Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kashi and DaSilva out for the season.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

YTS1978 said:

Grant Basey is back on the books, so there's JDS' replacement sorted!

Chuck him in goal!

"What do you think boys? Get them taken up to this cup size?"
  • Options

sam3110 said:

I'd switch to 3 centre backs now, or play Sarr at left back.

-----------------------Amos
    -------Bauer------Pearce------Sarr
    Marshall Konsa Forster-Caskey Fosu
    ------------Aribo-----------Reeves
    ------------------Magennis

Phillips Lennon Solly Dijksteel Zyro Ajose Kaikai

Amos
    Konsa Bauer Pearce Sarr
    Marshall Aribo Forster-Caskey Fosu
    Magnnis Ajose

Phillips Solly Lennon Dijksteel Reeves Zyro Kaikai

Taking two attacking wingers and asking them to play wing-back for the first time ever. Yikes.
    Still not as stupid as 4231
  • Options
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - Amos - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - Bauer - - Pearce - - Konsa - - - - - -

Marshall - - JFC - - Aribo - - Tariqe Fosu

- - - - - - - - - - - - Reeves - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - Magennis - - Ajose - - - - - - - -
  • Options

Amos
    Konsa - Bauer - Pearce - Sarr
    Marshall - F.Caskey - Aribo - Fosu
    Magennis - H.Fairchild
  • Options
    Well at least we should be safe from relegation.
  • Options
    If Page isn’t ready or fit enough and Mascoll is injured. Playing Sarr at left back isn’t a terrible idea but that can only work for certain games and situations. We now can’t play someone else in a left wing back position, it would be so weak. One idea that really needs considering again is Solly at left back. I also can’t see Robinson changing formation just yet. But I hope he does and we go differently, we need to score goals.

Amos
    Konsa Bauer Pearce Solly
    Marshall Dijksteel Forster-Caskey Fosu
    Ajose Magennis

Amos
    Konsa Bauer Pearce Solly
    Dijksteel Forster-Caskey
    Marshall Reeves Fosu
    Magennis

Harsh on Aribo maybe, but him and Forster-Caskey in that central two will get destroyed. We will probably see Jackson come into the side for experience and positioning, but I hope Dijksteel gets a chance to prove he is good enough.

Having Konsa, Dijksteel and Marshall on that side should be defensive enough albeit maybe not as strong as we would like but definitely good enough for this league. Solly is more capable defensively than Dasilva so shouldn’t suffer as massively if Fosu doesn’t track back as much.
  • Options
    From what I saw the first 10 minutes of our last game, I've got a feeling a lot of people here are going to fall in love with Kai kai very soon...
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Sarr is the best bet for left back if he is fit.

From what I saw from the last 80 minutes of our last game, i've got a feeling a lot of people here are going to get frustrated with Kai Kai very soon....
  • Options

Sarr is the best bet for left back if he is fit.

From what I saw from the last 80 minutes of our last game, i've got a feeling a lot of people here are going to get frustrated with Kai Kai very soon....

From what I saw of his 70 or 80 minutes at MK Franchise he's still very much in deficit.
  • Options
    Not sure if mentioned previously, but this will probably scupper us calling off our game on the next international break when we are due to play Plymouth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone know what is wrong with Kashi?
  • Options

He keeps slapping people.
  • Options

Air sick

• Options
    I'm all for playing page at LB............that's his position ffs !!! Don't sod around playing Sarr or Solly there. Page may not be as good as Da Silva, then again no-one in our squad is & he won't be replaced easily. However, its one thing playing Sarr there for the last 10 mins of a game, but for a full 90 mins, no thank you.
  • Options
    I'm sure Robinson will play Page at LB on Saturday. Page was after all one of his first signings
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Solly - - Pearce - - Bauer - - Page
    ----------Diarra - Aribo
    Kaikai - - - - - - - - - - - - Fosu
    ------------Mag - Ajose

We’ll end up playing much too deep without a goalkeeper.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Dasilva out for around 6 weeks due to a serious ankle sprain.

Kashi has torn the bottom of his foot near the heel but the opposite side of his achilles injury previously. Expected to be out for at least 4 weeks whilst they do further scans.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a95d7d966690/from-the-treatment-room-the-latest-on-ahmed-kashi-and-jay-dasilva
  • Options
    These two guys have probably been our most consistent performers,but neither will possibly be here next season,so now is a massive opportunity for whoever replaces them,to step up to the plate and prove their worth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Sage said:

Kashi has torn the bottom of his foot near the heel but the opposite side of his achilles injury previously. Expected to be out for at least 4 weeks whilst they do further scans.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a95d7d966690/from-the-treatment-room-the-latest-on-ahmed-kashi-and-jay-dasilva

I thought they were out for the season. It seems like anyone in the know actually knows sod all on here.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Sage said:

I thought they were out for the season. It seems like anyone in the know actually knows sod all on here.
    "At least four weeks" for Kashi could mean four months given what's happened before.

