Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Disneyland Paris tips / recommendations

Comments

• Options
    kigelia said:

We are coming over to Europe in July for a four-week family holiday, eldest son will be 13 and our twins will turn 12 whilst in London.

We are spending four days in Paris and the younger kids have asked if we can spend two days at Eurodisney.

I told them to fuck right off.

Paris is for drinking Bordeaux reds, dining al fresco on Haute Cuisine and ogling les belles femmes Parisiennes not hanging about with fucking Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck in a fucking theme park.

So which ride are you going on first?
    No chance - already had to commit to going to fucking Harry Potter World on July 4th!!!
  • Options

We are coming over to Europe in July for a four-week family holiday, eldest son will be 13 and our twins will turn 12 whilst in London.

We are spending four days in Paris and the younger kids have asked if we can spend two days at Eurodisney.

Paris is for drinking Bordeaux reds, dining al fresco on Haute Cuisine and ogling les belles femmes Parisiennes not hanging about with fucking Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck in a fucking theme park.

Dad of the year there people...
  • Options

Dad of the year there people...
    I think committing to a day at Harry Potter World and spending four days at the wife’s family in fucking Stockport just about balances things out!
  • Options
    Could always stop at Disney Hong Kong on way home.....
  • Options
    I love Disneyland Paris - one of those 'with the family' holidays everyone should do once. A couple of note. I believe those 'fast passes' with the entry tickets are only for the people staying in the official Disneyland hotels. I work in travel and sell holidays in Paris occasionally, and I can also add that while some of the hotels around Disneyland like Magic Circus and Dream Castle are cheaper, the price soon levels out when you add park tickets, which the official hotels add on automatically. There is also the incovenience of having the hotel a bus ride away, especially when you've been walking round all day.
    Always try and book restaurants in advance as they can sell out completely on busy days, though there are always fast food outlets if you just want a burger.
  • Options
    No, I bought tickets with Picniq this year- printed off and included fast pass
  • Options
    okay - good to know.
  • Options

Thanks for all your comments and recommendations, all taken on board

Fantastic place

Glad you enjoyed it mate, as you say it’s a fantastic place.

We’ve got a day booked in there when we go to Paris during the Easter holiday.
  • Options
    Watch out for those pesky, Ruski agents
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is where I bought our tickets - you just print them up and they work with fast pass and get you into both parks through the automatic booths.

https://tickets.picniq.co.uk/?utm_source=GoogleC&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=search&gclid=CjwKCAjws6jVBRBZEiwAkIfZ2gDhG4eR13keNEOKisAaXQXYHuFjr9L3lSeA1IyuCq1htnprKnCspxoC0u8QAvD_BwE
  • Options
    edited March 2018

If anyone in your group has mobility issues it should mean you can get to the front of queues - you might need a letter from your doctor to confirm. Disneyland can confirm what's needed.

Both my daughters are disabled and it was a godsend not to have to worry about access and queues.

Must say their approach, provision and logistics towards disability / special needs was outstanding. Best I’ve ever encountered
  • Options
    We’re staying in Disney’s Davy Crocket Ranch in July, has anyone ever stayed there? Also what’s the driving like over there (shitting myself) lol
  • Options

We’re staying in Disney’s Davy Crocket Ranch in July, has anyone ever stayed there? Also what’s the driving like over there (shitting myself) lol

We stayed there last year. The driving is fine and fairly straightforward but it's a bit of a faff getting to the ranch as it's not on the Disney site and there were roadworks going on.

There's no shuttle bus from the ranch to the park but it's only a 5-10 minute drive and there's plenty of parking. Would have been nice to stay within walking distance of the park though as it's a long day and we'd have gone back to the room to chill out for an hour or so.

The lodges themselves are nice and there's a bar & restaurant as well as a pretty decent indoor pool. The shop is fairly well stocked but it's a good idea to load up on essentials at a supermarket before you get there.

It's worth taking advantage of the early entry you'll be entitled to as although not all the rides are open first thing, it's a good opportunity to get on the more popular rides before the hordes descend.
  • Options
    Bit of a novice on this @sadiejane1981 but know many others who have stayed at that one and keep going back. Would advise using the shuttle bus rather than driving in from there.

Personally for future reference I think staying on site obviously carries a financial premium (I guess) but it was bloody handy not having to deal with any buses etc.
  • Options

Bit of a novice on this @sadiejane1981 but know many others who have stayed at that one and keep going back. Would advise using the shuttle bus rather than driving in from there.

