Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 18/19

Comments

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

*whispers Mason Rudolph quietly, in the hope that the Jags can pick him up late round 2*

Really impressed with the way he understands and reads routes: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000919190/Combine-Whiteboard-Mason-Rudolph-with-Steve-Mariucci

Murmurs that a few teams rank him as QB #2 - wouldn't be surprised to see five QBs go in Round 1.
  • Options
    Frank Gore to the Dolphins. Him and Kenyan Drake in that backfield looks tasty.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Frank Gore to the Dolphins. Him and Kenyan Drake in that backfield looks tasty.

They just need a QB now.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Sooo.... Allen Hurns signs with the Cowboys. Not sure how to feel about it. We really did need help at WR but I was warming to the idea of drafting for that particular need.
  • Options

Sooo.... Allen Hurns signs with the Cowboys. Not sure how to feel about it. We really did need help at WR but I was warming to the idea of drafting for that particular need.

Good addition. Was hoping he'd get to the Ravens.
  • Options
    Someone is going to reach for Rudolph. Till the combine he was looking at 4/5th round. Could end up a low end start/high end back up but a risky pick high.
  • Options

Good addition. Was hoping he'd get to the Ravens.
    Good addition when fit. Big big caveat tbf.
  • Options

Someone is going to reach for Rudolph. Till the combine he was looking at 4/5th round. Could end up a low end start/high end back up but a risky pick high.

Some teams rate him second behind Darnold. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Cards or Steelers take him. Or maybe even the Bills.
  • Options
    Brock osweiler to the dolphins
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was just reading some stuff about the draft and came across Bob Hayes, one of the strangest yet most successful drafts ever

I then got onto Carl Lewis. I think it's fairly well known that he was drafted by the Cowboys but I had absolutely no idea that he had also been picked in the NBA draft by the Bulls in the same year
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Cody Kessler to the Jags @PaddyP17, think you can get something out of him if Bortles gets crocked?
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Cody Kessler to the Jags @PaddyP17, think you can get something out of him if Bortles gets crocked?

Nice move that
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Yes. Bortles has improved well since we drafted him, and considering he's not actually been a QB all that long (will forgive second half of 2016 as he developed wrist tendinitis). Our FO also managed to snag Kessler for a 7th round conditional, which is a very cheap trade for someone who's started in the NFL; is still young; and is cheap.

That said, he might be lucky to get through pre-season, in which case we'll cut him and not give up a conditional pick - hopefully his mentality can be rebuilt by our coaching staff. Who knows.

But as trades go, given the cost, this will do nicely. I reckon we'll draft a mid-round QB as well for competition and see where things are come September.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    https://sports.yahoo.com/ex-ram-isaiah-pead-aiming-142449108.html?utm_content=socialflow&utm_campaign=yahoosports&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social

Had no idea he'd lost a leg (edit: or at least, part of it). Here's hoping he can reach the top of this new game
  • Options
    The Los Angeles Rams have acquired receiver Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick in a trade with the New England Patriots, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported. The Rams are sending their first-round pick in the upcoming draft (No. 23 selection) and a sixth-round pick to the Patriots, Garafolo added.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    MrOneLung said:

The Los Angeles Rams have acquired receiver Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick in a trade with the New England Patriots, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported. The Rams are sending their first-round pick in the upcoming draft (No. 23 selection) and a sixth-round pick to the Patriots, Garafolo added.

That's crazy. Is a 1st too much? Completes that team though. I got the Rams at 25/1 for the Superbowl two months ago. Doubt it'll be that high now.

• Options

MrOneLung said:

That's crazy. Is a 1st too much? Completes that team though. I got the Rams at 25/1 for the Superbowl two months ago. Doubt it'll be that high now.

I guess OBJ isn't heading to LA then. 100's of hours of mock draft work just ruined by that trade :-)
  • Options
    Wonder what that means for NE? Trading to get a higher pick for a QB? Opening up cap for a big signing like OBJ? Lots of big players have left them this offseason
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    sam3110 said:

Wonder what that means for NE? Trading to get a higher pick for a QB? Opening up cap for a big signing like OBJ? Lots of big players have left them this offseason

OBJ to New England would be a head turner. Still not sure they'd have the cap space and can't imagine Belichick and OBJ getting on that we'll.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the Pats are looking to get their Brady successor in this draft.
  • Options
    RG3 to the Ravens
  • Options
    cafcbrown said:

RG3 to the Ravens

Kaepernick's case strengthens.
  • Options

cafcbrown said:

RG3 to the Ravens

Well, he's suing the league and several owners. I don't think there's a way back while you're doing that.
  • Options
    It's a disgrace he isn't playing the NFL should be ashamed of itself
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

cafcbrown said:

RG3 to the Ravens

Well, he's suing the league and several owners. I don't think there's a way back while you're doing that.
    That case would be dropped the moment he signed with a team. He's better than most of the backup QBs being signed up. As he was last offseason.
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

cafcbrown said:

RG3 to the Ravens

That case would be dropped the moment he signed with a team. He's better than most of the backup QBs being signed up. As he was last offseason.
    Bit of an impasse though - if he drops the suit he *might* get signed; if he doesn't he definitely won't; being treated unfairly regardless...
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I think he knows whatever he does he's never playing in the NFL again. He's doing the right thing in my eyes. Good luck Colin

He should just go into court and say I rest my Case.....(Keenum $20mill)
  • Options

I think he knows whatever he does he's never playing in the NFL again. He's doing the right thing in my eyes. Good luck Colin

He should just go into court and say I rest my Case.....(Keenum $20mill)

Keenum’s last season is as good if not better than Kaep’s best.
  • Options
    Kaepernick will end up playing in the XFL or something