Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most underated films!

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    I always enjoy Mike Newall's 'Into the West' as just a really lovely, moving, funny, family film, though it rarely gets shown as is no longer available on most formats.
  • Options
    In Bruges
  • Options
    Not sure how well-known Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle are but they are both fantastic and genuinely laugh-out-loud funny.
  • Options
    Into the Wild
    Switchback
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Into the Wild

Blinding film. Sean Penn’s directorial debut I think?
  • Options

johnny73 said:

Into the Wild

Blinding film. Sean Penn’s directorial debut I think?
    I'd forgotten Penn directed it. Not his first. He also directed another underrated film - The Pledge.
  • Options
    One upon a time in America
  • Options

It actually won quite a few awards and got a bit of critical acclaim but no one I know has seen it and that is...

My Life as a Courgette.

French animation film which I thought was brilliant.

Saw this at the cinema - brilliant film and great piece of animation. Loved it....
  • Options
    Point Break
  • Options

American Graffiti

If you haven’t seen it and you like early 1960s American cars and music and spotting lots of major Holywood/movie industry stars at the outset of their careers or letting the penny drop where and what certain references/things are all about then this is the film for you.

As a side, I see Jaguar pictured one of their new cars outside a Mel’s Diner the other day...

On the off chance I discovered tonight that Netflix has American Graffiti in its catalogue. I had to use the search function and type more or less the full film title and up it popped...Happy days, or sort off, because Ron Howard is one of the main characters, pre his role on the series with the Fonz...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

American Graffiti

If you haven’t seen it and you like early 1960s American cars and music and spotting lots of major Holywood/movie industry stars at the outset of their careers or letting the penny drop where and what certain references/things are all about then this is the film for you.

As a side, I see Jaguar pictured one of their new cars outside a Mel’s Diner the other day...

On the off chance I discovered tonight that Netflix has American Graffiti in its catalogue. I had to use the search function and type more or less the full film title and up it popped...Happy days, or sort off, because Ron Howard is one of the main characters, pre his role on the series with the Fonz...
    Recently watched it on Netflix - captures a mood and atmosphere. Harrison Ford looks very young.
  • Options

American Graffiti

Recently watched it on Netflix - captures a mood and atmosphere. Harrison Ford looks very young.
    Also has the rareity of being a good George Lucas directed movie.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Rosemary's Baby, watched it again this afternoon.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

It actually won quite a few awards and got a bit of critical acclaim but no one I know has seen it and that is...

My Life as a Courgette.

French animation film which I thought was brilliant.

Seems a bit niche for me. I’d have thought that kind of film would only be of interest to a very marrow demograph.
    You'd be a Wally to miss it
    Zucchini be serious.

I'll get my coat.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I must say some of the films mentioned in this thread are really not under-rated? For example I remember Once upon a time in America, Into the wild, Mulholland Dr. are all highly rated and generally considered as very good films. Just now I looked them up on IMDB they are all rated above 8!
  • Options
    Deep Impact
  • Options
    Death in Venice (great sound track too)
    Cinema Paradiso
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Solidgone said:

Death in Venice (great sound track too)

Can’t remember the sound track but the film reminds me of going to see it at the Roxy at Blackheath with a young lady I used to know whose mum worked as an usherette there and we got in for free
  • Options
    One film which is brilliant but almost never gets a mention is The Lives of Others.

• Options
    Truman Show - never seems to get much of a mention but i thought it was great.