Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Breakfast in Greenwich

Looking for recommendations for a café that serves good cooked English breakfast in Greenwich. Anywhere from Trafalgar Road to railway station (Greenwich). To me the most important thing about a full English is the sausage so if you know anywhere that serves quality ones rather than bland supermarket frozen ones I'd love to know.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Plumtree Cafe (Greenwich high road) is highly recommended. Not been for a long time though. They serve Heaps Sausages, you can also eat in Heaps itself across the road on Nevada street.

• Heaps is pretty good, and if you have a tastecard it's two for one.
    http://heapssausages.com/
  • Riviera said:

Looking for recommendations for a café that serves good cooked English breakfast in Greenwich. Anywhere from Trafalgar Road to railway station (Greenwich). To me the most important thing about a full English is the sausage so if you know anywhere that serves quality ones rather than bland supermarket frozen ones I'd love to know.

Many thanks.

Read the title and assumed it was something about a sequel to the film Breakfast at Tiffany's.

• Two or three small and nice cafes opposite Hardy’s pub. Take your pick.
  • Curb_It said:

Plumtree Cafe (Greenwich high road) is highly recommended. Not been for a long time though. They serve Heaps Sausages, you can also eat in Heaps itself across the road on Nevada street.

I second this recommendation. Also, they do the best tea in the business (from Joe's Tea Co.).
  • I know this doesn't answer your question but @Len\'s_little_girl and I had a nice fry up at the Cafe across the road from The Long Pond prior to coming in for a pint one Saturday.
  • Do you eat meat & dairy (including eggs)?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018
    I'm suprised your being fussy about bland frozen sausages, because juding by your profile pic it would seem you enjoy eating pies from a can.

• I'm suprised your being fussy about bland frozen sausages, because juding by your profile pic it would seem you like pies from a can.

The Fray Bentos steak and kidney pies you got years ago were something else...
  • LenGlover said:

I'm suprised your being fussy about bland frozen sausages, because juding by your profile pic it would seem you like pies from a can.

The Fray Bentos steak and kidney pies you got years ago were something else...
    Probably something other than steak and kidney, I'll give you that!

That said, I've had many a Fray Bentos pie and survived to tell the tale.

Wibble.
  • you shouldnt be eating that crap, a whole plant diet is required.

I don't get it
  • Thank you, Heaps looks the best bet for us.

Cheers
  • Riviera said:

Thank you, Heaps looks the best bet for us.

Cheers

Went to Heaps a couple of weeks ago - very nice breakfast. Gets very crowded as It's very small.

I don't get it </blockquote

You might if you don't eat a whole food plant based diet.
    Others on here are now in the know lol.

Well said!