Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Car died, looking for temp run around (Help needed)

Had a absolute disaster yesterday, was down in bristol when the engine in my car broke down.

Had to get the train home and now completly stuck for getting to work (work at a zoo and is only really accessable by car)

I'm looking for a very cheap run around, just for a month or two.. Mot isn't the end of the world if its minor issues

Does anyone know anybody who could potentially help out?

Looking on Facebook and the obvious places.

Thank you

Comments

• Might get the hump trying to drive that :(
  • Couldn't the Zoo lend you a camel?

That reminds me of a quality joke about a bloke who used to ride a camel to work everyday in London, before it was stolen.

• Spare golf buggy at the Zoo you could borrow. When no one is looking of course ;-)
  • edited March 2018
    cfgs said:

Couldn't the Zoo lend you a camel?

That reminds me of a quality joke about a bloke who used to ride a camel to work everyday in London, before it was stolen.

Not the one where the police asked what sex it was is it?
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

I don't drive or have any car contacts but that must be brilliant working at a zoo? Naming baby elephants "youds" then making shit up to tell school kids about the name being Kenyan for "strong willed " or some other bollox.

What Zoo do you work at?

I think he said on another occasion that it was in the Bermondsey area...

:wink:
    Bermondsey zoo? Millwall?
  • Ask Justin20474.....I think he may have just the car you're looking for.
  • I don't know about cars but I do know the difference between a crane and a giraffe.

One's got hydraulics and the others got high bollocks (might work better if read in a Scottish accent).
  • sent you a pm Charltonaddickedmatt
  • Ask Justin20474.....I think he may have just the car you're looking for.

Sometimes it's worth spending that extra moment reading a few of the previous posts first.
  • edited March 2018

Ask Justin20474.....I think he may have just the car you're looking for.

Sometimes it's worth spending that extra moment reading a few of the previous posts first.
    No, keep it going, I love being noticed :wink:
  • red10 said:

cfgs said:

Couldn't the Zoo lend you a camel?

Not the one where the police asked what sex it was is it?
    Yes
  • edited March 2018
    ford garage on sangley road in Catford sells cheap cars. I paid 450 for mine back in November. They MOT it on the day you buy it so you will get a years MOT and my car runs like a dream. They have been there years there business is predominarly repair work but they also fix up cars to sell.

5 months in my car has not had a single problem they take real pride in their work.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018
    Do they have an online gallery @Northstandpieeater

Found it, no gallery of stock cars, but may send my mate over there that is in a similar position to the OP.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Do they have an online gallery @Northstandpieeater

Im afraid not its a spit and sawdust type operation but don't let that put you off. Reason I use them is a few years ago I brought an old banger from a dealer and it went wrong almost straight away. they replaced wing mirror, put in a whole new clutch and a couple of other minor things for less the 250. When I needed another car (I had to give up previous one) they were my first port of call. Contact details below

The Ford Fix Centre

30 Sangley Road, Catford, Catford, SE6 2JH

02086 959539
  • Some stuff here. Don't think it's a gallery per se

http://ford-fix-centre.business.site