Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 18/19

Comments

• Options
    Four seconds left. Can the Chiefs respond?
  • Options
    My god. What. A. Win
  • Options
    Nope. What a win for the Chargers. They were 28-14 down with only a few minutes left.
  • Options
    Chargers have won 11 of 12 and are now probably the team to beat in the AFC and maybe the NFL.
  • Options
    I swear every time we get to a 14 point lead we stop playing and start “protecting”, but we’re not good enough at it. It’s like they can see what’s happening but are powerless to stop it.
    We were noticeably weaker without Berry in the later stages, highlighted by some poor decision making from the safeties.
    Really want to moan about the BS call for pass interference in the end zone with 8 seconds left but also feel we got away with one just before with the hit on Rivers.

Congrats on the massive balls the Chargers had to go for two at the end though.

Chiefs annual playoff choke starting early this year? I hope not.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Chiefs on pace to give up 465 points on defense this year. They are the 1980s Chargers all over again. The Chargers were exciting and won 11-12 games per season but always lost in the playoffs. Until the Chiefs get a real-D, they will just be great entertainment, not a great team when it counts.
  • Options

I swear every time we get to a 14 point lead we stop playing and start “protecting”, but we’re not good enough at it. It’s like they can see what’s happening but are powerless to stop it.
    We were noticeably weaker without Berry in the later stages, highlighted by some poor decision making from the safeties.
    Really want to moan about the BS call for pass interference in the end zone with 8 seconds left but also feel we got away with one just before with the hit on Rivers.

Congrats on the massive balls the Chargers had to go for two at the end though.

Chiefs annual playoff choke starting early this year? I hope not.

Protecting a lead is what Reid does. It's one of the reasons he gets teams to the playoffs but no further. Seattle next week. It's not looking good.
  • Options
    What a game and a bold and brave decision from the Chargers to go for it is rewarded.

Mahomes is unreal. MVP.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Chargers are an amazing side, but for some reason I just can’t see them winning the SB.
    Chiefs too, I know Williams and Ware have been putting up points, but they haven’t got that elite tier RB after the hunt incident, which Highlights their flaws on D more.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Chargers are an amazing side, but for some reason I just can’t see them winning the SB.
    Chiefs too, I know Williams and Ware have been putting up points, but they haven’t got that elite tier RB after the hunt incident, which Highlights their flaws on D more.

Agreed - I think the winner will come from the NFC this year. Saints and Rams are the obvious candidates but I wouldn't rule out the Seahawks or Cowboys either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great game just saw the hours highlights on sky. Never discount the Patriots when talking of potential winners.
  • Options

Great game just saw the hours highlights on sky. Never discount the Patriots when talking of potential winners.

That's more wishful thinking on my part. If I pretend they don't exist, they can't win it.
  • Options
    Side note. It seemed at one point every player on the field was called Williams.
    Lost count how many times I heard the commentators say Williams this, Williams that, both teams too
  • Options
    Rumblings come out of Philadephia that apparently, Carson Wentz fractured his back and results of scans indicating this were in some way withheld from him.

If (big if) this is true, then we're looking at a sea change within that organisation. The source is a well respected Philly journalist, and while it's unlikely the injury was deliberately hidden so Carson played through it, things would go to shit if any malice were involved.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Rumblings come out of Philadephia that apparently, Carson Wentz fractured his back and results of scans indicating this were in some way withheld from him.

If (big if) this is true, then we're looking at a sea change within that organisation. The source is a well respected Philly journalist, and while it's unlikely the injury was deliberately hidden so Carson played through it, things would go to shit if any malice were involved.

Heard that too. Sounds like they've given up on the season and will shut him down / put him on IR.
  • Options
    Anyone else waking to another Browns victory or just me? Jabrill Peppers was awesome last night and a first win in Denver this century keeps the season alive!
  • Options
    Woke up at half 3 and caught the last hour. Here we go Brownies!!
  • Options
    I am in the states for Christmas and have tickets for the Bucks v Atlanta for the last game, could be all ears on events in Baltimore now, I expectied a couple of wins but never this!!
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Anyone else waking to another Browns victory or just me? Jabrill Peppers was awesome last night and a first win in Denver this century keeps the season alive!

Good win but that was an awful game to watch.

Texans v Jets was great and good to see Darnold settling in for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

I am in the states for Christmas and have tickets for the Bucks v Atlanta for the last game, could be all ears on events in Baltimore now, I expectied a couple of wins but never this!!

I'd keep an eye on the Steelers. On a big losing streak and the Pats and Saints next for them.
  • Options
    This is going far too well for the Vikings. #Worried.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Stuck on the Dolphins like barnacles.
  • Options
    Cousins just threw a pick 6.#ToldYouSo.
  • Options
    Expected a tough game at Indy and that’s what’s transpired.
  • Options
    Cohen has to be one of the most underrated players in the NFL
  • Options
    Colts doing us over. However a blocked field goal, dropped touchdown and holding penalty on fourth down conversion.

WHEN will we ever learn.

• Options
    This Bears game might be the worst playcalling I’ve seen all year.
  • Options
    Another penalty on fourth down. Game over Cowboys. Sigh.
  • Options
    Breathing a bit easier now with multi sacks on Tannenhill