Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradley Wiggins

124»

Comments

• Options
    They should have a separate version of all sports where you can get off your pickle on whatever you want, I'd probably watch the "juiced" version if I'm honest
  • Options
    I remember reading that the drug involved helps you drop weight and improve lung function so climb better.

The problem isn’t that it’s necessarily against the rules. The problem is setting yourself up to the media as being super clean, and then not being super clean.

• Options
    Funny how the press goes OTT over an ‘ethical’ issue involving Wiggins ( never Had a positive dope test) whilst Chris Froome has a positive dope test and rides on through a deafening silence ! ...the good old British press can’t see the wood for the trees maybe ?
  • Options

Funny how the press goes OTT over an ‘ethical’ issue involving Wiggins ( never Had a positive dope test) whilst Chris Froome has a positive dope test and rides on through a deafening silence ! ...the good old British press can’t see the wood for the trees maybe ?

Because Froome hasnt denied anything

Froome has straight away admitted what he's done, basically saying that its up to the authorities to decide his fate - Until that happens he's free to ride and get on with his job so there isnt much of a story for the press to cover
  • Options

Because Froome hasnt denied anything

Froome has straight away admitted what he's done, basically saying that its up to the authorities to decide his fate - Until that happens he's free to ride and get on with his job so there isnt much of a story for the press to cover
    As far as I'm aware Froome was using salbutamol - not really in the same league as what Bradley used. Anyway let's see what happens.....
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Salbutamol isn't banned. It also doesn't have any 'enhancing' effects, isn't used as a weight loss drug and doesn't work as a masking agent. The limit on Salbutamol in an athlete's system is there to protect the athlete from potentially taking too much of a substance where known side effects can be harmful (the suggestion being that the rider should be pulled from the race if their asthma is that bad as it could potentially be lethal). So Froome hasn't 'failed a drugs test'. The biggest problem with this kind of shit is the media deliberately getting it wrong and then saying it's 'technically' the same thing, when it most certainly is not.
  • Options
    Thanks for the explaining the fats Leroy. Not sure if it will stop the condemnation or the conjecture though.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Thanks for the explaining the fats Leroy. Not sure if it will stop the condemnation or the conjecture though.

People often read headlines and nothing else.
  • Options

Another example of the 'good' in sport being driven, and tainted, by money and power.

Seeking relief from pain or discomfort by medication - with the consent of the White Coats - is understandable. What is gained in so doing? Relief - but with no additional benefit? Or relief with additional benefit - and that which is previously known about, and desired?

I seek sport that has integrity at its core and participants and administrators that are true and honest.
    Years of experience have led me to believe that some seek advantage where others do not and, thus, the 'game' is skewed. Ditto politics. Ditto the human being; decent in many aspects, less so in others.

I have watched Bradley since he was a teenager, have spoken with him on numerous occasions and admire both his athleticism and his non-conformist persona. I believe that he took the advice of his advisors and, in so doing, the system in place has done for him.

August 1st 2012, in Kingston, remains one of my happiest and most memorable of days.
    Vive le velo!

The trouble is athletes are often given poor advice. There is a history within cycling of teams putting pressure on their team members to perhaps bend the rules - for a cyclist starting out the pressure is enormous.

Team Sky's record keeping is not going to win any prizes
  • Sponsored links: