Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton players in racism storm (video in The Sun).....

Comments

• Options

Suggests a lot of our players are really dumb and to cap it all they decide to film it. Surprised Karl wasn't in the video.

Would love to hear what they say about the supporters?

They're clearly joking about. Why would this mean they take the piss out of our own supporters?????
    Why film stuff when you're pissed and in the public eye - It's not very bright and people will argue about whether you are joking or not.

If for example they took the piss out of the fans which they might do in private as a bit of banter then filming it wouldn't be the brightest thing either.

Nobody looks good when they're pissed...
    I do.
    So do I. I look like James Bond when I'm pissed.
  • Options
    Not a great video. This is the sort of thing that out of context is at best, humour that wildly misses the mark, and at worst, is racism.

However, I can't comment on the relationships within our first team squad as I don't know them at all, so I'm really really really hoping this is all a massive joke they all find funny and leads directly to an upturn in team bonding and results.

Who films this shit anyway? Muppets.
  • Options
    A bit embarrassing really

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Roger Johnson at the age of 34 should know better.
    he was bang out of order, and his live comments were a disgrace.
    as a footballer at Charlton, he was one of the biggest donkeys we have
    ever had playing at the valley, so he has no right to criticise others.
    all the others should be men and apologise or learn to hold their booze in future.
  • Options

I find it embarrassing without the racial undertones that you'd be calling each other c***s on a night out and calling someone's mother a slag. That's bad enough for me. Put's the Club in a very bad light and can't see why anyone would consider it a non story. Footballers are as thick as a brick. Personally think it's shocking behaviour but I'm not surprised.

I accept people say dumb things when they're pissed - I'm assuming it's banter however crass it is but if It's taken out of context it looks bad however you dress it up

Does nobody give players any advice about social media and not filming stuff?
  • Options
    edited March 2018

I find it embarrassing without the racial undertones that you'd be calling each other c***s on a night out and calling someone's mother a slag. That's bad enough for me. Put's the Club in a very bad light and can't see why anyone would consider it a non story. Footballers are as thick as a brick. Personally think it's shocking behaviour but I'm not surprised.

And there’s the nail on head Large - footballers are thick as a brick. They’re young, they’re pissed, they’re conditioned in a social media age so they film their ‘banter’ and hey presto it gets put into public domain. Yes, I agree it doesn’t reflect well on our club but you can bet your house on players at ninety one other clubs deleting shit from their accounts as we speak.
  • Options
    Any idea who leaked it?
  • Options
    Not gonna be too judgemental about this except to say that, over-hyped non-story or not, Roger Johnson strikes me as a total arsehole (not that he didn't already).

In fact, ironically, I'd say he fits in with most of the negative stereotypes that people attach to members of the travelling community.
  • Options

some of the shit that goes on with WhatsApp and dressing room chat that I’ve been witness too (and sometimes involved in) would make a few people weep if the reaction on here is anything to go by.

Players like Chris Solly are up for taking the piss and receiving the piss, but they’d also be the first to defend players like Kennedy on a Saturday afternoon if it kicked off.

We seem to care more on here because it involves Charlton. I’m guessing 99% of the footballing world will be oblivious to all this or will even remember it in a weeks time.

I'm just surprised how clueless people are with the use of social media- especially public figures. Why create grief for yourself if you don't have to ?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Any idea who leaked it?

A leak from a football club @Swisdom :-)
  • Options

After 40 years, I'm gonna start buying The Sun, just so I can stop buying it

I'm sure that I read somewhere that you used to be a dealer?!?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

The worst thing is that the Sun probably knows this is a non-story, but they're reporting it in order to provoke a reaction, and then provoke a reaction to the reaction, and then hey presto, everyone's sensationalised

Are you saying it is all fake news? You think the story here is the Sun?

It is disgusting and shameful and embarrassing behaviour and makes a mockery of everything the club has been trying to strive towards for the last number of years.

Also, if this took place in January they were not in the close season; or is it the case they were all on the injured list. I know 30 or 40 years ago professional English footballers would get off their heads like that after a Saturday match but in this day and age I am truly shocked to see professional athletes behave like this. If that was a Saturday they would not have been in a state to do a proper training session until the middle of the following week. Second rate professional athletes and second rate footballers and second rate humans.

What does it say about team spirit and morale? It seems beyond banter to me. Seems incredibly poor management to allow that level of disrespect between teammates to develop. Second rate players, second rate people, second rate manager and second rate owners. Charlton's name is being dragged through the mud at the moment.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

If this was Millwall or Palace players people would want them strung up

Yeah, Big Bad World is a bit slow today.
  • Options
    Would expect better from some of the players in that Vid especially Solly who is current captain. What you say to your mates is fair enough but when your a footballer in the public eye, shit organisations and media outlets like the Sun will always do their best to cause as much damage as possible . Should use their brains
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Literally every 20-something male calls their mates c in the most endearing but aggressive way they possibly can.

Complete non story, anyone getting upset with this needs to get a life.
    Agreed... Me and my mates call each other that all the time in a joking competitive tone whenever we're home playing FIFA etc.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Literally every 20-something male calls their mates c in the most endearing but aggressive way they possibly can.

i think it was more the irish c and pikey that people were getting offended by - i could be wrong.
  • Options

Literally every 20-something male calls their mates cunt in the most endearing but aggressive way they possibly can.

Does that include Robinson when he mentions it in his press conference on Thursday?