Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So how are you going to change your diet?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Stevelamb said:

Fumbluff said:

Stevelamb said:

A whole food plant based diet tells you what I eat, being a vegan doesn't.
    So I say I am on a Whole food plant based diet not a Vegan diet.

It doesn’t tell me what you eat at all.
    Please list me out everything you consumed yesterday.
    A large Orange, Two bananas, a Mediterranean salad with added sweetcorn, Mixed nuts and a vegetable dhansak with boiled rice and a small portion of mango chutney and two tins of Guinness. Oh and a hazelnut milk smoothie with added ground flaxseeds with added turmeric and ground black pepper and copious amounts of water.
    The long winter nights must just fly by.

I’m glad you enjoy your diet but you’re pissing in the wind if you think it will buy you extra time.

Agree eating healthily is a good idea but becoming evangelical about a certain diet that quite frankly nobody wants to eat and won’t guarantee you an extra minute on this planet is plain daft.

Don’t you ever eat something non whole food plant or whatever your fad dictates ?

Try a hobnob.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Stevelamb said:

Stevelamb said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

But what if one actually LIKES junk food and find leaves and twigs abhorrent?

Food is a big, essential part of life. Is there not an argument that the quality of one's life is enhanced, and possibly stress levels reduced, if one actually can relax and ENJOY what is eaten rather than hold one's nose and eat as a penance?

I personally would rather have the health benefits as being dead or dying I suspect is also pretty joyless.
    I don’t think dead people are aware they are dead..

• Options
    Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

But what if one actually LIKES junk food and find leaves and twigs abhorrent?

Food is a big, essential part of life. Is there not an argument that the quality of one's life is enhanced, and possibly stress levels reduced, if one actually can relax and ENJOY what is eaten rather than hold one's nose and eat as a penance?

Have you any idea what is in cows milk and cheese?
    Calcium and protein which do me good.

More importantly I enjoy them.

Does that make me a bad person?
    Calcium and protein are not produced by cows.
    Who do I believe?

https://www.livescience.com/36512-experts-explain-milk-health-benefits-risks.html

...."Cow's milk is naturally an excellent source of calcium. It has vitamin D and it has potassium and it's a complete protein source as well. With other forms of dairy – cheese, yogurt and other sources – you are getting some, but not all, of the nutrients from milk."......

And therein lies the point.

The information is conflicting and too many in the food industry are control freaks for my liking and have their own ideological agendas. Therefore I listen to my body and eat what I like in the quantities I like.
    Cows do not produce Calcium and protein. They get it from the food they eat.
    A cow is just the middleman.
    Cut out the middleman and all the puss and antibiotics that cows milk is allowed to have a legal amount of.
    You see now what you are doing is minimising any scientific value in your argument with your personal dislike for something. Fine. Don’t like milk and point out the undoubted AB content that is in modern milk. Start talking pus and you lose 99.9% of anyone that was paying attention.

I assume you are not a dietary professional so you carry on with your barking conspiracies and I hope enjoy a spectacularly long life when you can have the last laugh.

• Options
    4 pages in and not one mention of the new banknotes.
  • Options

4 pages in and not one mention of the new banknotes.

Probably cos no one is eating em.

I did find one on the floor of my packed Forest Hill to London Bridge train this morning though, hopefully I didn’t pick up anyone’s lunch.
  • Options
    The no booze is certainly not a long term plan!

dizzee said:

The biggest issue is alcohol. It starts early with young people at university drinking thousands of calories a night. I don’t think it’s the tesco sandwich in the morning that’s the issue.

Yeah this 100%, you go to the pub and have 5 pints, that is nearly your entire daily calories gone. I've nearly cut out alcohol in 2018 as well as a healthier diet and i've lost 13kg in 2 and bit months
    You’ll probably live forever or at least it will seem like it ;0)

• Options
    edited March 2018
  • Options
    Stevelamb said:

Fumbluff said:

Stevelamb said:

A large Orange, Two bananas, a Mediterranean salad with added sweetcorn, Mixed nuts and a vegetable dhansak with boiled rice and a small portion of mango chutney and two tins of Guinness. Oh and a hazelnut milk smoothie with added ground flaxseeds with added turmeric and ground black pepper and copious amounts of water.
    How large was this orange?
  • Options
    Just cook from scratch more often and watch what you eat in terms of snacks. Ready meals and eating out are the real baddies. (As well as alcohol but never mind!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Glad I had a pizza before I opened this thread!
  • Options
    Stop eating pork pies and drinking beer.
  • Options
    Mmmmmmmm.
  • Options
    Stevelamb said:

Fumbluff said:

Stevelamb said:

See, that just wouldn't do at all for me. Too much sugar and carbs.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @Stevelamb i know this is a pretty open discussion and forum but you seem like a vegan dictator. just off for a maccas
  • Options

@Stevelamb i know this is a pretty open discussion and forum but you seem like a vegan dictator. just off for a maccas</blockquoJust

Just trying to open some arteries.

• Options
    Stevelamb said:

@Stevelamb i know this is a pretty open discussion and forum but you seem like a vegan dictator. just off for a maccas

would you not admit that most people know that eating unhealthy stuff is bad for them the same as drinking and smoking but choose to do it.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Post Brexit you'll all be eating rats anyway, drop the lbs in days.

Weight loss advice from you is about about useful as corbyn holding brexit talks with the eu.