Six weeks for Dasilva takes us to mid-April. Add another couple of weeks (because that's always the case with our treatment room) and we're at the end of April before he's close to being fit again. The season ends on 5 May. Does he come straight back into the side without having played for two months? Doubtful.

Neither will be here next season: JDS will be back to Chelsea in the summer before going somewhere else on loan next year and Kashi won't hang around in Division Three so he's unlikely to do anything to scupper a transfer away.

Conclusion: Both out for the season.
    Page in as left back and nurture Doughty would be my suggestion.
  • Options
    Just to confirm a torn Plantar Fascia can be up to 6 months out depending on the grade of the tear.

Kashi won't get a new club in summer.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Sage said:

I believe that quote was straight out of the "horse's " mouth on Monday evening.....
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Nicholas said:

Sage said:

"At least four weeks" for Kashi could mean four months given what's happened before.

Six weeks for Dasilva takes us to mid-April. Add another couple of weeks (because that's always the case with our treatment room) and we're at the end of April before he's close to being fit again. The season ends on 5 May. Does he come straight back into the side without having played for two months? Doubtful.

Neither will be here next season: JDS will be back to Chelsea in the summer before going somewhere else on loan next year and Kashi won't hang around in Division Three so he's unlikely to do anything to scupper a transfer away.

Conclusion: Both out for the season.
    To be fair to him Kashi seemingly rushed himself back to play in meaningless games two years ago after we were relegated.

That said, it doesn't sound good and tearing something in the heal is really bad. It sounds like they have to wait four weeks for the swelling to subside before they're able to fully determine how bad it is. Pains me to say we've probably seen him in a Charlton shirt for the last time. Really like him. Think he has the potential to take it up another notch as well.
  • Options
    Plantar fasciitis is rotten and will need a darn sight longer than 4 weeks to settle down, let alone fully recover. Sadly AK's last appearance for Charlton looks like it will have been a stinker, we'll miss him badly.
    Hopefully even the gobshitter in chief will realise only Jo Aribo fills that vacancy - I fully expect the fat scouse lush to dump Ezri Konsa into that role, with inevitably moderate results.
    JDS's absence is doubly bad news, not only has he been our best performer by a country mile but there is absolutely fuck all competent cover for his position. Lewis Page is only theoretically a footballer, let alone a full back; Sarr and Lennon are coincidentally left footed and nominally defenders but neither has delivered anything other than nightmare horror shows when lumbered with the left back berth.
    Best we can hope for is a month of freezing conditions, deferring when the FSG has to cobble together a new lineup as long as possible. Hopefully pitches don't thaw out until the blathering idiot is history and maybe just maybe the squad will be somewhat recovered.
    Chins up :)
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Sage said:

That was Karl. He's not know for accuracy in these matters.
  • Options

Plantar fasciitis is rotten and will need a darn sight longer than 4 weeks to settle down, let alone fully recover. Sadly AK's last appearance for Charlton looks like it will have been a stinker, we'll miss him badly.
    Hopefully even the gobshitter in chief will realise only Jo Aribo fills that vacancy - I fully expect the fat scouse lush to dump Ezri Konsa into that role, with inevitably moderate results.
    JDS's absence is doubly bad news, not only has he been our best performer by a country mile but there is absolutely fuck all competent cover for his position. Lewis Page is only theoretically a footballer, let alone a full back; Sarr and Lennon are coincidentally left footed and nominally defenders but neither has delivered anything other than nightmare horror shows when lumbered with the left back berth.
    Best we can hope for is a month of freezing conditions, deferring when the FSG has to cobble together a new lineup as long as possible. Hopefully pitches don't thaw out until the blathering idiot is history and maybe just maybe the squad will be somewhat recovered.

because they are centre halves & not full backs. A difference in positioning sense & need to be smaller due to wingers running at them than lumbering forwards. Same as why anyone can potentially be played upfront (as Sarr was "hyped up" to be) but very few can pull it off. Play a LB at LB.
  • Options

because they are centre halves & not full backs. A difference in positioning sense & need to be smaller due to wingers running at them than lumbering forwards. Same as why anyone can potentially be played upfront (as Sarr was "hyped up" to be) but very few can pull it off. Play a LB at LB.
    Round pegs in round holes?

Radical thinking ... and therefore way beyond our acting-manager.