Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So how are you going to change your diet?

Comments

• No, Vegans can eat very poorly especially now that company's are getting onto the Vegan band wagon for profit.
    A whole food plant based diet tells you what I eat, being a vegan doesn't.
    For instance a bag of chips is Vegan a bag of salt and vinegar crisps is Vegan but full of rubbish.
    So I say I am on a Whole food plant based diet not a Vegan diet.
  • The only certainty is whatever you eat you're going to die eventually. If you end up cutting out all the food you like life will be a bit tough.

Everything in moderation
    Eat fruit and veg
    Cut down on sugar(far bigger issue than fat for most people)

We need goals we can realistically work on and go from there
  • Do not take too much notice of these heslth experts This whole food thing is getting over the top.
    At the age of 62 I had a bmI of 21 . colestrol of 4.2. blood pressure of 120 over 68 pulse of 59 a non smoker only drank 10 units of alcohol and week ate healthy foods and still had a heart attack
    Taking their advice did not help.me that much
  • DPFC said:

Do not take too much notice of these heslth experts This whole food thing is getting over the top.
    At the age of 62 I had a bmI of 21 . colestrol of 4.2. blood pressure of 120 over 68 pulse of 59 a non smoker only drank 10 units of alcohol and week ate healthy foods and still had a heart attack

Nothing is certain but the chance of a heart attack, diabetes, circulation problems etc is certainly increased with a bad diet. Some people are just unlucky.
  • DPFC said:

Do not take too much notice of these heslth experts This whole food thing is getting over the top.

DPFC said:

DPFC said:

Do you eat meat and dairy products?
  • The only certainty is whatever you eat you're going to die eventually. If you end up cutting out all the food you like life will be a bit tough.

Everything in moderation
    Eat fruit and veg

The only certainty is whatever you eat you're going to die eventually. If you end up cutting out all the food you like life will be a bit tough.

Everything in moderation
    Eat fruit and veg

The only certainty is whatever you eat you're going to die eventually. If you end up cutting out all the food you like life will be a bit tough.

Everything in moderation
    Eat fruit and veg

Sure for certain we will all die but when I do I don’t want it to be MY FAULT.
  • Try vegan.

couldn't eat a whole one.
  • edited March 2018
    Stevelamb said:

Fiiish said:

Stevelamb said:

The answer is..................................... A whole food plant based nutrition diet.

That Orangutan is not a meat eater,neither is a Cow, Hippo, Elephant or Gorilla before anyone asks "but where do you get your protein from ?".
    Fat fucker though isn't it!

A lot of herbivores are lean because they have naturally lower levels of Myostatin.

It is a proven fact that fatter animals that were given myostatin inhibitors increased muscle mass and lost fat over a short period of time.
  • Stevelamb said:

It doesn’t tell me what you eat at all.
    Please list me out everything you consumed yesterday.
  • Stevelamb said:

Everything in moderation
    Eat fruit and veg

Everything in moderation
    Eat fruit and veg

Everything in moderation
    Eat fruit and veg

No diet is perfect - if people manage a reasonably healthy diet that will be an improvement on where we are now.

Some people are sadly given very poor genes which they can do little about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fumbluff said:

Stevelamb said:

A large Orange, Two bananas, a Mediterranean salad with added sweetcorn, Mixed nuts and a vegetable dhansak with boiled rice and a small portion of mango chutney and two tins of Guinness. Oh and a hazelnut milk smoothie with added ground flaxseeds with added turmeric and ground black pepper and copious amounts of water.
  • Stevelamb said:

Fumbluff said:

Stevelamb said:

A large Orange, Two bananas, a Mediterranean salad with added sweetcorn, Mixed nuts and a vegetable dhansak with boiled rice and a small portion of mango chutney and two tins of Guinness. Oh and a hazelnut milk smoothie with added ground flaxseeds with added turmeric and ground black pepper and copious amounts of water.
    Is this a diet shaming exercise?
  • No lol.
  • Stevelamb said:

No lol.

I have to say I've changed my diet extensively in the last five years. I do wish I'd done it much earlier.

The biggest issue in Western diets will I believe prove to be the damaging effects of too much sugar rather than fat. It's even worse in the US where corn syrup is added to everything.
  • Stevelamb said:

Everything in moderation
    Eat fruit and veg

Everything in moderation
    Eat fruit and veg

Everything in moderation
    Eat fruit and veg

No diet is perfect - if people manage a reasonably healthy diet that will be an improvement on where we are now.

