Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kashi and DaSilva out for the season.

Comments

• Options

Plantar fasciitis is rotten and will need a darn sight longer than 4 weeks to settle down, let alone fully recover. Sadly AK's last appearance for Charlton looks like it will have been a stinker, we'll miss him badly.
    Hopefully even the gobshitter in chief will realise only Jo Aribo fills that vacancy - I fully expect the fat scouse lush to dump Ezri Konsa into that role, with inevitably moderate results.
    JDS's absence is doubly bad news, not only has he been our best performer by a country mile but there is absolutely fuck all competent cover for his position. Lewis Page is only theoretically a footballer, let alone a full back; Sarr and Lennon are coincidentally left footed and nominally defenders but neither has delivered anything other than nightmare horror shows when lumbered with the left back berth.
    Best we can hope for is a month of freezing conditions, deferring when the FSG has to cobble together a new lineup as long as possible. Hopefully pitches don't thaw out until the blathering idiot is history and maybe just maybe the squad will be somewhat recovered.
    Chins up :)

Took me about 18-24 months to finally be rid of it.

He doesn't have Plantar Fasciitis, he's actually torn the Plantar Fascia, which could be a very long layoff as during healing it may become plantar fasciitis.

Brutal, seems he has a lot of tension in his tendons around his feet, not good for a footballer.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Plantar fasciitis is rotten and will need a darn sight longer than 4 weeks to settle down, let alone fully recover. Sadly AK's last appearance for Charlton looks like it will have been a stinker, we'll miss him badly.
    Hopefully even the gobshitter in chief will realise only Jo Aribo fills that vacancy - I fully expect the fat scouse lush to dump Ezri Konsa into that role, with inevitably moderate results.
    JDS's absence is doubly bad news, not only has he been our best performer by a country mile but there is absolutely fuck all competent cover for his position. Lewis Page is only theoretically a footballer, let alone a full back; Sarr and Lennon are coincidentally left footed and nominally defenders but neither has delivered anything other than nightmare horror shows when lumbered with the left back berth.
    Best we can hope for is a month of freezing conditions, deferring when the FSG has to cobble together a new lineup as long as possible. Hopefully pitches don't thaw out until the blathering idiot is history and maybe just maybe the squad will be somewhat recovered.

because they are centre halves & not full backs. A difference in positioning sense & need to be smaller due to wingers running at them than lumbering forwards. Same as why anyone can potentially be played upfront (as Sarr was "hyped up" to be) but very few can pull it off. Play a LB at LB.
    Round pegs in round holes?

Radical thinking ... and therefore way beyond our acting-manager.
    He's played Sarr there, what, twice? And Lennon there for five minutes (admittedly a disastrous five minutes). And Sarr was very good against Bradford.

There are a lot of things you can level at Robinson but playing players out of position is pretty far down that list.
  • Options
    Given that KR publically slagged off Page at City Addicks, it makes his decision to release Barnes and loan out Edwards more puzzling. Recall clause? The latter was in the Non-League paper team of the week recently.
  • Options
    Barnes was a RB, Edwards I agree upon.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I've seen Barnes play both, once 2 halves of the same match vs QPR. Seemed comfortable at both but got ripped apart in an U23 match at RB. But one poor match does not make a poor player. Perhaps Dick or Seth can expand
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Just going on what others have said about him this year, it doesn't sound like Edwards is anywhere near ready, though I imagine he can be recalled because he's gone to non-league.

Again, going on what others have said it sounds like the Norwich pre-season game at LB really affected Barnes, and it sounds like he's stagnated/gone backward since pre-season. It sounds like he really needs to be playing football now, as you'd expect for a 21 year old with almost no senior experience, and with his contract out in the summer I think letting him go made sense.

I think both of them would be behind Page, Sarr, Lennon, Jackson, and Mascoll when all are fit. Letting your 7th and and 8th choice left backs go isn't a particularly controversial decision in my mind.
  • Options

Sarr is the least worst option with what we have got IMO.

I assume we have hit rock bottom
  • Options

because they are centre halves & not full backs. A difference in positioning sense & need to be smaller due to wingers running at them than lumbering forwards. Same as why anyone can potentially be played upfront (as Sarr was "hyped up" to be) but very few can pull it off. Play a LB at LB.
    blimey, there's an idea

2 problems:
    a) FSG is a chancer hoping to pass as a maverick
    b) he ain't got any left backs to choose from even if he knows that's what's required
  • Options

blimey, there's an idea

2 problems:
    a) FSG is a chancer hoping to pass as a maverick
    b) he ain't got any left backs to choose from even if he knows that's what's required

Re b) There are at least two in the 23's
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My Comment was linked to Stig's question, there are at least 2 options in the 23's

• Options
    edited March 2018
    masicat said:

Season starts Saturday.

