Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Most underated films!

Comments

• Rita, Sue and Bob too.

“Is that all she’s getting?”
    “I thought I were great”
    What a great film but very bleak...

• Rita, Sue and Bob too.

“I thought I were great”
    In today's politically correct world, I couldn't see Rita Sue and Bob Too being made !!!

Brilliant film

• Rita, Sue and Bob too.

“I thought I were great”
    In today's politically correct world, I couldn't see Rita Sue and Bob Too being made !!!

Brilliant film
    Could you expand on that? I don't see why not being discriminatory in real life to people because of their race, sex, sexuality, etc. would stop a piece of art being created.

• Rita, Sue and Bob too.

“I thought I were great”

Brilliant film
    Could you expand on that? I don't see why not being discriminatory in real life to people because of their race, sex, sexuality, etc. would stop a piece of art being created.
    Agree - you only have to watch Three Billboards to see nasty characters are still featuring.

• Rita, Sue and Bob too.

“I thought I were great”

Brilliant film
    I'm talking about the married man / teenage girls angle - at one point he goes to their school - I can't remember if their ages are stated in the film, so I imagine they are over the age of consent - however (IMO) the PC Police would be up in arms about it should such a film be made now - personally I think it's a great film, however there would be others who would have an issue with that aspect of the film

I said nothing about race, sex or sexuality, so don't try and pin that badge on me

Thanks
  • edited March 2018

Rita, Sue and Bob too.

“I thought I were great”

Brilliant film
    I'm talking about the married man / teenage girls angle - at one point he goes to their school - I can't remember if their ages are stated in the film, so I imagine they are over the age of consent - however (IMO) the PC Police would be up in arms about it should such a film be made now - personally I think it's a great film, however there would be others who would have an issue with that aspect of the film

I said nothing about race, sex or sexuality, so don't try and pin that badge on me

Thanks
    I know you said nothing about race, sex or sexuality but the term 'politically correct' usually refers to those topics or similar ones and I was using them as examples. I don't see any correction between political correctness and a bloke being a bit of a perve in a film.

I would posit that not making such a film and citing not wanting to upset perverts as the reason would be an example of political correctness gone mad.
  • Saving Grace

• Rita, Sue and Bob too.

“I thought I were great”

Brilliant film

Thanks
    I know you said nothing about race, sex or sexuality but the term 'politically correct' usually refers to those topics of similar ones and I was using them as examples. I don't see any correction between political correctness and a bloke being a bit of a perve in a film.

I would posit that not making such a film and citing not wanting to upset perverts as the reason would be an example of political correctness gone mad.
    We need to make films about awful people and awful subjects to expose them - the only issue is I suppose some might sympathise with the characters.

• Rita, Sue and Bob too.

“I thought I were great”

Brilliant film

Thanks
    I know you said nothing about race, sex or sexuality but the term 'politically correct' usually refers to those topics of similar ones and I was using them as examples. I don't see any correction between political correctness and a bloke being a bit of a perve in a film.

Well - and it's just my opinion - I think that some would say he's a perv, but others would be unhappy with the way the girls are portrayed

Anyway - it's a great film and of its time
  • Malice.
    Thought it was terrific. Hardly anyone I know has seen it.

Loved that film. Baldwin, Pullman and Kidman especially are fantastic. Shout out to Bebe Neuwirth as well in a brilliant supporting role
    Agreed.
    One thing that really sticks with me about Malice is that I expected it to be utter toilet - this was entirely because, for a while, it was one of the trailer movies at the beginning of other VHS movies and the trailer was abysmal. It was voiced over by the bloke with the stupid voice that is so deep and gruff that it surely can’t actually be anyone’s real voice? He said stuff like:
    MALICE
    HE...IS A PROFESSOR
    MALICE
    SHE....IS A TEACHER
    MALICE
    THEY NEED....A MIRACLE
    MALICE
    and so on.
    Truly awful trailer that undersold the film outrageously. I only bought it because I worked in Dillon’s at the time and we were closing down a branch and selling off a load of the stock cheap, so I got it and about 20 other videos for about a quid each. By far the best pound spent out of all of them.
    If you’ve never seen it, I would suggest you give it a go.
    @lordromford If that's a WOOOSH I'm going to come back and haunt you.
    Haha! No whoosh here @AddicksAddict !
  • Sponsored links:

• “We’re having a gang bang, we’re having a ball....we’re having a gang bang, against the wall”
  • Mona Lisa
  • kodfish said:

Saving Grace

Is that the one about the drug mule? Quality film.
  • 'Black cat white cat'
    By Emir Kustorica.
    Also check out his band 'the no smoking orchestra' live performance on YouTube.
    Love the man...

Loved the film and the music, just wonderful.
  • After Hours

In the Company of Men
  • The Apple Dumpling Gang
  • Open Range
  • Ghost Dog - The Way of the Samurai
  • The Apple Dumpling Gang

The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again
  • Sponsored links:

• Starship Troopers

There's underrated and then there's rated so-so for a reason.
  • Starship Troopers

There's underrated and then there's rated so-so for a reason.
    Sorry Barry Norman.
  • Starship Troopers

It's underrated because the majority of people missed the point of the film completely. The heroes are fascists!
  • The Danish Girl and The Theory of Everything (Eddie Redmayne)
  • stonemuse said:

I really rate Children of Men but no one else seems to have heard of it.

Au contraire, mon ami. Best thing I've seen Clive Owen do.
    Inside Man surely.
  • johnny73 said:

Starship Troopers

It's underrated because the majority of people missed the point of the film completely. The heroes are fascists!
    Are they??? Might need to give that a watch, could be my new favourite film
  • stonemuse said:

I really rate Children of Men but no one else seems to have heard of it.

Au contraire, mon ami. Best thing I've seen Clive Owen do.
    Inside Man surely.
    also a very good film
  • johnny73 said:

Starship Troopers

Starship Troopers is more of a cult classic than an under-rated movie. The slightly cheezy quality is part of its charm.
  • Dead Again.