Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Every word of Karl Robinson’s rallying cry with promotion run-in looming for Charlton

13»

Comments

• Did he mention the injuries?
  • DOUCHER said:

I like KR as a person and love his passion but Saturday was like one of those games we used to play against teams with more resources in the early curbishley days - they were much more than the sum of their parts and KR was powerless to stop them - it was hands up time and he has had a veiled attempt at saying his assistant and coach don't help either coz they've got no experience - so don't sack me, they'll be even worse !!!! I think a few more defeats and that could become a real possibility however as a last roll of the dice

blimey - never thought I'd see the day that I agree with Doucher.

• JamesSeed said:

total bollox. Injury crisis has mainly cleared up with Bauer, Pearce & Fosu all coming back within the last couple of weeks. He had virtually a full squad last Saturday (only missing Clarke & Mavididi) and the performance was p**s poor.

Also total bollox golfie. So when a player comes back from injury and hasn't played for weeks you expect him to come back firing on all cylinders do you? Doesn't work like that. Pearce showed how out of it he was. Bauer is being nursed back, Fosu shouldn't even have played 45 minutes. Mavididi is our best offensive player, Clarke is our only player who can pass the ball. Both missing.

Tbh, when I see us playing well, like up at MKD (well for 65 mins we were) I tend to think it's a bit of a miracle. Our default position when, we haven't got our best players all fit, is mediocre against a weak side, disastrous against a big strong side. You think under RD he's had the freedom to build the squad of his dreams?

And I'm sure there'll be people replying listing all our squad, saying isn't it great? Well sorry, I don't think it is really.
    Yes, because he told the assembled media at the start of the season that he had been left alone to put together the squad he wanted (and actually praised KM & RD for letting him do so) and also said the same thing at the Bromley Addicks meeting in November. It may transpire that he wasn't, but then that will make him a liar.

• DOUCHER said:

How about 3 at the back - Pearce konsa Bauer - with diksteel or Jackson as left wing back and solly right? JFK can sit with aribo and reeves in the middle - fosu can play off magennis - kalkai and Marshall to come on when teams tiring - mavidivi to replace anybody but fosu and aribo out of the front 4 when he comes back

IMO Jacko can't do wingback, get found out straight away.
    Wingback is sub 30yo position.
    True but depending on the opposition he could play a more orthodox full back role and if they have pace out there go with diksteel or even Marshall - none is ideal

• Carter said:

The thing is with Karl Robinson, I bet he's good company to have a drink with. He's just.....

He epitomises modern day management, I know he wasn't able to have a playing career because of injury, and I know having a successful playing career doesn't mean you will be any good as a manager, he hasn't been there and done it though. I'll emphasise again it's not his fault and I genuinely admire where he has got to within the game but he is like the modern managers I get lumbered with at work. Sometimes decent people but they are exam educated managers who have no idea what doing the job for real is like, the day to day hassles that as a foot soldier you get on with, even as a senior foot soldier you know the daily battles that need to be had to get the job done yet I am constantly having to spend 6 months educating someone who has maybe rightly got the opportunity but who is useless at managing human beings and a huge part of that is not having done the job and been on the receiving end of idiotic management.

Win the fucking games Karl, you knew damn well the mess the club was in when you took the job. Be dynamic, be flexible, that sort of shit is definitely taught at management college or one of god knows how many courses.

Got told by a relative who worked for sky when he first came on board he is an absolute blinding fella to have a beer with.

Treated everyone equally, listened to everyone, spoke to everyone and spent most of night in the hotel having a drink and few stories (pre CAFC)

I'd rather have a miserable c*** like Lennie.

At least he was able to put together a team of 11 players of limited ability and keep us in the top division.
    Agreed, didn't say he was a great manager, just commenting on what Carts said.
    Honestly which he was a better manager than what he is.
  • 'I've never not taken responsibility.'

I must have missed that when he blames the players after every single game.
  • DOUCHER said:

I like KR as a person and love his passion but Saturday was like one of those games we used to play against teams with more resources in the early curbishley days - they were much more than the sum of their parts and KR was powerless to stop them - it was hands up time and he has had a veiled attempt at saying his assistant and coach don't help either coz they've got no experience - so don't sack me, they'll be even worse !!!! I think a few more defeats and that could become a real possibility however as a last roll of the dice

blimey - never thought I'd see the day that I agree with Doucher.

Congratulations - you've seen the light my friend
  • Ah.........the old Pards "tea lady" quote............memories memories.
  • thing with rallying cries and motivational speeches is you cant use them every week
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

The thing is with Karl Robinson, I bet he's good company to have a drink with. He's just.....

He epitomises modern day management, I know he wasn't able to have a playing career because of injury, and I know having a successful playing career doesn't mean you will be any good as a manager, he hasn't been there and done it though. I'll emphasise again it's not his fault and I genuinely admire where he has got to within the game but he is like the modern managers I get lumbered with at work. Sometimes decent people but they are exam educated managers who have no idea what doing the job for real is like, the day to day hassles that as a foot soldier you get on with, even as a senior foot soldier you know the daily battles that need to be had to get the job done yet I am constantly having to spend 6 months educating someone who has maybe rightly got the opportunity but who is useless at managing human beings and a huge part of that is not having done the job and been on the receiving end of idiotic management.

Win the fucking games Karl, you knew damn well the mess the club was in when you took the job. Be dynamic, be flexible, that sort of shit is definitely taught at management college or one of god knows how many courses.

Got told by a relative who worked for sky when he first came on board he is an absolute blinding fella to have a beer with.

Treated everyone equally, listened to everyone, spoke to everyone and spent most of night in the hotel having a drink and few stories (pre CAFC)

I'd rather have a miserable c*** like Lennie.

At least he was able to put together a team of 11 players of limited ability and keep us in the top division.
    Agreed, didn't say he was a great manager, just commenting on what Carts said.
    Honestly which he was a better manager than what he is.
    Was not pulling you up at all.