Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Davide Astori

2»

Comments

• Options
    Must be very shocking for all his family and friends. Way too young to go.
  • Options

Crazy that a guy who was only 31 who you'd assume was a pretty fit guy and undertook regular tests, can pass away in his sleep.

Yes, very sad. Like you said he would have been regularly tested.
  • Options
    Terrible thing RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Very sad. RIP.
  • Options
    The players found out minutes before kick off. All 7 Serie A games were cancelled to mourn the recent man who only recently became a father's death. Truly sad.

RIP

• Options
    RIP. So young.
  • Options
    That hasn't been confirmed by the club at all yet- just a rumour started on Twitter frustratingly that has spread from some random account.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who the fuck would make something like that up. Some wank people about
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43293449

Perhaps the nicest tribute from one of his ex-team mates
  • Options

Team mate and buddy Riccardo Saponara. Oh captain, my captain. Why did you not come down to have breakfast with us all? Why did you not pick up your shoes from outside of (goalkeeper) Marco Sportiello's room and then drink your orange juice, as usual?

Now they will tell us that life goes on, that we must look forward and pick ourselves up, but what will your absence taste like? Who will arrive every morning in the cafeteria, warming up everyone with his smile?

Who will ask us about what we did the previous night and have a laugh about it? Who will nurture the youngsters and give a sense of responsibility to the veterans? Who will form the circle to work on our 'two-touch play' and who will demolish Marco on the PlayStation?

With whom will we debate about Masterchef, Florence's restaurants, TV series or games played? Who will I lean on at lunch after a tiring training session? Come on, come back. You still need to finish watching La La Land to analyse like you did with all new movies.

Come back to Florence, they are waiting for you to renew your contract and acknowledge all the good and the positivity that you bring to us on a daily basis. Get out of that damn room, we will be waiting for you tomorrow at training.

In life there are people you've known forever but have never bonded with, and then there are the 'Davides', who warm to you immediately with a simple 'Welcome to Florence, Ricky'.

Wherever you are now, keep on defending our goal and enlighten the right path for us from the backline. Oh captain, my captain. Forever, my captain.

This is such awful news, and yet this is such a beautiful tribute.
  • Options

That hasn't been confirmed by the club at all yet- just a rumour started on Twitter frustratingly that has spread from some random account.
    I'm assuming this was about autopsy and a criminal investigation? If so, this is the done thing in Italy
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I'm assuming this was about autopsy and a criminal investigation? If so, this is the done thing in Italy
    It was about the rumour that the club had given his family a contract where they'd pay them his wages for the rest of their lives.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

SDAddick said:

Team mate and buddy Riccardo Saponara. Oh captain, my captain. Why did you not come down to have breakfast with us all? Why did you not pick up your shoes from outside of (goalkeeper) Marco Sportiello's room and then drink your orange juice, as usual?

Now they will tell us that life goes on, that we must look forward and pick ourselves up, but what will your absence taste like? Who will arrive every morning in the cafeteria, warming up everyone with his smile?

Who will ask us about what we did the previous night and have a laugh about it? Who will nurture the youngsters and give a sense of responsibility to the veterans? Who will form the circle to work on our 'two-touch play' and who will demolish Marco on the PlayStation?

With whom will we debate about Masterchef, Florence's restaurants, TV series or games played? Who will I lean on at lunch after a tiring training session? Come on, come back. You still need to finish watching La La Land to analyse like you did with all new movies.

Come back to Florence, they are waiting for you to renew your contract and acknowledge all the good and the positivity that you bring to us on a daily basis. Get out of that damn room, we will be waiting for you tomorrow at training.

In life there are people you've known forever but have never bonded with, and then there are the 'Davides', who warm to you immediately with a simple 'Welcome to Florence, Ricky'.

Wherever you are now, keep on defending our goal and enlighten the right path for us from the backline. Oh captain, my captain. Forever, my captain.

This is such awful news, and yet this is such a beautiful tribute.
    Brought a tear to this old man's eye. Old age is a privilege denied to many, sadly. RIP
    Brought a tear to mine as well. Made me think "How can I live a life that will make people remember me so warmly?"
  • Options

ACF Fiorentina have reportedly decided to give Davide Astori a new contract and give his wages to his wife and newly born daughter. Amazing gesture
    I posted this earlier but apparently it's not been confirmed by the club or anywhere official, just a few accounts on twitter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Terribly sad news ,thoughts go to his wife and baby , my grandad passed away to an undetected heart condition at 49 years old 6 months before i was born, in thoughs days they didn't have the medical tests they have now so it's even more shocking and scary that it can happen to a highly fit and strong athlete at 31 , RIP Davide
  • Options
    Both Fiorentina and Cagliari have retired the number 13.
  • Options
    Goosebumps
  • Options
    Excuse the poor Facebook translation but I think it's mostly accurate. Just another example of the type of guy he was.