Thank god for that.

It was all a dream.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    wmcf123 said:

Sarr is the least worst option with what we have got IMO.

I assume we have hit rock bottom
    Ok, who is the better option? So yes, you are probably right.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Sage said:

Dasilva out for around 6 weeks due to a serious ankle sprain.

Kashi has torn the bottom of his foot near the heel but the opposite side of his achilles injury previously. Expected to be out for at least 4 weeks whilst they do further scans.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a95d7d966690/from-the-treatment-room-the-latest-on-ahmed-kashi-and-jay-dasilva

I thought they were out for the season. It seems like anyone in the know actually knows sod all on here.
    I believe that quote was straight out of the "horse's " mouth on Monday evening.....
    The horses mouth never stopped lying and talking shit to people did it. Welcome back Jay.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Sage said:

Dasilva out for around 6 weeks due to a serious ankle sprain.

Kashi has torn the bottom of his foot near the heel but the opposite side of his achilles injury previously. Expected to be out for at least 4 weeks whilst they do further scans.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a95d7d966690/from-the-treatment-room-the-latest-on-ahmed-kashi-and-jay-dasilva

I thought they were out for the season. It seems like anyone in the know actually knows sod all on here.
    I believe that quote was straight out of the "horse's " mouth on Monday evening.....
    The horses mouth never stopped lying and talking shit to people did it. Welcome back Jay.
    On that note, does this mean we'll see Kashi back Next week..................or a Muzza Next week :wink:
  • Options
    I feel we are much better with Kashi out the side
  • Options
    Wow, I had forgotten about Kashi's existence
  • Options
    Kashi's ability was wasted under Robinson. He is far better than the player he became, simply there to protect the centre halves, then passing the ball sideways. We saw what he is capable of when he scored his two goals, and who could ever forget his cracker at Peterborough! Hopefully he could still play a big part if we get to the play offs.
  • Options
    I would feel more comfortable with Kashi at least on the bench, though I'm not sure who I'd leave out to make space...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I would feel more comfortable with Kashi at least on the bench, though I'm not sure who I'd leave out to make space...

If Fosu is now injured for the season, a spot on the bench has just become available
  • Options

I feel we are much better with Kashi out the side

agreed - don't need 2 sitters and jfc is much better on the ball which, for me, is the most important attribute for a CDM rather than being an out and out ball winner which is all I see kashi as being. Aribo and jfc is a good balance.
  • Options
    I know I've banged on about AT before, but I suffered with Plantar Fasciitis for months. After 8 sesions of practising the Alexander Technique it was gone, and I have not suffered with it since.
  • Options
    Only problem is we are a bit too attacking on the bench at the moment... If Pearce had been injured instead of Fosu yesterday then Sarr would have come on.

Other than Dijksteel we dont really have that calming influence to come on and settle the team down if we'd found ourselves under pressure and trying to protect a one goal lead.
  • Options

Only problem is we are a bit too attacking on the bench at the moment... If Pearce had been injured instead of Fosu yesterday then Sarr would have come on.

Other than Dijksteel we dont really have that calming influence to come on and settle the team down if we'd found ourselves under pressure and trying to protect a one goal lead.

Attack is the best form of defence. Never liked the idea of trying to protect a slender lead, always try for the second.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Attack is the best form of defence. Never liked the idea of trying to protect a slender lead, always try for the second.
    I know it was under Robinson but we tried that against Oxford at the Valley and it didn't go too well
  • Options

Talal said:

I know it was under Robinson but we tried that against Oxford at the Valley and it didn't go too well
    I bet it would work against Oxford now.
  • Options

Talal said:

How many times has putting on another defender/defensive midfielder not worked over the years? I just don't like inviting pressure, unless you're a top team more often than not the opposition will find a way through.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Talal said:

How many times has putting on another defender/defensive midfielder not worked over the years? I just don't like inviting pressure, unless you're a top team more often than not the opposition will find a way through.
    The best form is to neither attack, nor defend

Just simply don't give the ball away and don't hoof it where possible... So frustrating when teams do the latter as you just know the ball will go straight to the Goalkeeper (midway in their half) and its going be hoofed straight back at you
  • Options

Talal said:

Talal said:

The best form is to neither attack, nor defend

Just simply don't give the ball away and don't hoof it where possible... So frustrating when teams do the latter as you just know the ball will go straight to the Goalkeeper (midway in their half) and its going be hoofed straight back at you
    True though just keeping the ball is easier said than done (unless you're man city!).