Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kashi and DaSilva out for the season.

12346»

Comments

• Talal said:

Talal said:

Only problem is we are a bit too attacking on the bench at the moment... If Pearce had been injured instead of Fosu yesterday then Sarr would have come on.

Other than Dijksteel we dont really have that calming influence to come on and settle the team down if we'd found ourselves under pressure and trying to protect a one goal lead.

Attack is the best form of defence. Never liked the idea of trying to protect a slender lead, always try for the second.
    I know it was under Robinson but we tried that against Oxford at the Valley and it didn't go too well
    How many times has putting on another defender/defensive midfielder not worked over the years? I just don't like inviting pressure, unless you're a top team more often than not the opposition will find a way through.
    The best form is to neither attack, nor defend

Just simply don't give the ball away and don't hoof it where possible... So frustrating when teams do the latter as you just know the ball will go straight to the Goalkeeper (midway in their half) and its going be hoofed straight back at you
    Agree in principal.

But if you've ever played the game competitively, you'll know there's times when you just need to clear your lines or put the ball in Row Z.

• Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

Only problem is we are a bit too attacking on the bench at the moment... If Pearce had been injured instead of Fosu yesterday then Sarr would have come on.

Other than Dijksteel we dont really have that calming influence to come on and settle the team down if we'd found ourselves under pressure and trying to protect a one goal lead.

Attack is the best form of defence. Never liked the idea of trying to protect a slender lead, always try for the second.
    I know it was under Robinson but we tried that against Oxford at the Valley and it didn't go too well
    How many times has putting on another defender/defensive midfielder not worked over the years? I just don't like inviting pressure, unless you're a top team more often than not the opposition will find a way through.
    The best form is to neither attack, nor defend

Just simply don't give the ball away and don't hoof it where possible... So frustrating when teams do the latter as you just know the ball will go straight to the Goalkeeper (midway in their half) and its going be hoofed straight back at you
    True though just keeping the ball is easier said than done (unless you're man city!).
    Probably because they hadn't made it 3-2 beforehand yet how Charlton kept the ball in injury time on Saturday was excellent - Had Rotherham scored again around 85mins though, probably would have been a different story