Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitch inspection today at 12.00 **GAME OFF**

Comments

• Options
    i saw this and dont understand surely be best to leave our pitch covered until the next fixture?.
  • Options
    25May98 said:

TelMc32 said:

Hope it’s off. Cousins are sponsoring the game & I am meant to be there for midday.

Nothing wrong with that, but have to get back to The O2 straight after, which is a pain in good weather.

Wow. Are you Paul Weller?
    Haha...I wish! I’m hosting clients for the gig though and don’t fancy freezing my nuts off and then trying to get back there after the game.

To save me telling the cousins I am going to give it a miss, after they picked this game especially, a postponement would be nice :smile:
  • Options

I’ve been based in Kingston for work all week and if the game isn’t called off at midday tomorrow, it will definitely be off by Saturday morning. Heavy snow showers expected in the area from about 16:00 tomorrow till midnight. I’ve been given the okay to leave at lunchtime tomorrow.

But...they did manage to get the Blackburn game to go ahead, so here’s hoping.

The Blackburn gane was tues night & I don't think SW London had had any snow by then. As you say, London is forecast to get a load tomorrow afternoon & evening. I wouldn't bet against them saying that at 12 noon tomorrow that it was playable & then having to call it off at 11 am on sat.

There had been snow here but no where near the levels that Kent experienced. Wimbledon groundshare with Chelsea ladies and from what I understand, Chelsea have provided Wimbledon with covers for the pitch. So it won’t be the snow that will be the problem, it will be the freezing weather. On the way back to Kingston station I’ll try find a park or a grass area and give that a good thud to determine if it’s frozen or not lol
    The condition of the roads around the ground will also be a factor, e.g. with that game of ours which was postponed because the area around the Valley was too dangerous
  • Options

i saw this and dont understand surely be best to leave our pitch covered until the next fixture?.
    Get the snow off the pitch, let it melt elsewhere and not into the playing surface, and let the pitch get some air and sun
  • Options
    Match postponed. Just announced
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    as above
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    would of been a headache getting there dealing with the trains, hopefully will make the replay,

20th march or 10th april for the replay i reckon.
  • Options
    Looking at BBC website half the league 1 games have been postponed this weekend.
  • Options
    Tinpot club
  • Options

Looking at BBC website half the league 1 games have been postponed this weekend.

At the moment only 4 L1 games left on Saturday, and I'd be surprised if all of them made it, especially the Scunthorpe match!
  • Options

That's 2 weeks away, seems a bit OTT
  • Options

LordDofB said:

Sensible call - No one wants me having to write a Match Preview in this weather!!
    Not to mention all the likely interruptions from nappy changes and bottle feeds :wink:
  • Options
    Good news. I can make the Tuesday. Anyone selling?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Me too if anyone wants to flog a terrace ticket
  • Options

Anyone ITK about Dulwich Hamlet, please, and their chances of playing tomorrow?

And any other reasonable suggestions for a match? Our German friends are here, and God forbid that in the absence of football they should turn to strong women and loose drink ....

Find a game in Bexley village then on to the Millers afterwards.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

LordDofB said:

Sensible call - No one wants me having to write a Match Preview in this weather!!
    Not to mention all the likely interruptions from nappy changes and bottle feeds :wink:
    Nah thats my Wife's job!!
  • Options
    Would never happen at our club!!!
  • Options
    As far as I can see, this will have to be played on April 10th, 24th or May 1st. My guess is April 10th.
  • Options
    I have received an email from Charlton, telling me game off. Not sure who is responsible (Olly?) but this is a big improvement in communication.
  • Options
    redman said:

I have received an email from Charlton, telling me game off. Not sure who is responsible (Olly?) but this is a big improvement in communication.

Its from KR - got nothing to do now that the game is off.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

LordDofB said:

Nah thats my Wife's job!!
    Good luck with that one, it was in my day but you modern men..........no chance :wink:
  • Options
    Only three games still on in div one