Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Most disliked people in adverts.

Comments

• As for that idiot with the glasses that used to do the Halifax ads, keeps turning up elsewhere, get rid of him, fooking goon.
  • and that go compare twathead
  • and fook off Felix...
  • You think it's bad in England, you should see the Thai ads! There is one consolation, however, as nearly all ads feature very good looking ladies!
  • dogpat65 said:

Am I the only one annoyed by that girl on the Iphone Animoji Advert.

Nope, me too.
    Halix said:

That bloody child singing Proud Mary in a car child seat in the AA advert, has just made a unwelcome reappearance. Next time I see a AA Van i'm letting the tyres down.

With you on this one as well.
  • I can't believe you lot having a dig at the extra fit TUI bird

Just blank out the sound and enjoy the view, you wrong uns

I'm rather put off by the gap in her front teeth so large Carl Leaburn could thread a shot through it.
  • edited March 2018
    ‘Matchdays my favourite day, despite all of the bums in my face’

Husband and I leap to find the remote to turn it over. Between almost every over on BT Sport for The Ashes. Despise it.
  • edited March 2018
    Fiiish said:

I can't believe you lot having a dig at the extra fit TUI bird

Just blank out the sound and enjoy the view, you wrong uns

I'm rather put off by the gap in her front teeth so large Carl Leaburn could thread a shot through it.
    I think you're being harsh. I'm with @creepyaddick - if he would like to get in touch:

Edited to add: it seems TUI is crossing the Ts, dotting the Is and You in the middle, which is a bit cheesy really.
  • Any advert on ITV3 in the afternoon, just adverts about stair lifts, comfortable armchairs, special beds and savings funds for your family when you die. What a joyful station.

Might want to change your viewing habits. Oldest to audience you can buy against hence the ads
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018
    That bloke in the gold tracksuit on the British Rail advert always seems a bit “iffy” to me.
  • On this subject, I hate some of the Advertising Agencies. Having worked for years using agencies, I always wanted to catch the attention early, to ensure that my product or service was named and clear to the target audience, and concentrated upon reasons to purchase/use. Today we see TV ads where at the end my wife and I look at each other and say ' what the hell were they advertising ' ?
    It seems to me now that agencies are looking to win awards for their humour with their astonishing wit and visuals. How many car adverts do more than just show the vehicle, do we all buy with looks as the biggest priority ? James Corden ? is currently annoying me, do multiple car crashes really inspire action, is giving away all your money really encouraging to viewers being told they will save money ? No wonder I am called Grumpy !
  • Grumpy said:

On this subject, I hate some of the Advertising Agencies. Having worked for years using agencies, I always wanted to catch the attention early, to ensure that my product or service was named and clear to the target audience, and concentrated upon reasons to purchase/use. Today we see TV ads where at the end my wife and I look at each other and say ' what the hell were they advertising ' ?
    It seems to me now that agencies are looking to win awards for their humour with their astonishing wit and visuals. How many car adverts do more than just show the vehicle, do we all buy with looks as the biggest priority ? James Corden ? is currently annoying me, do multiple car crashes really inspire action, is giving away all your money really encouraging to viewers being told they will save money ? No wonder I am called Grumpy !

My own personal theory used to be that you could quite easily calculate the "boring/ugly" quotient for most cars by dividing the seconds the car features in an advert by the length of the advert. 1.0 equals lovely, anything less than 0.5 a bit meh. (French cars seem to feature very little in their ads and with good reason.)

But then along came the Dacia Sandero grass-cutting ad to wreck my theory.

BTW, unless it's a generic Europe-wide advert, they tend to use a three digits three letters old-style number plate in adverts - see example below. It looks nicer and more balanced than a modern plate construction.

• edited March 2018
    Addickted said:

You sure BA?

I should have also pointed out that, despite my comment, the ads are better than the programmes.