It has nothing to do with genes.
    If you eat the same food as your parents and grandparents and they and you suffer from the same aliments then I say to you its the food not your genes.
    Biggest secret in medicine..................its what you eat.
  • Stevelamb said:

Only how to treat this western disease of obesity.

India
    China
    Japan - Admittedly obesity is rare in Japan, guess what they eat mea.
    Israel
    Egypt
    Turkey
    Russian

Mongolia
    These meat eating hard working lot seem to be the fittest I searched. I couldn't find any obese people, a few in the overweight category but most, muscular and lean.

A quick google search reveals that the Mongolians at least in some research were found to have a lower myostatin production level than us Brits.

It's a world wide problem.

The very furthest east are still affected, but to a lesser extent.

From the research I found vegan and plant based diets aren't the most common diets. there's a lot of meat in the diets of the east.

Cows milk and cheese seem to be the real difference.
  • I haven't had a beer for about 5 years, walk about 50 miles a week and I'm overweight, why? Because I eat too much, not junk food, just portion sizes being too large.
    The only time that I lost weight was when using MyFitnessPal and scanned everything I ate.
    Burn more calories than you consume.
  • Stevelamb said:

Stevelamb said:

Everything in moderation
    Eat fruit and veg

Everything in moderation
    Eat fruit and veg

Everything in moderation
    Eat fruit and veg

It has nothing to do with genes.
    If you eat the same food as your parents and grandparents and they and you suffer from the same aliments then I say to you its the food not your genes.
    Biggest secret in medicine..................its what you eat.
    Your genes can be the biggest factor in your health unfortunately - that's obviously not true for the majority but for a minority born with a life limiting condition it is. I know this from personal experience sadly and also through working in healthcare.

• I haven't had a beer for about 5 years, walk about 50 miles a week and I'm overweight, why? Because I eat too much, not junk food, just portion sizes being too large.
    The only time that I lost weight was when using MyFitnessPal and scanned everything I ate.

Do you eat meat and dairy products including eggs?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Stevelamb said:

Only how to treat this western disease of obesity.

India
    China
    Japan - Admittedly obesity is rare in Japan, guess what they eat mea.
    Israel
    Egypt
    Turkey
    Russian

Mongolia
    These meat eating hard working lot seem to be the fittest I searched. I couldn't find any obese people, a few in the overweight category but most, muscular and lean.

A quick google search reveals that the Mongolians at least in some research were found to have a lower myostatin production level than us Brits.

It's a world wide problem.

The very furthest east are still affected, but to a lesser extent.

From the research I found vegan and plant based diets aren't the most common diets. there's a lot of meat in the diets of the east.

Cows milk and cheese seem to be the real difference.
    Please read "The China Study" by Dr T.Colin Campbell for a full explanation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stevelamb said:

I haven't had a beer for about 5 years, walk about 50 miles a week and I'm overweight, why? Because I eat too much, not junk food, just portion sizes being too large.

Do you eat meat and dairy products including eggs?
    Are you suggesting that people are overweight because they eat meat & dairy?
  • I think that my cue to leave this chat then, that is ridiculous.....
  • But what if one actually LIKES junk food and find leaves and twigs abhorrent?

Food is a big, essential part of life. Is there not an argument that the quality of one's life is enhanced, and possibly stress levels reduced, if one actually can relax and ENJOY what is eaten rather than hold one's nose and eat as a penance?
  • I think that my cue to leave this chat then, that is ridiculous.....</blockq

I hope at least I have planted a seed.
    In a few years time the truth will out just as it did in the Tobacco industy.

• LenGlover said:

But what if one actually LIKES junk food and find leaves and twigs abhorrent?

Food is a big, essential part of life. Is there not an argument that the quality of one's life is enhanced, and possibly stress levels reduced, if one actually can relax and ENJOY what is eaten rather than hold one's nose and eat as a penance?

Have you any idea what is in cows milk and cheese?
  • Just to clarify I have enjoyed many plant based meals, I do love a salad. I also then like a seared, sliced tuna steak on top of it.

I will not be bullied into eating food I don't enjoy by plant based and vegan food fascists.
  • Stevelamb said:

No I am not suggesting it. It is a known fact.

People who don't eat anything don't get overweight and that's a Fact. It is a FACT!

Will not eating meat and dairy cure all life limiting genetic conditions or is prayer better?
  • By using more calories than you eat
  • Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

But what if one actually LIKES junk food and find leaves and twigs abhorrent?

Have you any idea what is in cows milk and cheese?
    Calcium and protein which do me good.

More importantly I enjoy them.

Does that make me a bad person?