes any sense 2 hours of life you won’t get back
    Empire Strikes Back = 10 minutes of plot plus 2 hours of filler
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

Artificial Intelligence and fucking Vanilla Sky

Normally really enjoyed Cameron Crowe’s movies but what the hell was he thinking with Vanilla Sky. 2001: Space Odyssey and Being John Malkovich, make you wonder what the critics are smoking.

Fumbluff said:

Artificial Intelligence and fucking Vanilla Sky

Normally really enjoyed Cameron Crowe’s movies but what the hell was he thinking with Vanilla Sky. 2001: Space Odyssey and Being John Malkovich, make you wonder what the critics are smoking.
    agree with 2001. its supposed to be a sci fi classic and im the biggest geek going but I think wtf is this
  • Options
    Love Quentin Tarantino films, not for any high minded reason other than I find them really entertaining.

I think the Coen Brothers films are massively overrated (bar The Big Lebowski - which is a cracker) and I think Tim Burton is almost totally shit, seems to be loved just because of his really alternative style to me. Don't get it.
  • Options

Dunkirk

Didn't like it, but tempted to see it again in case I was missing something.
  • Options

Usual suspects
    Shawshank redemption both aimless drivel only critically acclaimed cos nobody wants to admit they don’t get it There’s nothing to get neither makes any sense 2 hours of life you won’t get back
    Empire Strikes Back = 10 minutes of plot plus 2 hours of filler

Usual Suspects is class.

And the only thing we dont get is your sentence about Shawshank Redemption.