PS, when you've lived here a while you get pretty accomplished at differentiating between women and men!
  • Grumpy said:

On this subject, I hate some of the Advertising Agencies. Having worked for years using agencies, I always wanted to catch the attention early, to ensure that my product or service was named and clear to the target audience, and concentrated upon reasons to purchase/use. Today we see TV ads where at the end my wife and I look at each other and say ' what the hell were they advertising ' ?

Agreed, work with many at the moment and they are more interested in a Cannes lion award rather than our bottom line
  • Just remembered, can't stand the two twats in the Oak Furnitureland advert, don't give a flying fcuk there is "no veneer in here", stick your wood up your arse :neutral:
  • Something very uncomfortable about the current radio advert from cancer research about obesity. Comes across as hugely patronising and condescending having a medical consultant with a plummy accent making you fill in the gaps to spell the word obesity.

I appreciate the need for people to be aware that putting on weight increases the risk of cancer, but this advert just comes across as the "ruling" classes telling the "plebs" they are stupid.
  • Just remembered, can't stand the two twats in the Oak Furnitureland advert, don't give a flying fcuk there is "no veneer in here", stick your wood up your arse :neutral:

The line at the end of all their ads is irritating enough in its own right!!

"I gotta knock (knock knock) on wood"

Just fuck off!!
  • The postcode lottery advert - with those annoying people dressed in red being generally twattish, dancing inappropriately with old people who have won a not life-changing amount. 'Alan, we are off to Benidorm'.
  • Not a person but a bear. The bear on that annoying muller ad...rice rice baby.
  • Sponsored links:

• Top 5 worst current ads for me, in no particular order:

Tui
    Nationwide
    Postcode Lottery
    Ladbrokes ad with Kamara (and where is the winning post!)
    Purple Bricks
  • The two girls on the piano in those nationwide ads , go through me , please make it stop.
  • Mine was a recent radio advert for dental work, and this guys very nasal whining voice, telling us how he wasn’t particularly fond of apples, but, it would be great to eat one ever now & then
  • Addickted said:

You sure BA?

I should have also pointed out that, despite my comment, the ads are better than the programmes.

PS, when you've lived here a while you get pretty accomplished at differentiating between women and men!
    Is it the cock that gives it away ?
  • Not keen on that bloke that seems unable to let go of his glass. It's a glass, it costs about 10p, who cares?
  • The two annoying sisters on Nationwide. Fucking jars.

Someone on my Facebook posted a clip of them performing a song whinging about Brexit, Trump, tories etc.

And I couldn't put my finger on why, but the first time I saw the Nationwide advert I got the impression they would be the annoying types to do that sort of thing.
  • edited March 2018
    cafctom said:

The two annoying sisters on Nationwide. Fucking jars.

Someone on my Facebook posted a clip of them performing a song whinging about Brexit, Trump, tories etc.

And I couldn't put my finger on why, but the first time I saw the Nationwide advert I got the impression they would be the annoying types to do that sort of thing.
    You'll be pleased to know Flo and Joan have done one for International Women's Day in that case...

https://youtu.be/XEtNEUnJm7Q

Going against the 'Flo' but I don't mind 'em tbh. Been plenty more annoying, talentless blokes in adverts over the years. Take that David Gandy geezer that's always in M&S adverts in his trunks, showing of his six pack. Yeah mate...we could all look like that with a couple of weeks with a personal trainer and a spray tan. Bugger off back to your Manhattan loft!
  • ‘Matchdays my favourite day, despite all of the bums in my face’

Husband and I leap to find the remote to turn it over. Between almost every over on BT Sport for The Ashes. Despise it.

You do know that was shot at The Valley?
  • All the hairy old slags on the Nonohair remover adverts
  • edited March 2018
    The Vodafone Business adverts.

All of their adverts seem aimed at thick yuppie cunts who run some kind of online clothing boutique operating out of some Islington flat. I can only hope that the demographic this is aimed at are so busy giggling whilst staring at their phone they fall into a sewer.