Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ryan Sessegnon of Fulham

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018
    SDAddick said:

I'd add, since mid 90s desire is main thing, Bent would have had it, Trippier will, lookman will, sessegnon will, gomez will.
    We have nothing at all to lose

I expect to having the same arguments as last 3 World Cups and euros in 6 months time

Rooney had loads of it.

Forgot how to trap a football against Iceland. And he stopped playing a position and just strolled about.

At international level, it's about technique and tactics.
    Pre 2004 he had loads of it, post that he had fck all as he was minted, as was Gerrard, lampard, Rio,. And every other fucking 'golden generation'

They didn't care about national football mate.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

SDAddick said:

I'd add, since mid 90s desire is main thing, Bent would have had it, Trippier will, lookman will, sessegnon will, gomez will.
    We have nothing at all to lose

I expect to having the same arguments as last 3 World Cups and euros in 6 months time

Rooney had loads of it.

Forgot how to trap a football against Iceland. And he stopped playing a position and just strolled about.

At international level, it's about technique and tactics.
    Pre 2004 he had loads of it, post that he had fck all as he was minted, as was Gerrard, lampard, Rio,. And every other fucking 'golden generation'

They didn't care about national football mate.
    Do you think Phillip Lahm or Andres Iniesta or even Alvaro Arebelo were paupers?

Do Chelsea and Man United have the same history as Catalonia and fucking Castilla?

Would you describe Casillas or Xavi as "Bryan Robson-esque?"

If you think that being at one of the "Big Four/Five/Six" in England is drastically different to being at Madrid or Barcelona or Bayern, you're incredibly wrong.

Has Miroslav Klose ever bled for his country?

Of course not. The game has moved on.

England's brave:
    John Terry, won nothing with England
    Steven Gerrard, won nothing with England
    Wayne Rooney, won nothing with England
    Alan Shearer, won nothing with England
    Bryan Robson, won nothing with England
    Gazza, Terry Butcher, David Beckham, etc. and so on.

I feel like "The players not caring" or "England pick the wrong players" is the same excuse as "well X manager needs to get his own players in." It completely overlooks why the players in situ are failing. It overlooks why a system within a club or national setup is failing. It's a really easy excuse. It means you don't have to look at how many accredited coaches England has. Or why they can't play with the same intensity that they do in the Premier League. Or why every England team in the last ~15 years has labored against teams who sit deep and don't give them space in behind.
  • Options
    Thank the heavens Eriksson isn't still England manager. He'd drop Kane so he could take Sessognon "for the experience".
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Thank the heavens Eriksson isn't still England manager. He'd drop Kane so he could take Sessognon "for the experience".

Yeah but consecutive Quarter Finals sure look light-years away at this point...
  • Options
    Poor mans Grant Basey.
  • Options
    He might be one of those players who excels in champ but average in Prem. A Nathan Redmond or Dwight Gayle.
    Can’t take him on these performances so far.
  • Options
    My worry with Sessegnon at this stage is that when you have a star player at a smaller club, the system can be moulded around him. I assume he has a lot of freedom to roam and get forward because others are covering for him OR because the opposition aren't good enough to exploit the space he might leave behind.

Playing at a higher level, he'll have to adapt much more to the team than the other way round. In due time he'll adapt of course.
  • Options
    Looks a great prospect, still not hundred percent if he is a better winger or left back? scored quite a few goals so reckon he should be in the Premier League next season, Would suit Spurs if got rid of Rose or even Arsenal if they want to play with wing backs.

Too soon for me but wouldn't mind seeing him in a couple of friendlies
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

If we’re basing it purely on domestic form then you’ve got to say that a front 3 of Sessegnon - Kane - Sterling looks very promising.

Shame about the rest of the team

He’s a left back ...
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Laddick01 said:

If we’re basing it purely on domestic form then you’ve got to say that a front 3 of Sessegnon - Kane - Sterling looks very promising.

Shame about the rest of the team

He’s a left back ...
    He's moved forward like Gareth Bale

Hasnt played LB for ages
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "The new Gareth Bale" as the cliche goes

Fulham are playing really well at the moment, he could get to the PL with Fulham.