Personally for future reference I think staying on site obviously carries a financial premium (I guess) but it was bloody handy not having to deal with any buses etc.

There's no shuttle service to the Davy Crocket ranch mate.
  • Options
    Get there early and go for a McDonalds breakfast - you should get a parking place near the front. In terms of driving there from Calais, it is pretty straightforward but the French motorway system can be a little confusing as you get nearer to Paris. You basically have to make sure you are on the right lane on the motorway when there can be a few options! Make sure your sat nav works and be alert as you get closer. Before Paris, it is a doddle.
  • Options

Get there early and go for a McDonalds breakfast - you should get a parking place near the front. In terms of driving there from Calais, it is pretty straightforward but the French motorway system can be a little confusing as you get nearer to Paris. You basically have to make sure you are on the right lane on the motorway when there can be a few options! Make sure your sat nav works and be alert as you get closer. Before Paris, it is a doddle.

If you do miss the turning Sadie Dijon is a cracking little place :smile:
  • Options
    I've been a few times, and missed it a couple. no big deal, delays you 20 mins.
  • Options
    We stayed at The Cheyenne Hotel on site. What we noticed at breakfast time was almost every family would get extra rolls and fill them for a packed lunch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We stayed at The Cheyenne Hotel on site. What we noticed at breakfast time was almost every family would get extra rolls and fill them for a packed lunch.

Very common practice in Disney Paris Hotels, I have been over a number of times and stayed in various resorts and seen this every time.
  • Options
    When we stayed at the Santa Fe, they limited the amount of ham you could have, it was like you were in a prison! In the New York and Newport Bay, you could take as much as you wanted and a lot did seem to do this.
  • Options
    We didn’t have breakfast with hotel and to be honest didn’t need it. We paid out for the character breakfast in the Park one day and for the other two days supplemented this with fruit, cereal bars, pain au chocolat and fruit juice we took with us for breakfast. We then had snacks during the day we took with us, and then a ‘proper meal’ late afternoon / early evening.

Somehow despite walking 14 miles a day I still managed to put on weight :-(
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback, glad the drive is straight forward, I don’t mind not staying in the park as i wanted somewhere a little quieter and calmer for Anthony, it’s going to be touch and go whether or not he gets on there. @AFKABartram how was the priority special needs queuing system for you?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Fantastic @sadiejane1981 5 times better than anything we have been to in the UK (which I’m not criticising either as I still think is good).

You need a doctors letter to get your green pass. Every single ride is built with disabled access in mind and is signposted clearly. They will have a specific meeter greeter on every ride associated for disabled access, they will view your pass, check dates, check the reason that’s ticked, check the amount of people and question who the pass is in the name of. Once checked they will lead you to someone else working on the ride who will again go through the process of checking your pass. On every ride they will have a specific car / rows for disabled access.

For the character meet and greets they will have a seperate sheet where they will associate a time slot every 10 mins for disabled access. You’ll claim a time slot and then return at that specific time so you dont have to queue. The checker will then go over and let the next people in the queue know what’s happening so no one gets the hump on people perceived queue jumping.

Every single person we encountered that worked there was excellent
  • Options
    You couldn't have meet Captain Hook then! A right nasty piece of work!
  • Options

We didn’t have breakfast with hotel and to be honest didn’t need it. We paid out for the character breakfast in the Park one day and for the other two days supplemented this with fruit, cereal bars, pain au chocolat and fruit juice we took with us for breakfast. We then had snacks during the day we took with us, and then a ‘proper meal’ late afternoon / early evening.

Somehow despite walking 14 miles a day I still managed to put on weight :-(

Not surprising with all the fat and sugar you'd have eaten there.
  • Options
    Surprising the kids with a trip there tomorrow for 3 nights....they've absolutely no idea they aren't going to school for the next couple of days.

Have managed to pack everything secretly, they don't have a clue.

Gonna be a magical few days 
    What a very special Dad you are ! 

Have a fantastic time! 
  • Options
    Surprising the kids with a trip there tomorrow for 3 nights....they've absolutely no idea they aren't going to school for the next couple of days.

Have managed to pack everything secretly, they don't have a clue.

Gonna be a magical few days 
    And you don't have to watch us get stuffed on Saturday! Winner winner!